Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

First, 39Mbps is pretty much impossible. Due to the setup of Sprint's LTE network, the theoretical max speed is 37.5Mbps.

There are many reasons you could be seeing the differences in speeds. Different locations, different signal strengths, different speed test servers, network errors....

In order to determine that you are in fact only seeing those speeds on the iPhone, you need to be in the same place, with similar signal strengths, and connected to the same speed test server

I have been in the same places, and its not impossible a lot of members here have gotten similar speeds.

• Like 1

First, 39Mbps is pretty much impossible. Due to the setup of Sprint's LTE network, the theoretical max speed is 37.5Mbps.

There are many reasons you could be seeing the differences in speeds. Different locations, different signal strengths, different speed test servers, network errors....

In order to determine that you are in fact only seeing those speeds on the iPhone, you need to be in the same place, with similar signal strengths, and connected to the same speed test server

And besides I have been following the LTE network here since day 1 and never we're my speeds so low until I started using the iPhone 5. Last week I was standing with a friend and she got 27mb and I didn't get past 5. That's why I am asking what speeds are people with iPhone 5 are getting.

Can you guys and gal's please tell me what speeds are you getting with your iPhone 5's in PR? I want to see if I have a deffective unit. With my Android i got speeds up to 39MB and with my iPhone the most I have gotten is 5mb. Please let me know.

post-4480-13631617781369_thumb.jpg

And besides I have been following the LTE network here since day 1 and never we're my speeds so low until I started using the iPhone 5. Last week I was standing with a friend and she got 27mb and I didn't get past 5. That's why I am asking what speeds are people with iPhone 5 are getting.

Try this

Update the data profile

From the home screen, tap Phone.

On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap Call.

Tap OK.

Your device searches for profile updates and installs them.

Tap OK.

After it completes, your device returns to the keypad.

Tap the Home key.

You've now updated the data profile.

When in doubt, hard reset!!! Also, check to see what servers you are connected too. I am currently in St. Thomas and for some reason my gnex wants to say that my closest server is in Kansas, but my evo gives me a more accurate server selection from St.Thomas and Puerto Rico.

Any data speed over 37.5Mbps is suspect. I've had a few myself hit 40-41Mbps. But these are inaccurate. When it happens, it's only one out of several are over the max. But when that happens, it is likely an error at the speed test server or the speed test software. Speed tests are not as precise as we'd like to think they are.

A speed test measures approximately how much data per second can go from Point A (your device) and Point B (the speed test server). The LTE airlink portion maxes out at 37.5Mbps for a 5x5 LTE carrier with 2x2 MIMO. So that portion of the travel of data to and from the server cannot get any faster.

Also, understand that the 37.5Mbps LTE air link between your device and the tower is shared with every Sprint LTE customer in your sector. So in order to get the 37.5Mbps, you pretty much have to have the air link all to yourself at that given moment. And the backhaul had to unburdened and functioning to at least 37.5Mbps to the LTE core in Bayamon. And both your LTE antennas must have a full signal and low signal noise. This is a pretty tall order, and not achievable in most real world conditions.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got a Note II and Iphone 5 in Las Piedras. When LTE was up, I was getting 20 -29 Mbps, now I got from 3 to 19 Mbps, 9 to 15 Megs mostly. You need to remember LTE ispeed is signal dependable.

Definitely. Walk into another room and the signal changes. So does the LTE performance.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Well yesterday my closest tower got updated to eHRPD. I had 4G before but I still was having dropped calls, delays in sending/recieving text messages etc.

I have to say with three bars a week ago a call was impossible, today I got a long distance phone call from my dad and had 1 bar the whole time and the call was crystal clear! Text messages now send pretty much instantly and 0 dropped calls. The speeds are now reaching 2mbps on 3g and it is working great in low signal conditions! Getting 4g was great but now that the kinks have been resolved it is perfect!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Does anyone know why the upload is so high? :blink:

Speed test error.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went to Fajardo today and connected to LTE from the Isleta Marina site and the one at El Conquistador hotel.

Fajardo coverage should be getting decent now with 3 sites, and the nearby one in Loquillo.

• Like 1

Fajardo coverage should be getting decent now with 3 sites, and the nearby one in Loquillo.

Yup, theres 2 towers left in fajardo without live LTE , 1 near el pueblo and another near ceiba. The tx power on the luquillo site won't be strong enough to get close to fajardo since there a lot of mountains and slopes on the way there.

Im waiting for more sites to be upgraded to LTE. Hoping for the UPR bayamon site to get LTE soon. My phone keeps getting LTE from a distant site and that makes it switch from 3G to LTE nonstop.

Im waiting for more sites to be upgraded to LTE. Hoping for the UPR bayamon site to get LTE soon. My phone keeps getting LTE from a distant site and that makes it switch from 3G to LTE nonstop.

I feel sorry for your battery life....