Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I've been feeling like once it's starts to move, it'll move fast. If you've been watching columbus on the sponsor maps, it seems like once acceptances start going, it's moves quite a bit.

I think that a lot of towers in our area are upgraded already, just waiting for acceptance. We don't really have anyone out getting proof of sites being upgraded for in progress status here in the Cincinnati market.

True. I'm still wondering if those sites on the maps that have no updates, are sights that have not been touched or were updated quite a while back. I do see proof of Lte close to those areas on Sensorly, but I personally have not seen them.

And I do agree, I think progress is happening quicker than we realize.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There are tons of sites already upgraded. They just need an integration tech to visit them to "turn them on." Also for samsung markets, because of incompatibilities with the legacy motorola stuff, it's quite necessary to bring up large clusters all at once for 3g. This is the reason that some sites back in the fall that were turned on inside the loop, were and still are only LTE. 

I think there are probably TONS of sites already upgraded. In fact, I'd imagine the majority of sites inside the 275 loop are upgrade. If folks would get out, learn to spot the samsung equipment and take quality pics to report in the in progress thread, then we'd see the truth about how many towers are already waiting for integration.

Some of the purple on sensorly is B41 purple, and if you were a premiere sponsor, you'd be shocked to see all the band 41. Some in this thread would be quite happy at all the B41 just in the Hamilton/Fairfield area alone!

• Like 4

I agree, on the band 41, basing it on a few sppedtest done in downtown back a few months ago, of 40+ mbs those speeds have to be an indication of b41 type frequencies. We eventually could be in for a pleasant surprise once it's said and done. Hoping since Cincinnati was a Clearwire market, they are working on "recycling" those frequencies together with the deployment of lte in the area.

I agree, on the band 41, basing it on a few sppedtest done in downtown back a few months ago, of 40+ mbs those speeds have to be an indication of b41 type frequencies. We eventually could be in for a pleasant surprise once it's said and done. Hoping since Cincinnati was a Clearwire market, they are working on "recycling" those frequencies together with the deployment of lte in the area.

They've been "recycling" that frequency for well over a year. 

• Like 1

I mapped some 4G yesterday running my son around to lifting and baseball practice. It is nice to see some purple in my neighborhood finally. When a tower is fired up what testing and tweaking is done? Is there any chance the signal strength/ reach will increase?

I was out on kemper earlier and could not get a data connection to save my life. Got a halfway decent 1x800 signal from 9655 cincinnati dayton rd, but couldnt get any data at all. Not too familiar with that area so i thought id throw it out there

I mapped some 4G yesterday running my son around to lifting and baseball practice. It is nice to see some purple in my neighborhood finally. When a tower is fired up what testing and tweaking is done? Is there any chance the signal strength/ reach will increase?

Usually during the first 30-45 days of a tower going NV live it is tweaked. From experience, the speed is usually capped to 15mbs the first few days but will eventually go to 30 a few days later.

As far as your signal increasing, it may be tweaked but not a night & day difference from what you are getting now.

Thanks for laying some purple!!

Houston at Hamilton next to BP 4y2u6e7a.jpga9u2apa8.jpgedepyqaz.jpg

Not sure if I can get any better pics from my phone. Looks like Samsung equipment.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does 1X800 usually come and go at first also? I am on that tower and only seeing 1xrtt.

What PRL are you on? The current stock PRL scans for 1900 before 800, so you won't get 800 until 1900 is unavailable.

I am on 25018.

Yup, that's the most current one that scans for 1900 before 800.

If you flash 25017, it will scan for 800 before 1900.

In short, with the PRL you are using, 800 will only be a backup for when 1900 is unavailable. So 800 could very well be live currently, but you won't get it unless your phone can't find 1900.

Makes sense. Will be looking into this today! I have gotten 800 from double and triple the distance I am from this tower. Things are definitely looking up for Sprint around here. When lte on 800 is fired up will it have a similar footprint as voice on 800?

From what others have mentioned in other threads, LTE 800 doesn't appear to have much better range than 1900, just better penetration.

For example, I have good LTE 1900 coverage all around my house, but I can't pick it up except a few sweet spots indoors. LTE 800 should give me indoor coverage once it's available on my local tower(s), and I upgrade to a phone that can pick it up.

• Like 1

I am assuming all these issues are common in a market that has not been officially launched by Sprint? This is the only assumption that's keeping me holding tight, lol.  Would give anything to have lte even if it were at slow speeds, in areas were I normally spend most of my time. 

For those around the Factory Dr. tower, it has been bad today. I have been back to 3G off and on all afternoon.

Me too! Slow speeds when connected as well. Even sitting under the tower an hour ago I was only getting speeds of 3-4mbps.

Me too! Slow speeds when connected as well. Even sitting under the tower an hour ago I was only getting speeds of 3-4mbps.

There are endless reasons why your speeds may be slow. I was down by the tower earlier today and it was just fine.

The server you're testing from may be overloaded. The route the data takes over the internet may have a router in it's path that is slow. Your phone may not quite be up to it. And a vast number of other reasons. The internet is just not that siimple, that a speed test is going to determine that a tower has some sort of problems.

The tower could also be very heavily burdened atm with all the new people in Fairfield just recently realizing they have LTE and doing endless speedtests.  ;)

To be clear, the tower isn't meant to serve people sitting right under it. Antennas have radiation patterns, and those patterns are designed so that they spread out in a way that makes sense for the people who need to use that tower. Also, having a signal that is too strong (even though I can't guarantee this) is likely not the best when the system is designed for a certain median signal. 

• Like 3

For those around the Factory Dr. tower, it has been bad today. I have been back to 3G off and on all afternoon.

Not me. I've had LTE all day. Slower than yesterday but nothing I would call bad.

post-24072-0-13484000-1398979691_thumb.jpg