Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

What PRL are you using? The latest stock PRL will only switch to 800 if no 1900 is available. Since this was around midnight, your local tower(s) may have been down, hopefully to be NV upgraded!!

51100 is the PRL the device is showing. Whats interesting is that I was on the phone, so I'm not quite sure how long it had been this way. When I noticed, it changed a few minutes after taking the screen shot. I was also thinking the same about the site I normally connect to, being down. I know for the past two hours I've been loosing data connection off and on.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

51100 is the PRL the device is showing. Whats interesting is that I was on the phone, so I'm not quite sure how long it had been this way. When I noticed, it changed a few minutes after taking the screen shot. I was also thinking the same about the site I normally connect to, being down. I know for the past two hours I've been loosing data connection off and on.

that's what happened around here about 8 hours before the towers went live. I roamed off of vzw and cricket.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

That was incorrect. I used "MSL Utility". Not sure where I got it. I still have the apk "SPCUtility.apk"

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I'm connecting to 1X 800 here in Florence now, right off of Turfway. Hoping they are working on the Turfway site, and that's why I'm seeing the 1X 800 coming from a tower further away. .... hoping hoping lol :-)uploadfromtaptalk1398180850868.jpg

• Like 2

well... good question, just 800 mhz lte then. sorry my bad. The icon on the LG G2 was the spark symbol.

Lol, yeah these new phones have that symbol now, my S5 does to, quite the way to get one all excited lol. If I'm not mistaken band 26 is the lte on 800mhz. But dang I like what you are seeing. Do you use Sensorly to track this? I drove through Newport yesterday but didnt pick up any lte I will say the signals were on crack though. Quite erratic.

Ok how much "better" is 800 voice? I get terrible reception on my home tower almost all the time. Today I was on the other side of town and looked at signal check and see I was on 800 with a strong connection. Looked on the lte discovery map only to see it showing a tower 29 miles away! Is 800 reall that much better? If so how to I force 800 first and 1900 only when no 800 is found? Also on my drive down rt4 while streaming Pandora I kicked over to lte from 3G but on my way back no such luck. I have read that it will drop down during an active data connection but not back up. Is that only the tri band phones or all phones? This is not the first time it has done this. And then the majority of the time I have to toggle airplane mode to get the lte to lock on.

Ok how much "better" is 800 voice? I get terrible reception on my home tower almost all the time. Today I was on the other side of town and looked at signal check and see I was on 800 with a strong connection. Looked on the lte discovery map only to see it showing a tower 29 miles away! Is 800 reall that much better? If so how to I force 800 first and 1900 only when no 800 is found?

Not sure how much better, I do know that it being a lower frequency it travels much farther than 1900. I would suspect it would be better, but I really havent had the chance to try it out.

Not sure how much better, I do know that it being a lower frequency it travels much farther than 1900. I would suspect it would be better, but I really havent had the chance to try it out.

Sorry by better I was referring to the distance and signal strength.

Sorry by better I was referring to the distance and signal strength.

I'd say definitely, especially if you are connecting to a tower 29 miles away. I connected to one off of 471, here in the Mainstrasse area last night, first time ever.

I'd say definitely, especially if you are connecting to a tower 29 miles away. I connected to one off of 471, here in the Mainstrasse area last night, first time ever.

Yeah I was connected to a tower off 129 and 75 area, I was over past tricounty mall.

Yeah I was connected to a tower off 129 and 75 area, I was over past tricounty mall.

I'm ready to connect to some full lte, I only get seconds of it several times during the evening here.

Settings of the mifi showing Band 26? Not trying to doubt, just want proof. That would be most likely be great news for the rest of Ohio!

It's very easy to get a screenshot from your MiFi. You can also even switch priority of LTE bands

ehe9a6yv.jpgnyryhu7y.jpg

Settings of the mifi showing Band 26?  Not trying to doubt, just want proof.  That would be most likely be great news for the rest of Ohio!

It's very easy to get a screenshot from your MiFi. You can also even switch priority of LTE bands
ehe9a6yv.jpgnyryhu7y.jpg

From Debug so that's 2500 Mhz? I am unable to adjust the bands like I could on the LG G2.  So not 800 then, sorry about the miss information.

LTE
Connection State: Connected
Band:
[0] type:LTE band:E_UTRA_OPERATING_BAND_41 channel:39826
RSRP: 0 dBm
RSRQ: 0 dB
RS-SINR: -18.4 dB
Tx Power: 10.7 dBm
APN: r.i5.ispsn
IPv4 Address: 0.0.0.0
IPv6 Address: N/A
IPv4 Call Last Error Code:
IPv6 Call Last Error Code: WDS_CER_UNSPECIFIED_V01
Refresh

• Like 2

From Debug so that's 2500 Mhz? I am unable to adjust the bands like I could on the LG G2. So not 800 then, sorry about the miss information.

LTE

Band:

Refresh

That is correct. You are seeing/using B41.

• Like 1

From Debug so that's 2500 Mhz? I am unable to adjust the bands like I could on the LG G2.  So not 800 then, sorry about the miss information.

LTE

Band:

Refresh

That's too bad, I was rooting for you!

• Like 1

Definitely progress is happening in the area, which is great to see. I know something must be going on for the past hour my 3G has been in and out and all around. Keeping my fingers crossed.

i drove down beevhmont ave earlier and my signal check was chirping LTE on and off almost constantly. my phone went off again just a minute ago, and now the tower in mount washington, 6141 campus i think, seems to be "off" i am jumping on and off 3647 hopper hill and 434 hilltop. i know they have already installled new equiptment at the tother beechmont tower, 7978 beechmont, which is still closer than either of the two i am pulling from tonight.... cluster soon?

• Like 2

i drove down beevhmont ave earlier and my signal check was chirping LTE on and off almost constantly. my phone went off again just a minute ago, and now the tower in mount washington, 6141 campus i think, seems to be "off" i am jumping on and off 3647 hopper hill and 434 hilltop. i know they have already installled new equiptment at the tother beechmont tower, 7978 beechmont, which is still closer than either of the two i am pulling from tonight.... cluster soon?

I've been getting a lot of chirping but no actual connections here in Northern Kentucky

My phone will sit on my table at Home and chirp randomly. When I forced LTE I used to get a faint signal.I just went to force it now to see if there were any changes but I have a problem. I recently received the KitKat update on my g2 and they changed the hidden menu on me and I don't know how to force LTE, if anyone can shout out how, I'd appreciate it, if not, I'll dig into it later and get back after I have an update on LTE status.