Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

What PRL are you on? The current stock PRL scans for 1900 before 800, so you won't get 800 until 1900 is unavailable.

I am on 25018.

On my Galaxy S5 the PRL version is 51100. When I update the PRL it still stays at 51100. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help!

On my Galaxy S5 the PRL version is 51100. When I update the PRL it still stays at 51100. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help!

My S5 is on the same PRL 51100, I'm wondering if thats device related, now that you mentioned the PRL being the same as mine

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some food for thought/testing....I snooped around the phone via ##3282# and found what looks like a LTE scan time field. It looks like you can decrease the time it takes the phone to search for LTE:

1.) Dialer app

2.) ##3282#

3.) edit

4.) enter MSL number (you get this from sprint) (just say you are running diagnostics)

5.) BSR

6.) Timer Menu

7.) nextLTEScan timer

8.) Mine was set to 5 (minutes?)

9.) Change to lower minute value for quicker scan.

10.) Restart the phone.

Can anyone confirm if this in fact helps? I may change mine to 2-3 minutes when more towers light up in my area and/or if I travel.

• Like 1

Thanks for any help!

That is the current PRL for your device. It will scan for 1900 before 800.

Some food for thought/testing....I snooped around the phone via ##3282# and found what looks like a LTE scan time field. It looks like you can decrease the time it takes the phone to search for LTE:

1.) Dialer app

2.) ##3282#

3.) edit

4.) enter MSL number (you get this from sprint) (just say you are running diagnostics)

5.) BSR

6.) Timer Menu

7.) nextLTEScan timer

8.) Mine was set to 5 (minutes?)

9.) Change to lower minute value for quicker scan.

10.) Restart the phone.

Can anyone confirm if this in fact helps? I may change mine to 2-3 minutes when more towers light up in my area and/or if I travel.

I have my device set to 3. Every 3 minutes that you are not connected to LTE AND you don't have an active data session (IE: streaming music or downloading something), it will pause/disconnect your data connection to search for LTE. This does use more power, as every few minutes it is essentially relogging you into all of your services.

• Like 1

For my last Sensorly mapping trip in LTE only mode, I also set my timer to 1. Then I change it back when I'm done.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For my last Sensorly mapping trip in LTE only mode, I also set my timer to 1. Then I change it back when I'm done.

That's a good idea but doesn't always work. Sensorly is constantly uploading data, which is almost always a constant data session. Your best bet is using SCP's alert for loosing LTE, then either using the reset data connection button or putting your phone into airplane mode and out when you hear the alert. This will force it to scan.

Another option would be the LTE Discovery app.

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I've been following this thread for a long time and have received some amazing information from it. Just wanted to let everyone know that I work up in Blue Ash and am sitting at my desk using my Nexus 5 and getting a decent LTE signal. The best part about this is I'm not in LTE Only mode and can make and receive calls with LTE disconnecting and reconnecting as it should. It looks like they've turned on CSFB at the Tamarco Dr. tower which is the tower I usually connect to. I also ran a speed test at the intersection of Cornell and Kemper in Blue Ash and pulled 25 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up.

• Like 4

Can anyone tell me about the tower at 6141 campus ln? It seems that it would be on top of the water tower at that location but I cannot see any antennas on top, was that tower moved to the other tower they built in mt Washington a few years back and the address not updated? Or am I just blind? Which is entirely possible

I'm on west side of Hamilton with my tri band phone connecting to band 41. Still able to receive phone calls and text also.yte3a2en.jpg And no I'm not forcing it either.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I'm on west side of Hamilton with my tri band phone connecting to band 41. Still able to receive phone calls and text also.yte3a2en.jpg And no I'm not forcing it either.

I know SCP is saying B41 but I'm not sure I trust that. The GCI & PCIs don't match the B41 pattern for the Cincy market. Can you check your debug/engineering screen? You may need to send a bug report to mikejeep if I'm right.

I know SCP is saying B41 but I'm not sure I trust that. The GCI & PCIs don't match the B41 pattern for the Cincy market. Can you check your debug/engineering screen? You may need to send a bug report to mikejeep if I'm right.

I actually did a speed test and that seems to support your theory as well. The upload and download channels are not right also after further looking. I was driving so I couldn't get in the engineering screen, but I do agree that it was a bug and I really was not connected to B41.

• Like 1

I actually did a speed test and that seems to support your theory as well. The upload and download channels are not right also after further looking. I was driving so I couldn't get in the engineering screen, but I do agree that it was a bug and I really was not connected to B41.

Still good news that you got LTE without forcing it.

Still good news that you got LTE without forcing it.

Never had a problem connecting to lte in Hamilton after they launched.

Never had a problem connecting to lte in Hamilton after they launched.

Same here. West and East side of Hamilton including Lindenwald have been good for me so far.

I was driving through Elmwood Place on Monday and picked up LTE (likely B25) on my tri-band S4 mini.  I even made a test call, [e]CSFB seemed to be working good.  LTE cut out to dial and talk (as it's supposed to), but after I ended the call my phone went right back to LTE.  Most places I go (home, work, Kroger, etc.) I can only get LTE if I am in LTE only mode.  It may not really be news to anyone, but it was nice to have LTE working properly with stock settings.

• Like 3

I was driving through Elmwood Place on Monday and picked up LTE (likely B25) on my tri-band S4 mini. I even made a test call, [e]CSFB seemed to be working good. LTE cut out to dial and talk (as it's supposed to), but after I ended the call my phone went right back to LTE. Most places I go (home, work, Kroger, etc.) I can only get LTE if I am in LTE only mode. It may not really be news to anyone, but it was nice to have LTE working properly with stock settings.

That's been up for awhile

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk