Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

The new tower that went up there is for Verizon. Sprint has a tower caddy corner right behind the storage place and across from Walmart, its kind of hard to spot since its mixed in with the power lines. I usually get pretty good service there depending on the time of day, I'm sure it all depends on the network congestion.

Gotcha - I'm no expert by any means at identifying who's tower is who's, but it did cross my mind that the tower probably wasn't Sprint when service didn't change for me.

I got good data speeds this morning as well, but it doesn't seem to have the capacity to deal with the amount of users after people get home from work and school. But in the morning, my speeds have been over 1.5 Mbps, which is insane to me. If I could get those numbers all the time, I'd be a happy camper until LTE was put in. I need to go look at the tower at the entrance to my subdivision. I saw some stakes in the ground out there that I'm wondering if they were for fiber.

I'm around the 270 and West Broad St and my 3g speeds are better now also 1.5 mb consistently

I'll do a test when I get home tonight and see how the speeds look. That Norton Road tower is likely the tower that I use as my home is at Galloway and Hall roads.

No change this morning on the way into work - I even did the speed test within sight range of the tower on Norton, but I got 0.40 down and 0.07 up. Admittedly, that's a little better than before, I suppose.

I drive down to Grove city every weekend to work at Sprint, and it's safe to say that the service is absolute crap. It gets better once you get to georgesville and stringtown, but the area is quite horrible at times. I can't stream anything while in the car...pretty unbearable.

I've lived in Grove City for about four years, and I was always amazed at the great speeds down here. . . Until Sprint announced Network Vision. Now, the speeds are abysmal, and I lose any call about 90% of the time while traveling on 70 near Frank Rd. It's all really strange timing. I expected things to get better, not worse. It's good to hear some of you saying that you're seeing improvements! Maybe these are just growing pains down here.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

I've lived in Grove City for about four years, and I was always amazed at the great speeds down here. . . Until Sprint announced Network Vision. Now, the speeds are abysmal, and I lose any call about 90% of the time while traveling on 70 near Frank Rd. It's all really strange timing. I expected things to get better, not worse. It's good to hear some of you saying that you're seeing improvements! Maybe these are just growing pains down here.

If you are a sponsor, check out the Columbus Permits section. If I'm correct in assuming which area you are talking about, it looks like there are quite a few towers (four or five) in a row that have been pulled for permits. I wouldn't be shocked to see them doing work there and that is why the service has gone down. From reports from other locations, it usually gets worse before it gets better. May want to check out some local Sprint sites and confirm there isn't any work done. In fact, one of the towers was the first permit pulled for the market that we have registered, :). Hang in there.

I've never been able to get good speeds on campus.

I was sitting at the Horseshoe parking lot on the NW side and was pulling over 1.5 Mbit down at 3 pm on a Tuesday just last week. I think it really depends on where you are for campus. Especially with it being so large.

I was sitting at the Horseshoe parking lot on the NW side and was pulling over 1.5 Mbit down at 3 pm on a Tuesday just last week. I think it really depends on where you are for campus. Especially with it being so large.

Yeah, I never really leave Bio Sci. I'm really interested to see how things are once we start to see the benefits of Network Vision.

Last week was also spring break for OSU students, so that could have had an effect as well.

Sensorly shows LTE coverage in Antwerp,Ohio. Yipppeeee!!

That must be one of completed sites over in Ft Wayne by the Ohio/Indiana border. Antwerp would be in the Toledo market, which we have had many permits pulled. Infact ive been keeping track of them over in the sponsor section

OK i may be wroung unless that tower just got upgraded or is in testing mode..........if not then maybe im wroung it may be coming from Ohio

Edited by keelerman8042

Even if the tower is actually in Indiana, it's cool to see some purple within the state. Hopefully not too much longer and it'll be popping up around Columbus. I wonder if work will start there or Cleveland first.

Hopefully Columbus :P

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

I was looking on my sensory app and saw there was a little blotch on the map kinda around the Arkon area but its is grayish. But there is also that same color in Virginia for LTE. Could someone please confirm that the little blotch I am seeing is the start of LTE in ohio or is it something else. Also I even zoomed in on it and it never disappeared.

securedownload.png

I was looking on my sensory app and saw there was a little blotch on the map kinda around the Arkon area but its is grayish. But there is also that same color in Virginia for LTE. Could someone please confirm that the little blotch I am seeing is the start of LTE in ohio or is it something else. Also I even zoomed in on it and it never disappeared.

Pretty sure gray means that somebody was tracking data for Sensorly but no LTE was found there. Basically showing you somebody has recently checked.

• Like 1

Hmm. This doesn't look like any Sprint cabinet or Samsung cabinets I've ever seen.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

So, I stopped by the tower on Norton Rd again today to snap some pics. Apparently, there IS two new cabinets on the back end and you can clearly see they aren't plugged into anything (look at the second pic). Nothing has been done to the antennas on the pole.

I'm no expert - but they do look like the Samsung cabinets. The only marker I could see was the "McLean" on it but I think thats just the AC.. Can anyone confirm?

IMG_0279.jpgIMG_0280.jpg

• Like 1