inside sprint later

danielholt

anyone see the latest message on inside sprint now? anyone still want to give him "beer money"? FML.

The same thing could happen to us too. I intentionally never post documents that have Sprint copyright or confidential disclosures. And most Sprint documents do. So I avoid them like the plague.

Robert

• Like 1

maybe he could rename it from beer money to law defense fund, cause he might need it soon. rob i would expect at the very least a cease and desist, but you can hire a lawyer for $100 to respond and keep your site afloat, ive been down this road in other ventures.

• Like 1

the guy is going to get hosting overseas and keep the site going... (which is stupid).... heres a copy of sprints notice to him:

http://insidesprintn...t.html?spref=tw

Yeah, I read it earlier today. He cannot fight the request, because he would have to reveal his identity. And he would be terminated. Which makes you wonder why he'd do it. Eventually they are going to start giving out misinformation to small groups of people inside Sprint to start narrowing down when and where it pops out. You can smoke out a mole easily if you are looking for one.

Robert

it wasn't the galaxy 3 videos, it takes time to get a court order to shut a website down, and those videos were new.... it was the mass amounts of employee confidential information on his site, screenshots of terminals, inside bulletins... etc. he's a moron, he went about it all wrong. Sprint will get his ID when a court ordered IP address lookup gets results.

This site is different as messageboards are protected FOR THE MOST PART.

I really enjoyed his site, as I do this one, but I agree that he should not risk his employment over it.

Do you really think they will go that far if he goes away quietly?

I was talking about the two hours of videos from the lucent conference calls.

It doesn't take much to send out a DMCA letter especially when you have lawyers on the payroll. I can guarantee you they have them ready to go and just slap the name on them.

I figure those videos probably pissed them off but they really weren't Sprint. But it was talking about their network and contractor.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

it wasn't the galaxy 3 videos, it takes time to get a court order to shut a website down, and those videos were new.... it was the mass amounts of employee confidential information on his site, screenshots of terminals, inside bulletins... etc. he's a moron, he went about it all wrong. Sprint will get his ID when a court ordered IP address lookup gets results.

This site is different as messageboards are protected FOR THE MOST PART.

It's my understanding it is not a court order. It was just a written complaint from Sprint corporate counsel to WordPress. WordPress shut down the site in response to the complaint. WordPress then turned on their client and asked him to prove he did not infringe (when it should be the other way around). I believe WordPress also said they will allow him to re-set up his account if he removes the infringing documents and videos in question, or proves they are not in violation.

However, they are clearly in violation. He has posted documents that I have rejected to post because I saw the copyrights and passed on them.

Robert

Sprints money is bigger than beer money.

I laughed when I read this, because it is a funny quip. But it is a very true statement too. :cry:

Robert

Sprint most definitely has an easy way of figuring out who it is. I have seen Sprint Corporate Security at our store on several occassions for issues. Most of them were just scare tactics honestly to kick people back in line again, but there have been a couple times where terminations just about on the spot. Leaked internal information is taken extremely seriously at Sprint when it is stuff they don't want out there.

The fact ISN stayed active for so long means that they didn't really care about most of his stuff, probably because most was already info that was about to be released anyway, it wasn't worth persuing it since any Care rep may have given that info out over the phone anyway on accident since they already read it. Like before Any Mobile, Anytime was announced officially but Care had the info a few days in advance and it leaked out before the announcement through those channels.

Something he posted got their attention, and there probably isn't a way to save himself from it now. Everything is monitored, everything is tracked. I have seen it, EVERYTHING. haha

Working for a Sprint affialted company there have been plenty of times I want to post information and have to step back and say it's not worth it. Not worth losing my job, not worth the hassle and most definitely not worth the massive lawsuit that could ensue.

You guys sure aren't giving any of our sources any confidence with these posts. :td:

Robert

HUGE difference in structure.

You are a non-affiliated blogger vs. insidesprintnow which is an employee posting up info. Big difference between you getting info and reporting it vs. an employee reporting his own info.

It's like the separation of church and state.

I was talking about the two hours of videos from the lucent conference calls.

It doesn't take much to send out a DMCA letter especially when you have lawyers on the payroll. I can guarantee you they have them ready to go and just slap the name on them.

I figure those videos probably pissed them off but they really weren't Sprint. But it was talking about their network and contractor.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Without a doubt it was those videos.

I think it draws a pretty clear line in the sand what sprint will tolerate being leaked and what they wont.

anyone see the latest message on inside sprint now? anyone still want to give him "beer money"? FML.

As Darth vader would say 'I find you lack of faith disturbing"

the guy is going to get hosting overseas and keep the site going... (which is stupid)...

let me play Devils Advocate here, what if he does? Can they still go after him?

You guys sure aren't giving any of our sources any confidence with these posts. :td:

Robert

So true.

HUGE difference in structure.

You are a non-affiliated blogger vs. insidesprintnow which is an employee posting up info. Big difference between you getting info and reporting it vs. an employee reporting his own info.

That is true.

I think this guy should be applauded for doing customer service the way it should be done. He is not an idiot for trying to do a job Sprint hides from. I would give him money in a second to help his new site! You guys are crazy for saying he doesn't know what he is doing. He has had that blog site for I think two years but it could be a little shorter. He has always posted tons of cool Sprint info but it wasn't until the EVO LTE issue that his site started getting a huge amount of coverage and hits. I wish this site was more like his!

5th