Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

My phone will sit on my table at Home and chirp randomly. When I forced LTE I used to get a faint signal.I just went to force it now to see if there were any changes but I have a problem. I recently received the KitKat update on my g2 and they changed the hidden menu on me and I don't know how to force LTE, if anyone can shout out how, I'd appreciate it, if not, I'll dig into it later and get back after I have an update on LTE status.

LTE-Only mode isn't happening with the latest KitKat update. Sorry!

LTE-Only mode isn't happening with the latest KitKat update. Sorry!

Dang that's unfortunate. Through root maybe? Or no? I guess if rooted I could flash back to a jelly bean ROM and force it that way?? Hmm.....

Dang that's unfortunate. Through root maybe? Or no? I guess if rooted I could flash back to a jelly bean ROM and force it that way?? Hmm.....

You could acquire root and flash back to stock ZVA even rooted stock. Then disable the nag screen about upgrading to ZVC. I've flashed to liquid smooth so I can't see if this exists but can you change or force modes with ##data#?

Edit

Never mind. You need data centric control. Have to flash back.

You can get the tot for zva and flash that way... Or wait for custom kit kat roms....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I am getting 4G inside my home for the first time. Appears to have kicked in at 7am and I have not lost it. I am less than a mile from Bridgewater tower but hitting the Factory Dr.,Fairfield tower. Still no 800 though. Weak signal as well.

post-9230-0-99621100-1398525161_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I am getting 4G inside my home for the first time. Appears to have kicked in at 7am and I have not lost it. I am less than a mile from Bridgewater tower but hitting the Factory Dr.,Fairfield tower. Still no 800 though. Weak signal as well.

I was over at Bridgewater yesterday and the tower there was producing 1x 800.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

Just drove up to check. Bridgewater is going lte. These screenshots were taken sitting on the exit ramp.

attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1398528258980.jpg

attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1398528274058.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Love how the 1x 800 signal is so good that signal check is like wtf up in the status bar.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity how does the lte antenna in the s3 rate? I was getting lte in places I don't usually get it today but not sure which tower it was from. Are there any apps that can tell which data tower you are connected to?

Two screenshots sitting next to the tower @ Hamilton Mason and Lesourdsville West Chester.

I feel like maybe these weren't the only towers launched with this cluster... maybe the tower down on rt 4 in Fairfield or the one on Seward rd down near rt 4. I probably won't get down there to check today though.

uploadfromtaptalk1398613841625.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398613859097.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I parked under the factory drive tower this morning and maxed out with lte signal around -79 and rxx in the 50's. Is it possible that I was picking up lte from Bridgewater or Hamilton? I am hoping that is the case. I have gotten lte in the factory drive tower area in the past that was most likely from Hamilton but it wasn't nearly the strength as today. My speed maxed out at 9.5 down while under the tower too. Lte is certainly picking up around here and I am excited, I just really hope that the Factory drive tower is not on because yesterday I had lte around my house and at water works park but when I walked inside I dropped to 3g. I really hope I am not still on the stupid bubble with lte the way I have always been for voice. But I am waiting iit out till the end of this year to see what devices that brings as i believe I am less than half a mile from a clear tower so in the long run may not even need the 1900 lte any way.

Tower I'm interested in is by John Gray and 127

I thought that tower was live some time ago? I picked up lte right near that tower often. Where else could it have been? Also on rt 4 near Boymel for a year it clicked on to lte for me. It has only been the last several weeks I have gotten any love on the other side of Fairfield.

I thought that tower was live some time ago? I picked up lte right near that tower often. Where else could it have been? Also on rt 4 near Boymel for a year it clicked on to lte for me. It has only been the last several weeks I have gotten any love on the other side of Fairfield.

I was right next to that tower when they where putting up antennas a month ago. So it hasn't been live for months. It does have clear on that tower though. But 2 weeks ago it wasn't live with NV.

I parked under the factory drive tower this morning and maxed out with lte signal around -79 and rxx in the 50's. Is it possible that I was picking up lte from Bridgewater or Hamilton? I am hoping that is the case. I have gotten lte in the factory drive tower area in the past that was most likely from Hamilton but it wasn't nearly the strength as today. My speed maxed out at 9.5 down while under the tower too. Lte is certainly picking up around here and I am excited, I just really hope that the Factory drive tower is not on because yesterday I had lte around my house and at water works park but when I walked inside I dropped to 3g. I really hope I am not still on the stupid bubble with lte the way I have always been for voice. But I am waiting iit out till the end of this year to see what devices that brings as i believe I am less than half a mile from a clear tower so in the long run may not even need the 1900 lte any way.

I think it has to be the Factory Dr tower. When I drove away from that tower to a different area of Fairfield I dropped back to 3G. Now I'm back home and LTE again. It's not Hamilton/Bridgewater.

I can confirm it cant be Bridgewater because I can almost see it from my house. I was by Glen Trace today and it was at stronger than it is at my place. 9.10 down/5.58 up with a ping of 48, compared to 8.65 up/6.36 down with a ping of 60 at home in Fairfield twp.

Still no 800 there either.

I will also say that when whatever tower was turned up at 7am Friday, I have an Airave in my home that only gave me 2mb. The new tower over road the Airave so I have had it unplugged since then. I have stayed on Factory for voice since then as well. Prior to this I would bounce between Factory, Seward, Princeton, Bridgewater, and Imagination Blvd by Streets of West Chester. So that tells me at least that something has happened at Factory. I have got 4G at the corner of 747 and Ham-Mason for at least a month as well so it could actually be Factory and Princeton. 

I'm hoping you guys are using Sensorly to map the hell out of any LTE signals you find. It's a LOT easier to tell where the LTE signal is coming from once you see the purple on the map, since I see you are guessing where some of the LTE is coming from.

At some point, especially if we can get a few Premier or Sponsor volunteers, the Columbus people would like to help the Cincy people out by creating a Map/Spreadsheet for your market to track LTE. If you're a Sponsor, PLEASE take a look at this thread to see what we've accomplished and what could be in your future: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

• Like 2