HTC EVO LTE OTA - System Update 1.22.651.3

Odell

I would sure think that the LTE connectivity issue would need to be fixed with both radio and kernel updates. I think this should fix it. Kind of a good think HTC was so quick out of the gate. If this happens to the Photon Q, Sprint probably wouldn't be able, or willing to block connections. When it is only a couple hundred towers that have to be blocked, it's not such a big deal and they could sweep it under the rug. Hopefully HTC remembers how Sprint helped them out on this in the future.

• Like 1

I would sure think that the LTE connectivity issue would need to be fixed with both radio and kernel updates. I think this should fix it. Kind of a good think HTC was so quick out of the gate. If this happens to the Photon Q, Sprint probably wouldn't be able, or willing to block connections. When it is only a couple hundred towers that have to be blocked, it's not such a big deal and they could sweep it under the rug. Hopefully HTC remembers how Sprint helped them out on this in the future.

You ain't kidding. Both of their fates were intertwined. I think the EVO was so anticipated and they had so many people coming off contract, they had no choice but to rush it out and pray for a resolution. I think if future models should ever have such a problem, they will just hold releasing the device.

Robert

You ain't kidding. Both of their fates were intertwined. I think the EVO was so anticipated and they had so many people coming off contract, they had no choice but to rush it out and pray for a resolution. I think if future models should ever have such a problem, they will just hold releasing the device.

Robert

so we are confident that it has been fixed?

Confident? No. But I am hoping to hear back from themuffinman when his LTE goes back live in Atlanta. He is going to do head to head testing with the EVO LTE and the GNex to see if the problem reoccurs like he had in the past.

Robert

Kernel + radio update sure seems like a fix to me. I am not 100% confident, especially when nobody ever officially admitted that there was a problem in the first place. Their backs are against a wall though. With Sprint flipping the switch on LTE on the 15th in certain markets, they had to do something. It might not be a full fix, and they might have just released what they have to this point, but hopefully it improves the situation.

• Like 1

I think sprint will make sure to do real field testing on their live network for new LTE phones before they are released. Kind of hard for them to do with only the FIT network available outside of the lab and HQ.

• Like 1

Seems like there's a confirmation that the 1.22 OTA fixes the S-OFF exploit as well as the current method of flashing splash screens and radios when unlocked, but still S-ON. S-OFF and HBOOT 1.12 have just become quite a bit more valuable.

Edited by Kisakuku

Seems like there's a confirmation that the 1.22 OTA fixes the S-OFF exploit as well as the current method of flashing splash screens and radios when unlocked, but still S-ON. S-OFF and HBOOT 1.12 have just become quite a bit more valuable.

Yep, F sprint & htc for this Edited by S4GRU
edited to remove violating word

After flashing the latest update (firmware and radio) via PJ75IMG -so i didnt get the new HBOOT and loose my S-OFF, my data speeds suffered so much (down to 50-80kbps) so that i had to swap out to use my S3 to have a usable signal. I did a prl and data profile update after flashing the PJ75IMG with no changes, even did several reboots and even wiped all user data to make sure an app wasnt downloading updates or anything. There have also been other people with the same issue. S3 seems do be doing much better pulling in .58mbps (in a basement) Perhaps tomorrow, ill re-evaluate the LTE and see if it was only a temporary problem.

• Like 1

After flashing the latest update (firmware and radio) via PJ75IMG -so i didnt get the new HBOOT and loose my S-OFF, my data speeds suffered so much (down to 50-80kbps) so that i had to swap out to use my S3 to have a usable signal. I did a prl and data profile update after flashing the PJ75IMG with no changes, even did several reboots and even wiped all user data to make sure an app wasnt downloading updates or anything. There have also been other people with the same issue. S3 seems do be doing much better pulling in .58mbps (in a basement) Perhaps tomorrow, ill re-evaluate the LTE and see if it was only a temporary problem.

Not looking good for this new radio, maybe there was a trade off between LTE stability and CDMA speed?

Is there a chance that the PJ75IMG that you used was corrupted in some way? I am not rooted and I took the OTA and I haven't had any degradation and in fact I saw improved speeds in a few areas. Nothing major but noticeably better speed test numbers.

• Like 3

Is there a chance that the PJ75IMG that you used was corrupted in some way? I am not rooted and I took the OTA and I haven't had any degradation and in fact I saw improved speeds in a few areas. Nothing major but noticeably better speed test numbers.

I haven't seen any differences that could not be attributed to network traffic at the time of the test. Within the range of the same fluctuations as before.

Robert

Ever since the OTA yesterday my wifi will connect but I get no throughput. It says its connected at 23 Mbps. When I turn off the wifi and make a phone call it still beeps to let me know Im connected to my airave. I dont know how this is possible. ?????? If I turn off my mobile network and wifi I am still able to make calls.

I have cycled my phone off/on and still have the same issues.

Any Ideas?

When I turn off the wifi and make a phone call it still beeps to let me know Im connected to my airave. I dont know how this is possible. ?????? If I turn off my mobile network and wifi I am still able to make calls.

I am confused by your post. The Airave does not use Wi-Fi; they are not related. And I could be mistaken, but I believe that the mobile network toggle turns on/off mobile data, not voice.

AJ

I am confused by your post. The Airave does not use Wi-Fi; they are not related. And I could be mistaken, but I believe that the mobile network toggle turns on/off mobile data, not voice.

AJ

That probably expains some of my question. I always thought the airave connected by wifi.

And the network toggle is explained also if what your saying is correct and I have no reason to doubt what you have said.

Ive read alot of your post and have been learning quite a bit.

So if you can help me figure out the wifi I would really appreciate it.

It says its connected at 23 Mbps but I get no throughput. Webpages just sit there with the loading wheel. Nothing actually loads up

I always thought the airave connected by wifi.

No, if the Airave operated over Wi-Fi, then you would not need an Airave. Any Wi-Fi access point would work.

It says its connected at 23 Mbps but I get no throughput. Webpages just sit there with the loading wheel. Nothing actually loads up

The "23 Mbps" figure is just the negotiated rate between the handset and the Wi-Fi access point, not the Internet at large. Have you confirmed that your access point is functioning properly? Have you power cycled it?

AJ

No, if the Airave operated over Wi-Fi, then you would not need an Airave. Any Wi-Fi access point would work.

The "23 Mbps" figure is just the negotiated rate between the handset and the Wi-Fi access point, not the Internet at large.

Have you confirmed that your access point is functioning properly? Have you power cycled it?

AJ

That makes perfect since. Feeling kind of stupid here. lol

I have cycled the access point. It is the same one that Im accessing right now on my laptop. It appears to be working just fine.

Edited by Rock_Paper_Scissors_

I haven't seen any differences that could not be attributed to network traffic at the time of the test. Within the range of the same fluctuations as before.

Robert

After the update yesterday I had some trouble sending out blast text messages (>100); it would go incredibly slow. After a reboot it started working normally. Maybe try rebooting the phone to see if the data speeds go back to normal? I know for me my data speeds have been consistent both before and after the update.

After the update yesterday I had some trouble sending out blast text messages (>100); it would go incredibly slow. After a reboot it started working normally. Maybe try rebooting the phone to see if the data speeds go back to normal? I know for me my data speeds have been consistent both before and after the update.

You send text messages to more than 100 people at once? Wow. Our Pastor is the only guy I know that sends large group text messages.

Robert

You send text messages to more than 100 people at once? Wow. Our Pastor is the only guy I know that sends large group text messages.

Robert

Yea I send out daily text messages to a group at my church actually, along with prayer requests. Definitely a must-have feature for any phone I get. I'm glad this phone handles it without issue :)
  • Like 2

That probably expains some of my question. I always thought the airave connected by wifi.

To clarify a little for you, the airave broadcasts like a mini tower replacing your connection to the "macrocell". 1900mhz for voice and 3G data. This is why Sprint only wants to send out an airave to people who have little/no coverage in their house. It could potentially cause interference issues with the cell towers for people around it. The only way to keep your phone from connecting to the airave is to shut off the airave or leave its range.