Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

ny6uvegu.jpg

This popped up leaving the health center! Looks like lte is live on that tower!

The 800mhz absolutely rocks for signal penetrator through all that cement

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What phone are you using, and what PRL is it?

Cool.  I am trying to find out if anyone gets 800mhz around here with an S3 on 25017.  So far, I cant find anyone.  Other phones with 25017 seem to get on it though.  Interesting.

I get it fine too with a modded PRL.  Its definitely live all over the place.  You cant miss it if you have a device using it, or a PRL calling for it  :tu:

I do not pick it up with my S3 , I am actually disappointed in NV so far. My phone says LTE but my speeds say otherwise. Dropped calls and spotty reception. Maybe when I get a new phone I will see the difference. I was thinking of the LG G2.

Meriden will get the sprint spark service as they once had WiMAX.

By the way, look at the text message that sprint sent me a few minutes ago. Things are going to be looking

good fairly soon.

i Got that message also!!!!!

I do not pick it up with my S3 , I am actually disappointed in NV so far. My phone says LTE but my speeds say otherwise. Dropped calls and spotty reception. Maybe when I get a new phone I will see the difference. I was thinking of the LG G2.

Well before you make the jump, the G2 and probably every other tri band device have LTE speed issues. All my single band devices smoke it on download speeds. It'll sometimes have a burst of 5+mb but for the most part I get downloads of 0.60mb to 2mb while my Note and One keep a steady 5-10mbps consistently. It's weird, I have called sprint and they pretty much didn't do anything but had me do the battery pull and reprovision the phone. Nothing's change, I can use Netflix and YouTube but hulu will not play at all on that device whether HQ or LQ.

In wallingford alot and service has definately improved...2 more towers need upgrading..tolles rd and a tower on the corner of n.main and e.center st....other than that wallingford is looking good.

• Like 1

Well before you make the jump, the G2 and probably every other tri band device have LTE speed issues. All my single band devices smoke it on download speeds. It'll sometimes have a burst of 5+mb but for the most part I get downloads of 0.60mb to 2mb while my Note and One keep a steady 5-10mbps consistently. It's weird, I have called sprint and they pretty much didn't do anything but had me do the battery pull and reprovision the phone. Nothing's change, I can use Netflix and YouTube but hulu will not play at all on that device whether HQ or LQ.

This is not the case. I am not hearing issues where Triband phones are slower. Sometimes, Triband phones are faster and keep a signal much better. Especially the Nexus 5.

You cannot take just one off speed tests. Phones will often connect to different sites, different sectors of a site and even different carriers on the same sector. And then there is the CSFB issue that could allow a Uniband device connect to a closer site than a Triband. But this effect would only be temporary until the closer site gets CSFB. There are just a lot of variables. You really need to run a controlled test and fully understand how to read your engineering screens before you can conclude that.

And based on all of our observations to date, there is nothing different about the performance of Triband LTE phones that makes it slower. They are not. And when another band is deployed in your area and the initial Band 25 is clogged up, the Triband is going to be way, way faster than the Uniband LTE devices.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

This is not the case. I am not hearing issues where Triband phones are slower. Sometimes, Triband phones are faster and keep a signal much better. Especially the Nexus 5.

You cannot take just one off speed tests. Phones will often connect to different sites, different sectors of a site and even different carriers on the same sector. And then there is the CSFB issue that could allow a Uniband device connect to a closer site than a Triband. But this effect would only be temporary until the closer site gets CSFB. There are just a lot of variables. You really need to run a controlled test and fully understand how to read your engineering screens before you can conclude that.

And based on all of our observations to date, there is nothing different about the performance of Triband LTE phones that makes it slower. They are not. And when another band is deployed in your area and the initial Band 25 is clogged up, the Triband is going to be way, way faster than the Uniband LTE devices.

I'm just stating my experience with the phone. All my single band devices trash my G2. This includes a EVO LTE, One, GS3, and Note 2. I've been doing speed test back to back on all of them. The G2 always falls short compared to the other devices. A quick Google search gave me a few articles of ppl having LTE issues as well. Maybe it's just the G2 but I'm not the only one who's experiencing LTE issues.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F139377

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F142574

Edited by RayTrue04

I'm just stating my experience with the phone. All my single band devices trash my G2. This includes a EVO LTE, One, GS3, and Note 2. I've been doing speed test back to back on all of them. The G2 always falls short compared to the other devices. A quick Google search gave me a few articles of ppl having LTE issues as well. Maybe it's just the G2 but I'm not the only one who's experiencing LTE issues.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F139377

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F142574

These two links are in reference to the CSFB issue. This has nothing to do with slower LTE. The CSFB issue is explained in this article.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

CSFB becomes a lesser issue every month and now is isolated only to a few pockets in Samsung markets.

• Like 1

Also of note, ive owned many many single band and tri band devices, in EVERY CASE, my triband phone was faster or the same. Also my G2 got signal (4g), where i wouldnt have it on the evo lte or htc one. 

How do you do a battery pull on the G2???   Personally, i would like to see you do one. Im not 100% sure you had the G2  based off that, JMHO 

Also of note, ive owned many many single band and tri band devices, in EVERY CASE, my triband phone was faster or the same. Also my G2 got signal (4g), where i wouldnt have it on the evo lte or htc one.

How do you do a battery pull on the G2??? Personally, i would like to see you do one. Im not 100% sure you had the G2 based off that, JMHO

Ok maybe I should've just said power it off for a few minutes not a battery pull. Same thing almost. You don't need to be sure as I know what devices i have on my account and in what I spend my cash on. Maybe this G2 is defective or the radio modem sucks but I know for a fact the LTE is not performing as well as my other devices. Speed test app shows it as so does Hulu (which does not play at all) and YouTube which skips constantly. Also out of both the links I posted one was about that csfb or whatever its called issue, the other one the user is specifically talking about his speeds as well and no one had an answer. Also another thing I noticed is standing in one spot I can get 1 bar of LTE facing one way and as soon as I start turning another direction it'll jump to 4 in the same spot so maybe it is a radio issue.. 10yrs with Sprint I think I should know when one of my phones is under performing with all the trouble shooting I've done throughout my years with them.

Ok maybe I should've just said power it off for a few minutes not a battery pull. Same thing almost. You don't need to be sure as I know what devices i have on my account and in what I spend my cash on. Maybe this G2 is defective or the radio modem sucks but I know for a fact the LTE is not performing as well as my other devices. Speed test app shows it as so does Hulu (which does not play at all) and YouTube which skips constantly. Also out of both the links I posted one was about that csfb or whatever its called issue, the other one the user is specifically talking about his speeds as well and no one had an answer. Also another thing I noticed is standing in one spot I can get 1 bar of LTE facing one way and as soon as I start turning another direction it'll jump to 4 in the same spot so maybe it is a radio issue.. 10yrs with Sprint I think I should know when one of my phones is under performing with all the trouble shooting I've done throughout my years with them.

Are you certain it is not just an isolated sector? I have gotten great speeds in the 20-30 DL range and then driven 40 minutes south with the same or better LTE signal strength, signalcheck confirmed, and gotten around 1-2 DL. That is not the phone, surely the network. There is another site nearby my work that drops down to 1-2 DL when the signal strength is worse than -95 on signalcheck for an HTC One, S3, Note 2, and my Evo.

Im having the same issue of hulu not playing over 3g or lte on even the lowest quality. Its likely a issue with hulu and lg

Lol some of you are hilarious. Especially the guy with the crack comment.. Anyways Sprint rep said my G2's radios performance wasnt performing well. From the min I walked in and gave him my phone he noticed my signal was very sporadic. It would jump from no bars to four of LTE while the display G2 was steady at two bars. The new one so far looks like is handling LTE better and hasn't gave me a speed test below 2mbps like the old one would. My hulu still won't work tho, even with the better performance but at least YouTube now plays HD without buffering.

• Like 1

Lol some of you are hilarious. Especially the guy with the crack comment.. Anyways Sprint rep said my G2's radios performance wasnt performing well. From the min I walked in and gave him my phone he noticed my signal was very sporadic. It would jump from no bars to four of LTE while the display G2 was steady at two bars. The new one so far looks like is handling LTE better and hasn't gave me a speed test below 2mbps like the old one would. My hulu still won't work tho, even with the better performance but at least YouTube now plays HD without buffering.

Glad to hear.  I see the Hulu problem posted occasionally.  This must be a G2 bug with the app.

Robert

Camp st would most likely hit off of hanover st. Possibly the mall...unless your getting LTE then most likely hanover st and you will notice slow speeds for data...that tower is still not upgraded what so ever..only tower in meriden not upgraded.

This is true...service has improved but some spots its still a working progress and some working progress's are taking waaaaay to long...but thers 55 more days until spring and im sure once the nice weather gets here service should really improve now that most of the work is done and they can start doing the final phases of the network upgrades.

Cool.  I am trying to find out if anyone gets 800mhz around here with an S3 on 25017.  So far, I cant find anyone.  Other phones with 25017 seem to get on it though.  Interesting.

I get it fine too with a modded PRL.  Its definitely live all over the place.  You cant miss it if you have a device using it, or a PRL calling for it  :tu:

Picked it up fine Wednesday in Wallingford right where RT68 meets the Wilbur Cross, stock S3 with 25017