Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

The WiMax coverage in Jax was pretty good. I rarely used it because of the battery drain. I mainly used it when downloading big files and YouTube videos. I can't wait until my Nexus 5 receives Tri-Band update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The WiMax coverage in Jax was pretty good. I rarely used it because of the battery drain. I mainly used it when downloading big files and YouTube videos. I can't wait until my Nexus 5 receives Tri-Band update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yeah as soon as you Nexus 5 guys get your update, I plan to pick one up as a second Sprint handset, to go along with my iPhone 5, at least until the iPhone 6 comes out (which better be TriBand).

It sucks that we can't just switch SIM cards between phones without calling Sprint.

Anyone with Spark having issues almost the length of Atlantic Blvd. between the ocean and Monument?

I just got a new LG G2, coming from my SG3, and the data is horrible.  When I can reach a server to do a speed test, I'm getting around 1 down and .3 up.  Lose data a lot, and at the entrance to Sutton Lakes, I had no data or voice signal.

I got decent data at Atlantic and San Pablo, but other than that, no again until almost Southside Blvd.

Never had problems with my s3.  

Here's a speedtest from Atlantic and Kernan.  Pay no attention to the wifi signal at the top, it's a screen cap from an earlier test.

speedtest.png

Edited by thebes11

When I woke up this morning at 4:45 am I had no LTE connection and all through my morning shift I couldn't pick up LTE until about 8:15 am. I was literally across the street from 3 different towers that normally give me a strong -70 dBm signal, too. I wonder if something was getting updated or if there was a weird mini outage.

Not sure if you guys saw this or not, but according to Intel, Jacksonville is the number 1 most digitally dependent city in the US . Here are the top 10 cities:

http://m.jacksonville.com/slideshow/2014-02-10/survey-jacksonville-most-digitally-dependent-city-us#slide-1

http://www.intel.com/newsroom/kits/pcrefresh/holiday2013/pdfs/IDC_InfoBrief_Regional_Data.pdf

• Like 2

I never would have guessed, but that is interesting. Looks like Sprint had better get us our Spark. We are officially the most needy tech obsessed city in the country.

• Like 1

Are you the first one to find band 26 on this site? I'm not a premier sponsor, so I dont know if any was reported there with a speed test. Does Robert know?

No, but definitely the first one in Florida.

Well, I have finally gotten to experience b41 for the first time today. (Thanks to SpenceSouth) Its definitely widespread in Jacksonville. In my testing I averaged around 35-40Mbits per sec on the DL and about 11Mbit on the UL.

I'm using the Nexus 5 on older build modem so seems like my device only connects when in a b25 low signal area. Which for me is great b41 seems to fill in the holes pretty good.

With this three layered network Sprint is sure to win in coverage and speed. I went to some other forums earlier and all I saw was complaints. They must have never visited s4gru.

:-)

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4