Was about 4 miles north of there at Kirkman & Valencia West Campus pulling 7 down / 3 up pretty consistently... that was 4 weeks ago though.

That's the tower near LB McLeod I believe, and I was getting pretty good speeds out of it as well....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I got a 8.21 Mbps / 1.25 Mpbs driving on 417 near UCF and my phone is a Galaxy S2, which only has 4g WiMax. I know the LTE crowd doesn't care because that's not where the new roll-out is, but that's the highest I've seen with my S2...yea! Someone give me a high five even if you are totally disinterested.

• Like 5

Alright latest update in a while. After crossing the bridge over 417 northbound on Econlockhatchee Trail north of Colonial, I had 4-5 bars on LTE until I got to University and fell back to 3G. I have no idea what tower I was connected to but that's definitely a first for that area of UCF.

It is not acceptable to use our forums to inquire from our members which carrier you should switch to from Sprint. I mean, c'mon.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I might be the exception because I hate Sprint. Yet I'm here for some unexplained reasons. lol I'm the guy who buys $500 phones just to get 2G speeds and then gets laughed at by co workers. Robert, please tell me I'm going to be the one who gets the last laugh?

• Like 1

I thought it would be acceptable to find out the latest LTE status in North Orlando? Especially since I don't have an LTE phone yet to test.

I'm about to make a decision so thought this would be the appropriate place to ask how Sprint now compares in the Orlando market....

I thought it would be acceptable to find out the latest LTE status in North Orlando? Especially since I don't have an LTE phone yet to test.

I'm about to make a decision so thought this would be the appropriate place to ask how Sprint now compares in the Orlando market....

He was probably joking with you. Lol so was I. 

He was probably joking with you. Lol so was I. 

Don't think so lol, since all my posts were deleted?

By the way I was on Extended all along Lake Mary Blvd east of I4 up until 46A. I also dropped 4 calls along 46 to 95 this morning.

Oh, I'm not joking. The posts were hidden. We are in a Sprint forum. If you want to find out specific info about other carriers and which one is best for your new iPhone, go to their forums. If you have specific questions about Sprint Network Vision in the Orlando market, we will do our best to answer them.

Oh, I'm not joking. The posts were hidden. We are in a Sprint forum. If you want to find out specific info about other carriers and which one is best for your new iPhone, go to their forums. If you have specific questions about Sprint Network Vision in the Orlando market, we will do our best to answer them.

Let me reword my question then. Has any one seen LTE north of 434 (up until 417) recently and if so how were the speeds? Sensorly shows a few LTE spots along 17-92 and Lake Emma road, but are these still up and running? 

Sensorly also shows a constant LTE signal along I4 (from 528 to 417).. is this realistic?

Also, how would you describe your LTE experience throughout all of Orlando, if you had to rate it on a scale from 1-10, with a 10 having LTE every where you travel.

Edited by sddabrow

Let me reword my question then. Has any one seen LTE north of 434 (up until 417) recently and if so how were the speeds? Sensorly shows a few LTE spots along 17-92 and Lake Emma road, but are these still up and running?

Sensorly also shows a constant LTE signal along I4 (from 528 to 417).. is this realistic?

Also, how would you describe your LTE experience throughout all of Orlando, if you had to rate it on a scale from 1-10, with a 10 having LTE every where you travel.

1. Can't answer don't go over there that much

2. I don't have LTE hardly anywhere on I4 south of 408, at least I didn't this weekend when I went to downtown Disney.

3. A scale of 1/10, I would say currently in my vicinity.... 3 .. But it's better than the 0 I had before

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

i spent almost 2 weeks in Florida from 8/14-8/25 in the Disney area and a few days outside..Caribe Royal Hotel area and the service was great, i had LTE in almost all the spots i was in.  Some of the 3G i was hitting was legacy speeds so prob not upgraded.  But overall it was very reliable and consistent.  I had one spot down in Kissimme in the area of the Osceola REgional Hospital on Rose and Grove, that whole area had LTE but no internet connectivity so i guess still in the process of upgrading. By the time we got back home in the central new jersey market LTE had lit up all over the place.

Good day all.

While at the AMC theater at Universal Studios on Monday I was SHOCKED to see my phone actually get the 4G icon INSIDE theater 18. Granted; this room has an outside facing wall and is at the TOP of the 2nd floor. But I was still shocked nonetheless.

The towers near by have been showing "in progress" for well over 4 months but is still nice to see inside a heavily walled room.

@l3x

• Like 3

Good day all.

While at the AMC theater at Universal Studios on Monday I was SHOCKED to see my phone actually get the 4G icon INSIDE theater 18. Granted; this room has an outside facing wall and is at the TOP of the 2nd floor. But I was still shocked nonetheless.

The towers near by have been showing "in progress" for well over 4 months but is still nice to see inside a heavily walled room.

@l3x

Sign #1 you're dating an S4GRU member: constant rejoicing at finding new places with LTE. :lol:

• Like 2

Sign #1 you're dating an S4GRU member: constant rejoicing at finding new places with LTE. :lol:

Pretty much every single person I see on a weekly basis laughs at me because of my obsession with LTE. I say to my brother, oh "Sh*$" I have LTE. And while he laughs, I quietly and secretly get a speed test in. Normally this occurs when I am driving so I try and get one before I am out of range. Its so annoying that Valencia West is literally so close to LTE. I was at the subway down there the other day and had excellent LTE. But then I drive .5 miles back to school and its a dead zone in my class  :angry:

• Like 3

Pretty much every single person I see on a weekly basis laughs at me because of my obsession with LTE. I say to my brother, oh "Sh*$" I have LTE. And while he laughs, I quietly and secretly get a speed test in. Normally this occurs when I am driving so I try and get one before I am out of range. Its so annoying that Valencia West is literally so close to LTE. I was at the subway down there the other day and had excellent LTE. But then I drive .5 miles back to school and its a dead zone in my class :angry:

You know, when I first read "I was at the subway", I was like "WTF? Orlando doesn't have transportation like that!" Then I realized what you meant :-)

• Like 4