Sprint announces more small LTE cities

marioc21

Sprint just announced more LTE cities. Small ones, but more is better than none.

• Lawrence, KS
  • Topeka, KS
  • Wichita, KS
  • Waukegan-Lake County, IL
  • Barnstable-Hyannis/Mid-Cape, MA

Press release: http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2395

• Like 1

Notice how they don't even mention the EVO anymore for LTE?

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Excellent catch, not encouraging at all for my EVOLTE. Sad really that Sprints first flagship phone line that was actually worthy of the term flagship has been reduced to stepchild status. I wonder if there is a hardware issue similar to the One X

Yeah, they also don't mention it on their website as one of the "Showcase" phones. Only phones there are GSIII and the Photon Q.

I've been gunshy about the EVO LTE and I guess this just confirms my worries. Man, I really liked that phone.

Excellent catch, not encouraging at all for my EVOLTE.

I've been gunshy about the EVO LTE and I guess this just confirms my worries. Man, I really liked that phone.

The EVO LTE is not for everyone. It is the LTE experts' phone. Like a sports car with a stick shift, you gotta know how to drive it.

AJ

• Like 4

I saw on another site where someone was ripping Sprint pretty saying that there was no LTE in Atlanta. Someone tried to explain to him that the problem, at least in part, likely was his Evo LTE. He wasn't trying to hear it though and ported to t-mobile. HTC really needs to get the Evo LTE sorted out or else Sprint should consider pulling it. It's making Sprint look bad and they certainly don't need any more help in that regard.

• Like 6

The EVO LTE is not for everyone. It is the LTE experts' phone. Like a sports car with a stick shift, you gotta know how to drive it.

AJ

Seems to me more like a jaguar. You need a second to drive around while one is in the shop.

• Like 4

Seems to me more like a jaguar. You need a second to drive around while one is in the shop.

Hah that reminds of the mad men episodes where they were trying to get jaguar as a client

AJ

I feel ya... but it just doesn't seem worth it unless maybe the phone was free to start with. A sports car with stick shift has advantages over an automatic. What advantages does having to mess with the LTE settings have?

My 2009 minted old stable rule to "never buy htc again" hasnt failed me yet and still works out to my advantage.

Loving these press releases from sprint. The other carriers have announced tiny towns and communities in "running list" order, so regardless of size, this is no different. Verizon announced its first lte city in my state last year. It was canton , mississippi... a town of 13,000 people

• Like 1

Anyone notice they didn't mention any device older than the GS3. They dropped LG & the tri-band modem. It appears they are permoting their new devices with their new cities.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Verizon announced its first lte city in my state last year. It was canton , mississippi... a town of 13,000 people

Maybe actor Kiefer Sutherland said, "You tell them boys we need some LTE down here in Canton."

(Now, will anyone at all recognize this obscure reference?)

AJ

• Like 3

My 2009 minted old stable rule to "never buy htc again" hasnt failed me yet and still works out to my advantage.

Loving these press releases from sprint. The other carriers have announced tiny towns and communities in "running list" order, so regardless of size, this is no different. Verizon announced its first lte city in my state last year. It was canton , mississippi... a town of 13,000 people

And I went with the don't get burned by Samsung rule this time after the Epic4g GPS and radio train wreck.

And I went with the don't get burned by Samsung rule this time after the Epic4g GPS and radio train wreck.

Good point.

Samsung did resolve the gps issues with the 3 (at least best i can tell) ... i find fault in my initial statement however since lte connectivity is a mute point in my city/ state for the majority of my upgrade cycle anyway. Either would have served me well while in ole dirty.

Pardon my thread hijack :(

They finally fixed that ordeal with the GS3. The GPS on the GS3 is about the best of any device I've ever used. Locks very fast and almost always with 10+ sats. My GS2, on the other hand, is a joke.

I am willing to bet that the EVO line ends here and now with the EVO LTE. I think the next HTC phone on Sprint will be a new flagship model under the standard name like Samsung did this year with the Galaxy series. I went by the same thing you did as everyone I know who has had Samsung Android phones in the past has been burned bad from GPS, radio issues and to some never getting basic updates. Now Samsung decides to turn it all around. I blame HTC for not doing more as they should have Jelly Bean out already for the HOX line and descendants. That would have been the deciding factor and would have given them an edge against Samsung, which technically has better hardware (specs). But now Samsung is already releasing Jelly Bean when there hasn't been word one on the issue from HTC. My next phone will probably end up being a Samsung. If I start having issues with the LTE I will probably go to the Note 2. Sad as I really love HTC products.

Htc said jb for one series next Month. So hopefully Evo gets it late oct/nov

I don't believe that actually came from HTC. If I remember correctly that was an insider who said that was the plan he thinks. It doesn't matter now as Samsung has almost beat them to the line. They need to release something to let users know they mean business.