Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

http://www.speedtest...d/367296013.png

Speedtest this afternoon from the parking lot at northside hospital on 49th st. I think that's the fastest speed test I've seen.

Great speeds, i wish once they offically go live we see those speeds all the time. I have actually seen speeds from that same tower as low as 6meg down and just over 1meg.

Great speeds, i wish once they offically go live we see those speeds all the time. I have actually seen speeds from that same tower as low as 6meg down and just over 1meg.

As long as speeds stay at least 5 meg that should be enough to stream whatever you want to. Even 3g where it works is fine for streaming Netflix.

I have back haul installed in my home tower but I still have under 1 megabit download. Why is this?

There is no Network Vision 3G upgrades live yet in the Tampa area. Sprint has to bring 3G improvements up in clusters. So even sites with new NV backhaul will still have 3G on legacy side until the whole cluster that site belongs to is complete.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

There is no Network Vision 3G upgrades live yet in the Tampa area. Sprint has to bring 3G improvements up in clusters. So even sites with new NV backhaul will still have 3G on legacy side until the whole cluster that site belongs to is complete.

how big are clusters? say 5-10 towers? or are we talking a certain mile radius?

ok thank god

ok thank god

Its not bad in some areas. Been reasonably fast and responsive in New Tampa and Temple Terrace, although I'm not streaming Netflix or anything like that lol. Just good enough for me to look something up or update an app quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

how big are clusters? say 5-10 towers? or are we talking a certain mile radius?

Clusters are typically 10-20 sites. Each site is assigned to a cluster on the network, even before Network Vision was started. LTE does not have to be done in clusters, because a momentary LTE data drop has almost no discernable impact to customers. However, if voice gets dropped momentarily at an RF seam between sites, that's a big deal. It results in a dropped phone call.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

i thought that once EHRPD was set that all 3g traffic was routed through the lte backhaul and had the same IP address etc. So what you are saying that even if you are connected with EHRPD that its going through the old 3g backhaul? so if im connected to a tower and loose LTE i'll switch to EHRP and the old backhaul and have a different IP address right? once they switch the whole cluster then they'll share the same backbone right?

i've been getting speeds of ~1-1.5 mbps hopefully once they switch the backhauls we can get 2-3mpbs on 3g. that would be great!!

i thought that once EHRPD was set that all 3g traffic was routed through the lte backhaul and had the same IP address etc. So what you are saying that even if you are connected with EHRPD that its going through the old 3g backhaul? so if im connected to a tower and loose LTE i'll switch to EHRP and the old backhaul and have a different IP address right? once they switch the whole cluster then they'll share the same backbone right?

i've been getting speeds of ~1-1.5 mbps hopefully once they switch the backhauls we can get 2-3mpbs on 3g. that would be great!!

eHRPD has nothing to do with new backhaul. And only LTE devices use eHRPD. eHRPD is a network software enhancement that allows your device to maintain one IP address on the Sprint network to allow your device the ability to maintain a data session as it switches between 3G and LTE. In most instances, the 3G side will not use the same backhaul as the LTE side until the cluster is ready to go live. The 3G stays on the legacy side until the cluster is ready.

You can certainly run on eHRPD on a legacy site connected through legacy backhaul. eHRPD enhancements have been added to almost every market in the country now. Even ones that haven't started Network Vision deployment.

Additionally, a completed and fully functioning NV 3G site will run 1Mbps to 2.6Mbps depending on load. DO Advanced will help Sprint manage its 3G loads much better too.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Ahhh! That explains why when watching Netflix the stream fails when swapping between LTE and 3G. I was worried this was permanent.

It shouldn't fail unless of course the 3G is overloaded where it can't stream it. Or maybe Netflix's app can't handle the different in speed change between 4G and 3G.

It shouldn't fail unless of course the 3G is overloaded where it can't stream it. Or maybe Netflix's app can't handle the different in speed change between 4G and 3G.

Odd, I disconnect every time I swap between 3G and LTE. Swapping between 2g and 3G works fine.