Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Sorry I meant fletcher and 56th. That tower would cover my apartment really well :-) I'm just hoping that when the Perkins towers lights up I'm able to pick it up on fletcher and 56th since it'll probably be a while until I that one gets lte

The LTE towers typically don't have any down tilt until enough towers come online to cover an area well. When the Perkins tower lights up, this area will be covered pretty well for the time being.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks, i just was not sure of the tower id was part of the cell id or how to determine without driving to the site.

There is apparently some vague correlation between LTE serving cell IDs and tower IDs, but there doesn't seem to be any algorithm to find one based on the other. With the iPhone 5, if you convert the cell ID to hexadecimal (or alternatively take the remainder after dividing by 256) the two final digits should be the sector number (almost always 01-03, unless you have fewer or more sectors on the tower). and the rest is a unique site ID.

It seems like it's been a while since St. Pete got another tower going.

True. Funny thing is about that tower that just went live is there are 3 others that were in progress with panels hung and cabinets set before the panels were hung on that one

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

True. Funny thing is about that tower that just went live is there are 3 others that were in progress with panels hung and cabinets set before the panels were hung on that one

We have seen that quite a few times in other markets. Some of the first towers that received RRUs are still not active today.

Sent from my little Note2

I just would've thought that this would've been a more productive week over here. It seems to me that when Tampa started lighting up, things came to a crawl over here.

We have seen that quite a few times in other markets. Some of the first towers that received RRUs are still not active today.

Sent from my little Note2

It actually didn't surprise me but what you just said did.. Still not active holy crap I would be going crazy driving by every day..

I just would've thought that this would've been a more productive week over here. It seems to me that when Tampa started lighting up, things came to a crawl over here.

We will be fine. There are 3 sites I know of that are not active. I imagine especially on the beach there are tons more we don't know about.. I'm fine with the build out over there and here. I need LTE everywhere I go not just around the corner

• Like 1

There's still a bunch of workers at Lynn and Gunn site. Couldn't tell what they were doing as the panels are up and ground work is done. I forget the name of the company. It wasn't Ericsson but something else that started with an E.

I see it. I'm happy, but thought I might pick it up good in Summerfield, unless they returned it off. Just be the big tower in Covington just south of big bend, west of 76, south end if the Covington sub.

I'm down in Cape Coral for a couple days till Sunday night. I am mapping everywhere I go and wqs mapping down 75 right by therr aroubd 730pm tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Had to come back to Tampa early. Went back into Covington Park and tower is right at the end of Covington Garden Dr. Surprised at height and how quickky signal dropped off at a distance. I am in Summerfield and think I pick up weak Bell Shoals sigal better. Antennas must be aimed lower.

Had to come back to Tampa early. Went back into Covington Park and tower is right at the end of Covington Garden Dr. Surprised at height and how quickky signal dropped off at a distance. I am in Summerfield and think I pick up weak Bell Shoals sigal better. Antennas must be aimed lower.

have noticed the same thing but it doesn't matter for because I live in Covington

I was just in down town Zephyhills and, noticed I had connected to a faint 4G signal. I fired up Sensorly and mapped a little, until the signal dropped. I couldn't spend time to locate the source tower. It wasn't any of the three closest to Zephyrhills(they are not live yet), or the two that recently went live near I75(they are way too far away). There may be another tower live somewhere around farther East...

• Like 1

I was just in down town Zephyhills and, noticed I had connected to a faint 4G signal. I fired up Sensorly and mapped a little, until the signal dropped. I couldn't spend time to locate the source tower. It wasn't any of the three closest to Zephyrhills(they are not live yet), or the two that recently went live near I75(they are way too far away). There may be another tower live somewhere around farther East...

Looks like there is a new tower north between Zephyrhills and Dade City on 301, some tracks showing up on Sensorly.

• Like 1

Looks like there is a new tower north between Zephyrhills and Dade City on 301, some tracks showing up on Sensorly.

Yes sir! I am connected to it right now, inside the Wells Fargo. Getting 2MB down >1MB up.