I know with the newer phones SVDO is supposed to be a possibility after NV. Well found out today that on my GS3 I can do it now in a non-NV area(Kentucky). No I wasn't on Wifi or LTE. Anybody else tried to do it?

I know with the newer phones SVDO is supposed to be a possibility after NV. Well found out today that on my GS3 I can do it now in a non-NV area(Kentucky). No I wasn't on Wifi or LTE. Anybody else tried to do it?

I've been loving me some wonderful SVDO since late May. I'm in a non NV market.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I have double checked my SVDO capabilities several times since getting the GS3 and EVO LTE. However, I really don't have the need for simultaneous voice and data, for the most part.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I have double checked my SVDO capabilities several times since getting the GS3 and EVO LTE. However' date=' I really don't have the need for simultaneous voice and data, for the most part.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner[/quote']

I haven't used it as much as i used to now that i have cable internet at home, plus the issues i had with my first Viper and the severe battery drain, but when necessity arises, I'll be using it a lot again.

I haven't used it as much as i used to now that i have cable internet at home, plus the issues i had with my first Viper and the severe battery drain, but when necessity arises, I'll be using it a lot again.

I like being able to have it.

Josh does your viper battery deakin quick with normal use??

I like being able to have it.

Josh does your viper battery deakin quick with normal use??

Thanks to the first phone being defective, yes. However, when i first got it i could easily go 10-12 hours with no problem. Now i have to keep it plugged in all the time.

If anyone is running a custom ROM, you might want to check of the ROM is written to support SVDO. The last 2 CM10 ROMs I ran did not support SVLTE. I didn't even notice until I saw someone complain about it at xda.

From CM10 Toro on Forum Runner

• Like 1

My old job allowed me to use my cell during work as long as I wasn't on the phone, which sometimes could be for about an hour. Having the iphOne on AT&T was the best, being able to look up movie times and make reservations while on the phone with a friend. I'm excited for it to start showing up in more sprint phones. Hopefully the new iPhone will finally bring it over to CDMA networks.

I also enjoy svdo capabilities as well. I travel a lot so I spend at least 65% of my time away from home, so any chance I get I am on the phone with my girl talking. It is so convenient to send and receive emails for work or maybe even taking a funny picture and sending to her while we are talking. If you are the kind of person that really don't use that many minutes then I can see it not being a big deal but for someone like me who use about 4 hours of talk time every day when I am out of town then its a very nice feature to have.

I also enjoy svdo capabilities as well. I travel a lot so I spend at least 65% of my time away from home' date=' so any chance I get I am on the phone with my girl talking. It is so convenient to send and receive emails for work or maybe even taking a funny picture and sending to her while we are talking. If you are the kind of person that really don't use that many minutes then I can see it not being a big deal but for someone like me who use about 4 hours of talk time every day when I am out of town then its a very nice feature to have.[/quote']

Yeah, I use about 2 hours a month, so it's nearly pointless for me

Yeah, I use about 2 hours a month, so it's nearly pointless for me

When I am actually at home, an average of about two weeks at a time, I probably don't even accumulate an hour of actual talk time in those two weeks so if I didn't travel my usage would probably be the same as yours.

• Like 1

Is it a uniquely device dependent feature? I could have sworn it also required network side support.

No, none at all. Go use SVDO while EV-DO roaming. It will work.

AJ