Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Does the "T" in Terrell352 stand for T-Mobile?

Seriously, the constant comparisons to T-Mobile need to stop.  Members do not want to hear them, get annoyed by them, and have reported the quoted post.  If the T-Mobile comparisons do not stop, staff will take disciplinary action and may reinstitute the moratorium on Magenta threads/posts.

Vote with your wallet and your conscience.  If T-Mobile works better for you in your area and you think that John Legere is a cool guy, feel free to take all of your business to T-Mobile.  But you do not need to tell the world at S4GRU about it.

Is that clear, everyone?

AJ

I think its important to compare networks because its what every single consumer is going to do.

I think its important to compare networks because its what every single consumer is going to do.

Other members do not like the repeated T-Mobile references.  And S4GRU is not a wireless comparison shopping web site.

AJ

Okay...

If you find that disappointing, I am sorry.  But some sponsors who have helped fund S4GRU's continued non profit operation have reacted negatively to the post in question and others similar to it.

AJ

Does the "T" in Terrell352 stand for T-Mobile?

Seriously, the constant comparisons to T-Mobile need to stop. Members do not want to hear them, get annoyed by them, and have reported the quoted post. If the T-Mobile comparisons do not stop, staff will take disciplinary action and may reinstitute the moratorium on Magenta threads/posts.

Vote with your wallet and your conscience. If T-Mobile works better for you in your area and you think that John Legere is a cool guy, feel free to take all of your business to T-Mobile. But you do not need to tell the world at S4GRU about it.

Is that clear, everyone?

AJ

I understand but I do disagree. I have a good understanding of all 4 major carriers seeing as I'm one of the only members with access to them all. I'm not trying to be bias or anything like that. I'm saying this is what I have seen far. You are implying that I am a T-Mobile lover but trust me I'm not. I look for reliability, price, signal strength, and speed. Currently in the places I go the most I just found out T-Mobile is better and cheaper for me. This is not a invitation for everyone to ditch Sprint and go to other carriers. I have mapped all 4 carriers on own time even for this site. You don't have to lashing out every time someone has proof that Sprint can improve in areas instead of immediately calling them a Sprint hater and then dropping a new rule. I have said plenty of nice things about Sprint and have been in plenty of areas where they are good. I know there are plenty of educated individuals here but no criticism makes you look like the ultimate Sprint fanboy and would make this whole community biased. That's not the S4GRU I know.
  • Like 6

If you find that disappointing, I am sorry.  But some sponsors who have helped fund S4GRU's continued non profit operation have reacted negatively to the post in question and others similar to it.

AJ

I understand.

T-Mobile LTE does not have good building penetration. Not even close. If you got a good Tmo LTE signal in the movie theater, it's because you were near the tower. Period. You also get a good Sprint LTE signal near a tower.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

T-Mobile LTE does not have good building penetration. Not even close. If you got a good Tmo LTE signal in the movie theater, it's because you were near the tower. Period. You also get a good Sprint LTE signal near a tower.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know that's what I have been taught here but in my real world usage some how I get 100 and lower in building all th time. Its coming from my home tower too which is 1.5 miles away from busy Ocala. They have great edge of cell too. Sprint can't compete here without that site being upgraded. Its just too many holes without it. Once that site is upgraded then Sprint will have a chance. They have esfb issues in this part of town too making matters worse.

Sprint is so good downtown Jacksonville. I get a tingly feeling whenever I need to visit downtown because of how awesome the network is there. Plenty of B41/B26 there now.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Yup! Downtown and all of the urban neighborhoods (San Marco, Riverside, Avondale, Springfield... etc) is awesome. Sprint is the best carrier with Verizon a close second in this densely populated area. Many of you already know that I live DT and frequent these areas daily.

Going out from these urban core neighborhoods into Northside, Murray Hill/Westside, San Jose/Lakewood/Mandarin and Eastside/West Arlington are awesome, too. Honestly, there are only a few holes left for LTE coverage in the whole Jacksonville market and they're getting really hard to find lately, especially with my new G3 which has awesome RF performance.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup! Downtown and all of the urban neighborhoods (San Marco, Riverside, Avondale, Springfield... etc) is awesome. Sprint is the best carrier with Verizon a close second in this densely populated area. Many of you already know that I live DT and frequent these areas daily.

Going out from these urban core neighborhoods into Northside, Murray Hill/Westside, San Jose/Lakewood/Mandarin and Eastside/West Arlington are awesome, too. Honestly, there are only a few holes left for LTE coverage in the whole Jacksonville market and they're getting really hard to find lately, especially with my new G3 which has awesome RF performance.

I have to agree with you on this. Only problem for me is that I don't get service in a lot of Winn Dixie and Publix stores. Must be something the building are made of that interfere with cell signals.

I'm in these stores a lot for work and would love to have service. They both have WiFi networks but I dont have WiFi calling on the nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 5

As of right now, the only LTE hole I'm seeing in Jax proper is on Atlantic Blvd around the Kernan Blvd area, which coincides perfectly with the accepted map. This is literally the only place I don't have LTE of any flavor, minus some in-door coverage here and there.

B26 is everywhere around Jax. I drove all over the city this weekend in my weekend travels and I stayed on B26 90% of the time. I think they're in the process of optimization as we speak. This market has turned around so much.

This is probably one of Sprint's best major markets. Zero eCSFB issues, to boot.

• Like 1

As of right now, the only LTE hole I'm seeing in Jax proper is on Atlantic Blvd around the Kernan Blvd area, which coincides perfectly with the accepted map. This is literally the only place I don't have LTE of any flavor, minus some in-door coverage here and there.

B26 is everywhere around Jax. I drove all over the city this weekend in my weekend travels and I stayed on B26 90% of the time. I think they're in the process of optimization as we speak. This market has turned around so much.

This is probably one of Sprint's best major markets. Zero eCSFB issues, to boot.

That's awesome. Can't wait for that here. It'll make not having b41 bearable until feb LOL!

That's awesome. Can't wait for that here. It'll make not having b41 bearable until feb LOL!

It's coming. :)

The times I wasn't on B26 I was usually on B41. I only saw B25 a few times during the whole weekend.

• Like 1

The times I wasn't on B26 I was usually on B41. I only saw B25 a few times during the whole weekend.

With my nexus I can't receive b41 no matter what radio I'm on only b25 and b26. When ever I do connect to b41 it usually shifts me to another band.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

With my nexus I can't receive b41 no matter what radio I'm on only b25 and b26. When ever I do connect to b41 it usually shifts me to another band.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Weird. The G3 will grab B41 if it's available and will hold on really well. Even at -118dBm, my B41 speeds are usually faster than B26 or B25. I get B41 is a lot of places, but obviously B26 most of the time.

The G3 is excellent in RF performance in all bands.

• Like 1

Waiting patiently, almost impatiently. This market is so close to have a seamless experience and yet.... Not there yet! Just get b26 turned on everywhere and optimize it already! I don't even care about the old legacy sites because that gap can be filled with b26!
  • Like 1

Waiting patiently, almost impatiently. This market is so close to have a seamless experience and yet.... Not there yet! Just get b26 turned on everywhere and optimize it already! I don't even care about the old legacy sites because that gap can be filled with b26!

yes and no. They can be filled but the signal will be weaker than the legacy site actually being online and capacity will fill faster too. All legacy sites need to be dead yesterday.

I'm here at the St Vincent's family practice center on the Riverside. This place used to be a Sprint dead zone roaming every time I came here. Now I get signal thanks to 1x 800 and band 41.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

I'm here at the St Vincent's family practice center on the Riverside. This place used to be a Sprint dead zone roaming every time I came here. Now I get signal thanks to 1x 800 and band 41.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Clear's B41 is awesome since a lot of their panels aren't housed on towers with Sprint panels. Really helps fill in the hard to reach spots between Sprint towers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Clear's B41 is awesome since a lot of their panels aren't housed on towers with Sprint panels. Really helps fill in the hard to reach spots between Sprint towers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I concur. And and 70+Mbps, who would complain! Riverside is bathed with Clear B41 and it is very fast.