Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

4G LTE Advance Cooming Soon vs Other Company

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Is that supposed to resolve my problems at home?

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

IIRC, Robert stated earlier in another thread where another person asked about SMR 800 in PR. PR/VI will not get SMR 800 at all at this moment. Another entity holds the spectrum there and is not to keen on giving it up so easily.

or i could be confusing it with something else but point still stands, no SMR 800 in PR any time soon.

• Like 1

So, that part between Palmas del Mar and Yabucoa via 53 highway is complete. I think that was the only part was missing LTE.

Yes!! Looks like it is. Someone please map this area on HWY 53 and going into Palmas Del Mar. I would do this but cannot with my iPhone 5.

There are a few sites in the metro area without LTE as well. I'm waiting on the UPR-Bayamon site.

Yeah, I wonder what the holdup could be, as 3G has been complete for a while, and most of the sites around it have LTE already. Could be backhaul related, as 3G speeds where stellar when they activated the 3G update, but have dropped a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Whats the difference between LTE and LTE Advanced?.... I read something like that and got the doubt...

Whats the difference between LTE and LTE Advanced?.... I read something like that and got the doubt...

LTE Advance is next-generation technology, the evolution of LTE tech.

It's more about the carriers using there spectrum more efficiently. Phone calls over ip, combination of frequencies to move data. I don't think it's different equipment but it's pointless deploying it till all towers are LTE. The whole move to LTE is mostly about what the carriers need and not what customers want. We want higher speeds but current technology could have given us that if sprint had not held off so long in upgrading backhaul.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

How bout those rural zones like where i live cuz wiith the NV improvement im still confined to the airave at home and it is working very very poorly.... Mostly 1xRtt -_-:mellow::(

I could be mistaken, but if your phone is on a 1x connection it may simply not be connecting to the Airave at all (could be because it's configured wrong, out of range, etc). Are you getting three tones when you dial a call? The Airave basically acts add a bridge to your broadband and pipes calls thru it, I've had mine for a few years and 3G data thru it is simply the same as if you were on your home Wifi (because it's essentially the same thing), it's always gonna be just as fast or as slow.

It's kinda pointless for data really, unless you don't have wifi for some reason, it's really aimed at improving voice coverage.

It's been working almost flawlessly for me for quite a while, the only hiccups are due to my my crappy DSL (so ready to switch to cable...) and one odd bug with SMS timestamps that I've never been able to figure out... I receive messages stamped one hour behind actual time (even when the US isn't on DST), I'm just using an app to fix the timestamps automatically when I'm at home (the app just sets it by the phone's clock).

Edited by Impulse

LTE Advance is next-generation technology, the evolution of LTE tech.

It's more about the carriers using there spectrum more efficiently. Phone calls over ip, combination of frequencies to move data. I don't think it's different equipment but it's pointless deploying it till all towers are LTE. The whole move to LTE is mostly about what the carriers need and not what customers want. We want higher speeds but current technology could have given us that if sprint had not held off so long in upgrading backhaul.

Thankz to both of u!!!

I could be mistaken, but if your phone is on a 1x connection it may simply not be connecting to the Airave at all (could be because it's configured wrong, out of range, etc). Are you getting three tones when you dial a call? The Airave basically acts add a bridge to your broadband and pipes calls thru it, I've had mine for a few years and 3G data thru it is simply the same as if you were on your home Wifi (because it's essentially the same thing), it's always gonna be just as fast or as slow.

It's kinda pointless for data really, unless you don't have wifi for some reason, it's really aimed at improving voice coverage.

It's been working almost flawlessly for me for quite a while, the only hiccups are due to my my crappy DSL (so ready to switch to cable...) and one odd bug with SMS timestamps that I've never been able to figure out... I receive messages stamped one hour behind actual time (even when the US isn't on DST), I'm just using an app to fix the timestamps automatically when I'm at home (the app just sets it by the phone's clock).

I do get the 3 tones when connecting to a call and didn't knew it worked that way..... I'm disappointed now cuz i thought it picked up the networks signal and amplified it-_-:(:mellow::huh:

There are only two sites left in the PR/VI market without any NV upgrades accepted. Both are in Urban San Juan. This market is being wrapped up. And the number of LTE sites left is dwindling steadily. I'm so happy for you all in Puerto Rico.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 8

There are only two sites left in the PR/VI market without any NV upgrades accepted. Both are in Urban San Juan. This market is being wrapped up. And the number of LTE sites left is dwindling steadily. I'm so happy for you all in Puerto Rico.

This is not what I'm seeing on the sponsors map.

This is not what I'm seeing on the sponsors map.

And which sites do you see in the market that have nothing accepted on them at all? I only see two. And I have the luxury of sorting my database, and only two come up.

• Like 1

And which sites do you see in the market that have nothing accepted on them at all? I only see two. And I have the luxury of sorting my database, and only two come up.

Ahh. I was talking about having 4g enabled.

Ahh. I was talking about having 4g enabled.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Robert