Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Driving home from farmington today, was trying to check the traffic app...data was so poor that it wouldn't load

I'm hoping this is growing pains

Same here. Kept dropping down to 1xrtt on my Note and my sister was complaining her 3D wouldn't connect to wimax and 3G was dead slow. Hopefully those are signs they're working on our towers. I'm a little tired of waiting for lte lol

Same here. Kept dropping down to 1xrtt on my Note and my sister was complaining her 3D wouldn't connect to wimax and 3G was dead slow. Hopefully those are signs they're working on our towers. I'm a little tired of waiting for lte lol

I have noticed this the last few days on my drive home on I-91. Data speeds are VERY POOR in East Hartford. They get a little better after I get on I-91 and am near Bloomfield.

I wonder if we will ever get a tower near Rentschler field in East Hartford. Their maps claim a good signal, but I struggle to transfer anything when I'm around there.

• Like 1

I finally got tired of the network issues and called customer service. They put in a network ticket for me. There are also other network tickets for the tower in East Hartford that seems to be very slow. I was getting very erratic data, about 800-1400ms pings (yes you read that right!), and speeds were sub 100kbps both ways. Most of I-91 was just as bad this afternoon. This evening I am getting about a 95ms ping and about 600kbps up and down. Maybe they fixed some of the issues, but the CSR told me that the whole area had some issues going on.

• Like 1

It will get better, very soon. A few more months of hell

Today at Bradley Airport I could barely get my phones web browser to load pages that normally fly. Too bad I could see the tower and know there was no one on site doing anything too it, so i couldn't even justify it.

It is frustrating from time to time, but hopefully a few more months, tops.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Ran a speedtest today in Hartford, about 1400mbps/1000mbps. Maybe we will start to see some NV towers working well soon. I'm getting about 700mpbs/700mpbs at my house in Enfield. Today the data speed issues definitely were better, but still some pretty high ping times.

• Like 1

Ran a speedtest today in Hartford, about 1400mbps/1000mbps. Maybe we will start to see some NV towers working well soon. I'm getting about 700mpbs/700mpbs at my house in Enfield. Today the data speed issues definitely were better, but still some pretty high ping times.

1400 mbps?!?!! Holy hell! Are you sure you're in America and not South Korea?

anyone know if the northern CT market is setup for 800mhz?? I know they basically put up only GMO's i think

The full build sites will be installed with 800MHz. The GMO's will not get 800 until they are converted to full builds.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

i remember a month or two ago i was at st francis hospital on rotation and i had ~2000kbps down and 1500up, it was impressive, and had great signal

It's interesting you say that.  I became a Sprint customer because my wife was going through treatment at the cancer center there, and I got Sprint so I could tether and do work while she was getting chemo and medical stuff.  The Wifi at the hospital is severely overloaded for doing serious work over a VPN.  Of course, not long after (this was March 2011), Sprint changed things so that the Hotspot plans were not unlimited 4G.  I got a WiMAX signal as long as we were in a room where I could sit near a window.  The 3G was pretty slow from what I could remember.  Maybe things have improved since then.   I think I was there last in February of this year.  My wife is doing well now and just goes back once in awhile for checkups, so I don't use the hotspot anymore, but it is nice to have the feature if we have a bunch of appointments, so I can get some work done and telecommute and not lose as much time.

• Like 1

Glad to hear everything's well now. Yes I was there there was great speeds and voice.

What sucks is I guess northern Ct won't get 800mhz until the very end of NV...So probably of until the very end of 2014 at the earliest, very disappointing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

What makes you think that? The full build sites will probably go live with 800 at this point, or at least a majority of them that get accepted after July 1. The GMO sites might have to wait, but thinks will get better real fast, and my guess is real soon in this neck of the woods.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

To my knowledge, all northern ct sites are gmo. So a full build is required to see 800mhz or lte. Most of the southern ct sites have been full build outs. I hope I'm misinformed lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

To my knowledge, all northern ct sites are gmo. So a full build is required to see 800mhz or lte. Most of the southern ct sites have been full build outs. I hope I'm misinformed lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

All northern Ct sites to date have been GMO. Full builds are either starting or will start soon. There are no market where the majority of sites are GMO's. Western PA has the most GMO's though.

Some of the accepted I am pretty sure are full build already. The GMO hit fast a few months ago, now things slowed down (in comparison )

Look for full build sites to be confirmed real soon.

Sent from my Galaxy S3