Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Yes, one of the first ones. Maybe they have a crew out installing cabinets then more crews will be through to install the guts.

I'd guess it's all subcontracted out, but I'm no pro. I should really go to the end of my street and see if ours has new cabinets sitting there.

I haven't seen any permits but I'm wondering if Reynoldsburg has a separate system.

I made my way to the tower in my neighborhood yesterday. It's an interesting one as you can see, as the antenna array is on top of a power line tower or something. I actually didn't notice that it was a tower until I saw it on the map as being one that would be upgraded. Doesn't look like any work has started at it. No extra cabinets sitting there yet, that I could see. There were tons of cars going by so I didn't want to walk over there too close and have someone call the cops over somebody "snooping around."

And actually, looking at the second picture more now, I'm wondering if I see an AT&T logo on one of those boxes. Unless that's just who does the bandwidth for the site, as in not AT&T Mobile.

tower1_zps808c2194.jpg

tower2_zps7e39aefb.jpg

tower3_zpsc72f21df.jpg

IMPORTANT!

Just talked to my District Manager for Sprint, and considering we all have crappy service now (can't call or recieve calls, let alone hear the other person on the line) it could be because of LTE deployment!

He couldn't tell me details, but said that major network revisions are starting and will continue till the 5th.

Will keep you guys posted :)

• Like 1

Service is the same for me In Columbus, good in spots and horrid in other locations...

The 5th of what, June because no way only until April 5th bc that's not enough time.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Service is the same for me In Columbus, good in spots and horrid in other locations...

The 5th of what, June because no way only until April 5th bc that's not enough time.

Well I was told the 5th of THIS month, however LTE deployment does take some time, like you said.

The entire east side, including broad street clear down to stringtown road, has had major voice and text issues that started last night. That issue usually happens when the old tech is replaced with enhanced 3G/4GLTE. Apparently Chicago was like this too.

Let's hope for the best...

I'll keep my eye out, I drive all around central, Ohio for work. Keep us updated if you get any updates not so vague. If they turn on the first lte that would be great.

• Like 1

Don't know what's been going on for the past couple of days but we have had some real issues sending and receiving calls near 270 and Georgesville and down into Grovecity. When my phone rings and I pick it up I can be sure that whoever is on the other end is not going to be able to hear me.

Hope this gets worked out soon.

Don't know what's been going on for the past couple of days but we have had some real issues sending and receiving calls near 270 and Georgesville and down into Grovecity. When my phone rings and I pick it up I can be sure that whoever is on the other end is not going to be able to hear me.

Hope this gets worked out soon.

Sounds very similar to the Chicago thread and issues between legacy Motorola hardware with new NV Samsung equipment. At least we can be sure upgrades are under way.

Sounds very similar to the Chicago thread and issues between legacy Motorola hardware with new NV Samsung equipment. At least we can be sure upgrades are under way.

We are having similar problems in Tulsa with our network vision, depending on which site you are connected to for your voice call you may experience interference; i had a call yesterday make a loud hissing noise. I've also been not getting texts and then hours later having them show up in waves. I even had a voicemail come through yesterday afternoon and my phone had never once rang. Hang in there fellas, Lte is a comin!

So, I stopped by the tower on Norton Rd again today to snap some pics. Apparently, there IS two new cabinets on the back end and you can clearly see they aren't plugged into anything (look at the second pic). Nothing has been done to the antennas on the pole.

I'm no expert - but they do look like the Samsung cabinets. The only marker I could see was the "McLean" on it but I think thats just the AC.. Can anyone confirm?

IMG_0279.jpgIMG_0280.jpg

Confirmed. These are new Samsung cabinets. Please post this in the In Progress thread (or at least a link) and I will add this site to the maps. Good find!

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Confirmed. These are new Samsung cabinets. Please post this in the In Progress thread (or at least a link) and I will add this site to the maps. Good find!

Yahooooo

I to have experienced some issues with the network since Sunday but its been off and on mostly with calling. I would be able to accept and make calls but the problem would be I am able to hear the other person but they can't hear me. After reading some of the new posts I seriously hope this is sprint working on the network vision here. I have a good feeling about this!!!!!!

Hey everyone I don't know if anyone has seen or posted anything about this but Columbus is now on the list for rollouts from December 2012 - May 2013. So my guess would be that all of the network issues we are having is because work has officially began here!! Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look at it.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Hey everyone I don't know if anyone has seen or posted anything about this but Columbus is now on the list for rollouts from December 2012 - May 2013. So my guess would be that all of the network issues we are having is because work has officially began here!! Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look at it.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

I noticed that yesterday. Rob updated that list on March 29th.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes I miss the days of working for Sprint, but between S4GRU and BGR I get my fix. I surely don't miss working retail though. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

My data has been very inconsistent the last few days. I never have problems streaming Netflix but near Westerville/Genoa I've been getting buffering and playback issues now.

Hopefully this is network vision upgrades because I usually get between 1-2mb connection in this area with no streaming issues.

Good to know. Now everybody on here should be able to keep an eye out for those same cabinets at other towers.

IMPORTANT!

Just talked to my District Manager for Sprint, and considering we all have crappy service now (can't call or recieve calls, let alone hear the other person on the line) it could be because of LTE deployment!

He couldn't tell me details, but said that major network revisions are starting and will continue till the 5th.

Will keep you guys posted :)

Anything happen today?

I'm going to assume something is because my service from texting to data to voice severely declined today. I live in Reynoldsburg and work in Washington Court House. I'm am experiencing the same issues in both places as well as co-workers who have Sprint.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

I'm going to assume something is because my service from texting to data to voice severely declined today. I live in Reynoldsburg and work in Washington Court House. I'm am experiencing the same issues in both places as well as co-workers who have Sprint.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

I don't know what problem it could be because it's not like they will be changing every tower for 50 miles in one day. That'd be nice but I doubt it. Unless there's something behind the scenes that had to be prepared for new equipment to come online?