Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Anybody want to post a screencap of how 4g is doing during the Super Bowl rush?

Data is almost unusable downtown today according to my buddy on duty (he is a cop). I was in Woldenberg Park Friday and Saturday and switched my phone over to CDMA only so it would stop connecting to the Japonica St tower (which made my data unusable).

Sounds like an LSU game. Unusable Sprint, Verizon, and ATT data. Only that I could get to work was SMS on Sprint.

On another note.. Anyone notice the odd strip of LTE on sensorly at Perkins heading up Siegen in BR?

Doesn't make much sense to me given the direction it is going along with the area. Unless a site was activated that we can't see like the rooftop at Essen.

Sent from my little Note2

Sounds like an LSU game. Unusable Sprint, Verizon, and ATT data. Only that I could get to work was SMS on Sprint.

On another note.. Anyone notice the odd strip of LTE on sensorly at Perkins heading up Siegen in BR?

Doesn't make much sense to me given the direction it is going along with the area. Unless a site was activated that we can't see like the rooftop at Essen.

Yep, I always wonder why they don't bring in some Cows or add some panels in Tiger Stadium. Literally everyone around us at the games no matter the carrier complains about their phones being unusable.

Yep, I always wonder why they don't bring in some Cows or add some panels in Tiger Stadium. Literally everyone around us at the games no matter the carrier complains about their phones being unusable.

They had a cow there last season. We had it on our maps when it dispatched.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

They had a cow there last season. We had it on our maps when it dispatched.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Oh wow. I had no idea. Learned something new. But I can't say I could tell the difference. I guess they get an A for effort.

• Like 1

Oh wow. I had no idea. Learned something new. But I can't say I could tell the difference. I guess they get an A for effort.

Yep but only so much you can do with people packed in so closely. No amount of panels or cows will help. Only spectrum will help and they just don't have it with only 7 carriers available in BR after they sold the spectrum to ATT. They are already running maxed out there already.

But alas none of the other carriers can pull it off either. At least I could text and call with Sprint. Kinda sucked that I was trying to text and call an ATT customer and his iphone said No service when I finally found him.

Yep but only so much you can do with people packed in so closely. No amount of panels or cows will help. Only spectrum will help and they just don't have it with only 7 carriers available in BR after they sold the spectrum to ATT. They are already running maxed out there already.

But alas none of the other carriers can pull it off either. At least I could text and call with Sprint. Kinda sucked that I was trying to text and call an ATT customer and his iphone said No service when I finally found him.

I thought sprint increased their spectrum.

I drove up that section of Seigen just yesterday afternoon and found nothing. I don't see how either of the two known towers could be responsible. But morning I'll find out when I go to work on Bluenonnet near Perkins.

That's why I said the signal didn't make sense knowing the area combined with what sites have been upgraded so far.

Looking at the map again there's a huge strip on I-10 now. Puzzling...I'm not buying that from the 2 known sites for that long of a signal "map".

This is the site at the corner of corporate and Jefferson. I'm new at this but is that NV equipment in the middle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice work.. that is one site that hasn't been checked nor have I been by there in a while. Definitely looks like it to me, AT&T is at the bottom rack. But there is just too many RRUs on the panel to deny it, plus it looks like the NV panels. The sharing of the racks definitely makes it confusing.

This is off constitution. Legacy?

That's not a Sprint site. Make sure you reference the maps since you are Sponsor there's no point in wasting your time looking at non-sprint sites. I believe that's the old Alltel store and that was their site. Now it is Verizon's.

This off Picardy and Essen..... I have no idea

That's the site in my RRU spotting thread...should be real easy for you if you read the how to spot an RRU thread in my signature. Sprint is at the top. AT&T at the bottom.

That's not a Sprint site. Make sure you reference the maps since you are Sponsor there's no point in wasting your time looking at non-sprint sites. I believe that's the old Alltel store and that was their site. Now it is Verizon's.

I used the sponsor map and it said I was dead on..

I used the sponsor map and it said I was dead on..

The sprint store on bluebonnet swears this is there tower right behind their store... Doesn't look like it to me but like I said I'm new

Dead giveaway is the bands you can read on the bottom of it. If that's the site behind the Sprint store then nope. That's been Verizon's panels. I see they upgraded it to an actual monopole and got rid of the old telephone pole thing that Alltel put up years ago.

Again it's not on the maps: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/