Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

AHH you guys scare me! I surely hope they turn them on for use!

Seems unique to our area from what I have seen. One site was accepted in mid Jan and is still not available for LTE usage yet.

My guess is they wanted to pay the vendor but something was wrong with the backhaul.

Sent from my little Note2

Seems unique to our area from what I have seen. One site was accepted in mid Jan and is still not available for LTE usage yet.

My guess is they wanted to pay the vendor but something was wrong with the backhaul.

I spoke to our vendor. They are a local Tulsa company and they provide 100% of the service. Including backhaul

They have their own fiber backbone?

I'm not sure. I asked who's providing backhaul for us..he said they are. He also said our back haul was fiber.....the company is called techsico

<br /><br />I'm not sure. I asked who's providing backhaul for us..he said they are. He also said our back haul was fiber.....the company is called techsico
<br /><br />Techsico provided the fiber for my School (University of Tulsa). That's pretty cool that they're installing back haul on our sites!<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Tecsico provided the fiber for my School (University of Tulsa). That's pretty cool that they're installing back haul on our sites!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

They are doing the whole site..backhaul. cabinets.Installation. the guys were friendly and knowledgable

• Like 1

There are about 5-10 sites that I know of in the Kansas market that have had full equipment, RRUs since September (or earlier) and still aren't on.

Well they are back at it again today in! Many more crews today than yesterday, there were several trucks out there.

nzosjt.jpg

4kg30k.jpg

Speeds & ping times were severely sub par, probably directly related to them actually working on the tower.

More info in the sponsor section =)

• Like 1

do you think they are waiting to make them discoverable so that they have denser coverage when they do turn on LTE?

Denser? I doubt it. You don't get much less dense than the only site for 8 miles around along a highway that otherwise doesn't have any coverage at all.

I'm thinking they haven't been able to connect backhaul since these are very rural sites north of Nevada, MO along I-49.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Denser? I doubt it. You don't get much less dense than the only site for 8 miles around along a highway that otherwise doesn't have any coverage at all.

I'm thinking they haven't been able to connect backhaul since these are very rural sites north of Nevada, MO along I-49.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Could they not bring in Microwave backhaul to those sites? Even temporarily (2/3 months) or however long it takes in order to run fiber. Otherwise they have an investment that is not making any return, as well as increasingly lower chances of aquireing new customers,or retaining the old ones. I know VZW used microwave when fiber was unavailable..probably mostly temporarily.

I guess they do work weekends!

I bet we see live LTE in two weeks.

I wish i knew what their actual start date was but judging off what i have seen/heard i could see something like 15 sites complete within 2 weeks. If they wait till all the sites in Tulsa to complete before going live it would take an upwards of 4 months before we saw LTE. Though it would seem in Sprint's best interest to turn on towers quickly as soon as they're complete, that way current users would notice a gradually improving network, then upon completion Sprint could officially "launch" the market making its official PR announcement and advertisements etc. I would think this would be the most aggressive path, and now is a good time for Sprint to be aggressive!

Could they not bring in Microwave backhaul to those sites? Even temporarily (2/3 months) or however long it takes in order to run fiber. Otherwise they have an investment that is not making any return, as well as increasingly lower chances of aquireing new customers,or retaining the old ones. I know VZW used microwave when fiber was unavailable..probably mostly temporarily.

I know some sites use microwave, but they're not going to bring that in on a temporary basis. That's just not feasible These sites don't cover any one. It's open country and open road. I'm sure they're not the highest priority sites. 3 of the other 5 that have been complete since September along that stretch of road have finally been activated, so I'm sure no one just forgot to turn them on.

• Like 1

workers are back at the site they're digging. Probably backhaul

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to be visiting my sister in Prattville on April 6-8. I'm hoping they have something fired up for me to check out when I'm in the Tulsa area. And then we go on to Vinita to visit my wife's family and then on to Branson. I would like to have more than just Joplin on this trip.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

I'm going to be visiting my sister in Prattville on April 6-8. I'm hoping they have something fired up for me to check out when I'm in the Tulsa area. And then we go on to Vinita to visit my wife's family and then on to Branson. I would like to have more than just Joplin on this trip.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

One day it might be lte the whole trip!

• Like 1