Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Hopefully they do get more up and running. It's funny, there is a lot of lte live in my area and somehow I manage to avoid it ALL during my daily routine. However my 3g has never been better, YouTube works, Netflix works, Spotify works, all perfectly. It really is incredible the difference there is already!

• Like 1

I got the list of Philly accepted LTE sites this morning. I will try to post later this morning in the Sponsor section and update the maps.

In reading the Allentown 3G comments, my mind went to Billy Joel, "And we're living here in Allentown, for the Sprint 3G that we never found. Down in Philly-town they're surfing online, buying LTE phones, watching Sensorly lines..."

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I hate to be a smartass but Billy Joel's song Allentown actually isn't about Allentown... Its about our neighboring town of Bethlehem. But anyway back on topic, speed tests in Allentown im only getting 0.29 mbps down and 0.66 mbps up

I hate to be a smartass but Billy Joel's song Allentown actually isn't about Allentown... Its about our neighboring town of Bethlehem. But anyway back on topic, speed tests in Allentown im only getting 0.29 mbps down and 0.66 mbps up

From outside the Lehigh Valley looking in, we don't see the distinction. And likely, Billy Joel didn't either. It's kind of like the Reno/Sparks distinction from where I'm from in Nevada. No one can tell the difference where one ended and the other began if you were from outside the Valley. But we knew!

• Like 1

I'm not very familiar with the area yet, but I'm about half of a mile North of the Allentown Airport (Not LV International). Maybe only one of the towers was affected, or perhaps even after NV my tower is getting bogged down during the day? I'm sure as hell not getting 300KB/s down right now :-) 4AM was a different story.

Edited by burnout8488

I went back to that spot in Willow Grove today and was able to pick up the LTE signal and map a long stretch in Sensorly. As soon as I caught a signal, I did a speed test:

post-12191-0-85642200-1363205664_thumb.png

That's a lot of juice!

• Like 2

I forgot to click "view map" before stopping mapped trip.

Started at 56th & Market St (Phila PA 19139) via Market-Frankford to 69th St. (Upper Darby PA 19082).

Return from 19082 via Septa Rte 21 bus to 19139

nenyrusy.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

So there was a whopping 17 LTE sites accepted and went live yesterday in Philly. That may be a new one day record for a single market. Sponsors can see info about the sites accepted here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/page__view__findpost__p__115782

Robert

• Like 5

I was at 23rd & market an got an lte signal but data wouldnt work. Stayed that way for a few minutes before it reverted back to 3G.

Same thing happened to me in that huge blip in jenkintown today. I ran a speed test and got 19 down, but it hung on the upload and quickly went back to 3g.

So there was a whopping 17 LTE sites accepted and went live yesterday in Philly. That may be a new one day record for a single market. Sponsors can see info about the sites accepted here: http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__115782

Robert

So what is the minimum to become a sponsor?

We will accept whatever you can afford. However, we need approximately $20-$25 per new Sponsor to make our monthly costs.

Some give less, some give more. I will let your wallet and your conscience be your guide.

So this means LTE should be available pretty soon then?

It's already available on these 17 sites.

Not for me! lol

Almost all these sites are very close to NW Philly...this is a great sign that LTE is right around the corner for the entire area. I've had my LTE phone for 9 months without getting the benefits of the speed, so seeing that 4G show up on my phone for the first time was gratifying.

• Like 1

Almost all these sites are very close to NW Philly...this is a great sign that LTE is right around the corner for the entire area. I've had my LTE phone for 9 months without getting the benefits of the speed, so seeing that 4G show up on my phone for the first time was gratifying.

Yeah I am just getting impatient, 3G is pretty good for me but I want the speed of LTE. :P