Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I think its a possibility for Verizon to come back. Open mobiles technology would play well with theirs & All major US carriers are here. VZW left the island in order to dump "La Telefonica"(The Puerto Rico Telephone Company which is worthless to many) to Claro/America Movil in 2007.

Heres a brief history on how the VZW/Claro deal went down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claro_Puerto_Rico

Regarding a bit of NV and the rollout, I can confirm the last site in Fajardo(the one nearest to Ceiba) is broadcasting LTE. Fajardo is now 100% LTE complete according to network.sprint.com

Pretty sure all the wireless companies are at an impasse with the owners of Plaza, there's nothing they can do to fix it until one side blinks or they reach a compromise... It's been this way for a while. People should honestly start complaining and hoping the Fonalledas take notice, it's kinda ridiculous (not to mention unsafe).

Edited by Impulse

Pretty sure all the wireless companies are at an impasse with the owners of Plaza, there's nothing they can do to fix it until one side blinks or they reach a compromise... It's been this way for a while. People should honestly start complaining and hoping the Fonalledas take notice, it's kinda ridiculous (not to mention unsafe).

I hate plaza. This family will never feel it made enough money.

• Like 1

No news on the VI? I thought LTE was supposed to be here by around Feb 2013, or do that only account for NV?

They have upgraded all the equipment at USVI sites. Just waiting on backhaul to fire 'em up.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Does anybody know if this network crews work on Sundays here in Puerto Rico??

Highly doubt it. But it could be possible under certain circumstances.

The network.sprint.com page gets updated on business days only. Since Semana Santa starts tomorrow The crews would be working until Thursday IF they do work at all during the week. Depends on Ericsson's calendar.

I ask because a girlfriend that lives in Rio grande just told me she has been roaming since yesterday and she usually gets 3bars inside her house. But since yesterday she has been on roaming if she turns off roaming the phone says no service.

Wait, I thought it only goes up to 37.5!

The speed tests aren't perfect, that's just a testing anomaly. Happens a lot more with upload too. If you run it a few times you get something more accurate.

Robert, do you know if the back haul for St.Croix vi is available and just need to be hooked up or is sprint waiting for it to becomr available. Thanks.

All I know is they are waiting on backhaul. I do not know more details than that. Sorry. If I hear something, I'll pass it on.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Apparently they are working near Ave. Pinero because my signal is jumping from NID 1 to NID 200.

There's a site on top of what was El Amal. I might go there and see if there are people on top of that building.

Reporting sprint's first LTE outage in Fajardo's Isleta marina site. No LTE and very slow 3G. This site was officially completed 2 weeks ago.

A lot of people in the area for Easter so that may explain the slow down.

2 sites to go for 3G Complete 100% built-out in PR/VI!!! Old San Juan's site and the one on top of El Amal's in Ave. Piñero. They'll probably have those running by next week. Then the countdown its on for LTE goodness sweeping the PR/VI market!!

• Like 3

2 sites to go for 3G Complete 100% built-out in PR/VI!!! Old San Juan's site and the one on top of El Amal's in Ave. Piñero. They'll probably have those running by next week. Then the countdown its on for LTE goodness sweeping the PR/VI market!!

Where do you see that there is only one site for Old San Juan left? Network.sprint.com does not shows the two old San Juan sites as completed. And the 3G speeds for those are horrible since I work at OSJ although I have been getting very random LTE sightings but they don't last more than two minutes