Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Well I have picked up several 1x800 towers on the drive over, but no 1x800 or B26 off of the two Belleview towers. Bummer lol. Only able to hold a -104 to -106dbm 1x1900 signal where I am.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping B26 is better than what I've experienced so far. It's roughly the same dBm threshold as LTE 1900 in the locations I've been to. Strangely, my G2 will connect to B26 often when LTE 1900 is a faster speed and us stronger at times. Maybe it's just because they're rolling out right now.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I'm not understanding why B26 speeds are so low, especially compared to B25. Surely there are more devices accessing B25 than B26. I get the optimization part with regards to signal, but the speeds are much slower than I expected them to be, especially when compared to B25. Very strange.

I'm not understanding why B26 speeds are so low, especially compared to B25. Surely there are more devices accessing B25 than B26. I get the optimization part with regards to signal, but the speeds are much slower than I expected them to be, especially when compared to B25. Very strange.

My phone switched to b25 yesterday and I was averaging around 5-6 down at peak time at a very busy site. I didn't even get above 1 yesterday. But in the same site today on b26 just an hour ago I was getting around 14 down.... Really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About an hour ago at work I noticed I was stuck on 1x800 where I'd normally have a full 6 bars of band 25 LTE. Airplane mode wouldn't do anything and then for about 10 minutes, it'd latch onto a faint band 26 signal for a moment and drop back to 1x800. Suddenly, I had band 26 for about 10 minutes but it was really weak. Now I am back onto band 25 but it's about half normal strength. Looking like some upgrades are coming up.

Your parents must live far away from the nearest tower.

Actually on second glance there is 1x800 but the Ec/Lo is ridiculously high causing the Nexus to not grab it. Very odd.

Got B26 at the Arena today, but the signal was worse than B25 (not sure if they were coming from the same tower) and the speeds were terrible. The arena was packed and the baseball grounds were as well. B25 was much faster.

I was in Jacksonville for the US-Nigeria game at Everbank Field today and had a somewhat similar, flaky experience. My Nexus 5 even dropped to 1X a couple of times. On the other hand, I did get my first Band 41 sighting. Granted there were 50k+ at the game.

Definitely some band 26/41 eCSFB issues around here, particularly along I-295 on the Orange Park/Jax boundary; I also was having eCSFB fallback problems on band 26 on I-10 west of Osceola NF and most of I-75 south of Vienna (bleeding into the Panhandle and Georgia markets). Presumably the Nexus 5's radio just gives up if eCSFB isn't enabled on band 26, instead of trying to use band 25.

Funnily enough, Ericsson seems to have gotten eCSFB right around Macon for the most part (I just wish they'd not left all the 3G-only GMOs); I guess the crew up there actually knows what it's doing. Hopefully they'll send them south to fix Jax.

• Like 1

Your parents must live far away from the nearest tower.

Probably a mile and a half from the nearest one. I think poor downtilt is to blame, especially when the 1x800 is worse than the 1x1900.

.13 radio in LTE only mode is a very good performer.

One of the things I didn't like about that radio was that when losing b41 signal it would automatically drop down to 3g vs going to b25 or b26 when it's available.

Solution found. At the cost of no voice.

Or you can use .15 and only have no voice on eCSFB troubled sites lol.

Good stock solution though. I'm in belleview right by the water tower there is no band 26. :(

Or you can use .15 and only have no voice on eCSFB troubled sites lol.

Sounds like a long wait. Maybe not since band 26 is spreading like a plague.

I get b25 and b26 with no prob. Band 41 is a different story. Even with .13 I still wasn't receiving b41 like I thought I would.

My thinking was that the device would connect to b41 majority of the time and drop down to b25 and b26 when b41 is loaded.

What really happens is i'm on b25 most of the time. I'm connecting to b26 more and b41 probably 1% of the time even with this being a spark market.

Ocala just turned on 4 band 26 sites in 1 day

I get b25 and b26 with no prob. Band 41 is a different story. Even with .13 I still wasn't receiving b41 like I thought I would.

My thinking was that the device would connect to b41 majority of the time and drop down to b25 and b26 when b41 is loaded.

What really happens is i'm on b25 most of the time. I'm connecting to b26 more and b41 probably 1% of the time even with this being a spark market.

• Like 2

Been to almost every tower in Ocala and I can report almost every tower just started broadcasting band 26 over night. Down tilt needs work on some

That's kinda how it happened over here...well at least at the 1 site I have been to broadcasting b26. I'll take a short drive over to the UCF campus and see what I pick up later. It seems like down tilt needs to be adjusted here. I feel like  I should have a much lower dbm at less than a mile away from the site with relatively no obstructions...BUT, it is really good at penetrating buildings even on the higher dbm.