Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Inside Plaza? Hah, you're lucky if you get any kinda signal at all in there... And it's not just Sprint either. Take that complaint up with the Fonalledas! I wouldn't expect any kind of improvement at all in there tbh.

Edited by Impulse

well inside the mayaguez mallyou can get from 9 to 12 megs at the aguadilla mall about 15meg....lets wait and see they yshould use picocells there no?

the thing is that it makes waaay too much sense, and thus it's not what they'll do...

also, I had read somewhere (don't know how much of it is true!), that Plaza's owners/management (Fonalledas family & company) in exchange for allowing telco's placing picocells inside the mall, wanted a cut (huge cut, actually, almost 50% if I recall correctly) of the cell companies revenues from calls placed from within the mall

• Like 1

the thing is that it makes waaay too much sense, and thus it's not what they'll do...

also, I had read somewhere (don't know how much of it is true!), that Plaza's owners/management (Fonalledas family & company) in exchange for allowing telco's placing picocells inside the mall, wanted a cut (huge cut, actually, almost 50% if I recall correctly) of the cell companies revenues from calls placed from within the mall

That information is correct. That is why AT&T has the same problem in PLA

I actually got LTE in Plaza las Americas on the foodcourt and on the 7th floor of the tower, a couple of weeks ago. It was from a distant site tough because I had full bars and I was only getting 1 to 2 mbps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

the bars only show voice strength (1x), not data

Read what I wrote again. I had full bars and was only getting 1 to 2 mbps on LTE. If you have full bars and you are only getting 1 to 2mbps there is no way the voice and data are coming from the same tower, unless they are having backhaul problems.

Read what I wrote again. I had full bars and was only getting 1 to 2 mbps on LTE. If you have full bars and you are only getting 1 to 2mbps there is no way the voice and data are coming from the same tower, unless they are having backhaul problems.

sorry, that was my bad, completely misunderstood what you wrote.

I've seen some LTE pockets in Roosevelt Ave., probably the same one you saw

Sprints NV progress has slowed a bit. They need to fill the gap between Guaynabo and San Juan. No upgrades yet, still horrible voice and data services.

The good news is that most of the area has at least NV 3g. There are a few completed LTE sites that haven't been turned on yet like the Rio Hondo and Palma's Station sites in Bayamon.

Sprints NV progress has slowed a bit. They need to fill the gap between Guaynabo and San Juan. No upgrades yet, still horrible voice and data services.

The good news is that most of the area has at least NV 3g. There are a few completed LTE sites that haven't been turned on yet like the Rio Hondo and Palma's Station sites in Bayamon.

More sites accepted this past week in PR/VI (mostly in the Metro) than the past few weeks actually.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

More sites accepted this past week in PR/VI (mostly in the Metro) than the past few weeks actually.

Sounds great, Robert. As always, thanks for the update.

How's the NV rollout looking over in your neck of the woods in NM?

Sounds great, Robert. As always, thanks for the update.

How's the NV rollout looking over in your neck of the woods in NM?

Just GMO sites so far confirmed. I'm 90% certain that I saw the first full build site. But it's three hours away from me. Won't be going there any time soon to double check. :(

Can't even get a tenth of that with my DSL at home right now, heh... Think I'm gonna seriously start looking at cable this week.

I've finally moved the Airave back in the chain so I can disconnect it without breaking the connection between router and modem, gonna start shutting it down and doing some LTE tests even if signal strength's terrible for now... Even with a borderline signal it's been good for 2-3Mb outside, just not sure how well it's propagating inside past walls etc.

Can't even get a tenth of that with my DSL at home right now, heh... Think I'm gonna seriously start looking at cable this week.

I've finally moved the Airave back in the chain so I can disconnect it without breaking the connection between router and modem, gonna start shutting it down and doing some LTE tests even if signal strength's terrible for now... Even with a borderline signal it's been good for 2-3Mb outside, just not sure how well it's propagating inside past walls etc.

Does the airave transmits LTE???...

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Relax in my House Villa Carolina

Sent from my SPH-L900

I dont know why but I feel this is fake. Sprint LTE theoretically supports 37/18 with full signal. So im not sure how 41 down is possible.

Ujum ujum

I dont know why but I feel this is fake. Sprint LTE theoretically supports 37/18 with full signal. So im not sure how 41 down is possible.

Sent from my SPH-L900

post-530-13619068348671_thumb.jpg