Hmmmm. Intriguing. I'm sure they'll adjust it in time. On a better note, was at a dog park in winter park and had some pretty decent LTE speeds. Was very consistent, just how I like it! Also, that place over there reminds me of Palm Beach. Everything looks so new and lots of nice fancy cars. Edit: forgot to add screenshotvu2ujy3e.jpg

Winter Park actually ends at the dog park as south of the dog park is the Baldwin Park neighborhood, which used to be the Naval Training Center/military base. Its Orlando's way of trying to make their own Winter Park, but haven't quite succeeded with the Town center, at least in the way of attracting business while having high rental costs. Homes are rather expensive as well.

• Like 1

Winter Park actually ends at the dog park as south of the dog park is the Baldwin Park neighborhood, which used to be the Naval Training Center/military base. Its Orlando's way of trying to make their own Winter Park, but haven't quite succeeded with the Town center, at least in the way of attracting business while having high rental costs. Homes are rather expensive as well.

I did notice it looked rather scarce of people.... The apartments/town homes look decent. They remind me of a place called abacoa down in Jupiter, Florida. But abacoa is probably one of the nicest places to live down there besides of course Jupiter island, and certain places of palm beach gardens, palm beach etc.

I would've never known that place existed if I didn't go to the dog park and need to get subway for lunch lol. The sports bar over there seemed to be doing pretty good on a Sunday but everything else was dead

Edited by jamisonshaw125

I did notice it looked rather scarce of people.... The apartments/town homes look decent. They remind me of a place called abacoa down in Jupiter, Florida. But abacoa is probably one of the nicest places to live down there besides of course Jupiter island, and certain places of palm beach gardens, palm beach etc. I would've never known that place existed if I didn't go to the dog park and need to get subway for lunch lol. The sports bar over there seemed to be doing pretty good on a Sunday but everything else was dead

that's usually how it is, a lot of businesses are hurting over there because of the high rent and there are a number of spaces right off New Broad St that are available but nobody is coming in. You do see a lot of expensive cars over there though, I had an Audi R8 behind me and a Lamborghini in front of me at one time going through there.

• Like 1

that's usually how it is, a lot of businesses are hurting over there because of the high rent and there are a number of spaces right off New Broad St that are available but nobody is coming in. You do see a lot of expensive cars over there though, I had an Audi R8 behind me and a Lamborghini in front of me at one time going through there.

One of my favorite games used to be, guess the value of the cars sitting at this intersection. Typically played on PGA Blvd or Donald Ross. It was usually, just on my side alone...anywhere between 500k to 3 million dollars in cars sitting at the same red light.

It sucks that that part of town isn't doing so well. The apartments look really nice, and I'm sure they are. Butttt they should definitely lower their rent.... <_< Just looked at Ender's Place. To get my size apartment 2/2 with a solarium over there, it would cost me an extra 500-600 a month. Lol nope Mine includes trash pick up, gate keys for free, cable in all rooms ( I pay 10$ for HD on the big screen), and 29.99 in internet and washer/dryer.. Have to pass on that one.

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 2

Data speed at Research Park this morning.  :D

595353485.png

Thats perty close to me, location wise..... Rockin the 1x over here. I like that iOS 7 updated and now you can tell your data connection.

Question: I can disable LTE and then re-enable it and it almost forces it into LTE...which I have a stable connection about 3-4 down and 1 up...Why does it switch back to 3g?

Edited by jamisonshaw125

is it just me or does there speed test app seem really inaccurate? Speedtest.net always gives me much higher numbers

Yeay...

This was this morning @ 0520 am on Turnpike near mile marker 250 going a about 70Mph.

Another LTE filled commute to work.

FJCcaYAl.png

@l3x

• Like 2

Can someone explain why when I turn off enable LTE on my phone, and then switch it back on it automatically switches to LTE but them goes back to 3G or 1x?

I'd be more than happy to explain why. Your phone is fine. It's because the Sprint Network in Orlando sucks. It's almost 2014 and Sprint users can't even stream audio or radio. So what would make anybody think that you would be able to consistently connect to a Sprint LTE tower during their 10 year rollout?

• Like 1

I'd be more than happy to explain why. Your phone is fine. It's because the Sprint Network in Orlando sucks. It's almost 2014 and Sprint users can't even stream audio or radio. So what would make anybody think that you would be able to consistently connect to a Sprint LTE tower during their 10 year rollout?

LOL I thought it had something to do with range. I seem to have stable speeds not too fast when it connects, but then it'll kick me off. I'm assuming that is due to me being kicked off the frequency because there are too many people or it can't handle it? Lol Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

Can someone explain why when I turn off enable LTE on my phone, and then switch it back on it automatically switches to LTE but them goes back to 3G or 1x?

This could be due to having weak LTE signal. Yes, your phone connects at first but once it cycles it realizes that the signal is not strong enough and it puts you on 3g or 1X. BTW 1X is also part of the CDMA2000 standard and therefore a 3g technology just different versions.

I regularly am able to stream using IHeartRadio, Pandora, and even use Tango while on my daily commute. At work I even do some Netflix.

LOL I thought it had something to do with range. I seem to have stable speeds not too fast when it connects, but then it'll kick me off. I'm assuming that is due to me being kicked off the frequency because there are too many people or it can't handle it? Lol

No such thing as getting kicked off frequency. Unless you have done something to the tower to make it not like u... now is your chance to come clean Mr...

@l3x

• Like 2

No such thing as getting kicked off frequency. Unless you have done something to the tower to make it not like u... now is your chance to come clean Mr...

@l3x

I can not stream pandora while driving. LOL. It freezes, unless I am on colonial which has an excellent LTE signal. And who...what? me I'm an angel.  :angel:

osreh.jpg  30dgmy0.png

They just are taunting us now. Yeh, that's what theyre doing. Taunting.

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

What's the signal strength?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

LOL I confused my phone. It didn't show that my WIFI was on when it was, and I did a speed test. got about 33 download on 3g. HAHAH. That is just awesome. And yeh, no network connection on LTE right now but its connecting to it before it connects to 3g. Progress! :wall:

LOL I confused my phone. It didn't show that my WIFI was on when it was, and I did a speed test. got about 33 download on 3g. HAHAH. That is just awesome. And yeh, no network connection on LTE right now but its connecting to it before it connects to 3g. Progress! :wall:

That's how it is for me in Ocoee. Tower nearest me doesn't have LTE so I get whispers of LTE from the next nearest tower.

• Like 2

I'm sure all of you are familiar with Feeder bands from a hurricane. In our present situation that's how I feel we are. We are just getting the very last tip of LTE that manages to swing our way, and then NOTHING for a few hours, and then just another tiny blipbleepblop (that word is patented and not part of Cosby's vocabulary) and then it VANISHES AGAIN. I would prefer to be at the center of the storm now please ty.

I'm sure all of you are familiar with Feeder bands from a hurricane. In our present situation that's how I feel we are. We are just getting the very last tip of LTE that manages to swing our way, and then NOTHING for a few hours, and then just another tiny blipbleepblop (that word is patented and not part of Cosby's vocabulary) and then it VANISHES AGAIN. I would prefer to be at the center of the storm now please ty.

I find too that isolated towers tend to be slower than ones that are in a group of LTE enabled towers

• Like 2