Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

Just going by what sensorly is showing it looks like they add a tower once every couple of weeks. At that rate its going to take a while to complete. I know that's not the whole picture just the point of view from those of us who have no clue how the process really goes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There have been 4 sites that went live in the Tri Cities Region this week alone.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

There have been 4 sites that went live in the Tri Cities Region this week alone.

That's good to know. I guess I figured this conversation would turn into more about how long it actually does take to complete a buildout in any medium sized city. I know there are many variables but just in general

That's good to know. I guess I figured this conversation would turn into more about how long it actually does take to complete a buildout in any medium sized city. I know there are many variables but just in general

There is no answer to that question. The deployment is over the entire market. Not just one city. Each site is worked on the moment everything is ready. Looking at maps, it appears more like a shotgun approach.

Each city is done when it is done. There are no meaningful averages.

The LTE signals where I work in Nashville is becoming more consistant and stronger. I work in a building that is like a bunker so if I go to the middle of the building, I loose the LTE signal but kudos to those who are fine tuning the signals.

The LTE signals where I work in Nashville is becoming more consistant and stronger. I work in a building that is like a bunker so if I go to the middle of the building, I loose the LTE signal but kudos to those who are fine tuning the signals.

What part of town?

And I know the bunker type building. Because all the upper management at my work had nextels they luckily installed repeaters throughout the building.

• Like 1

I'm seeing more LTE on West End and Elliston near Vanderbilt, and Charlotte Pike in the Richland Creek area gets better every week.

I have had lte on west end pretty consistently over the past month each time I have been that way. Over where I work next to Belmont I am still waiting. Not an inch of 4g over that way yet.

• Like 1

I mapped more LTE on the west and north side of Chattanooga tonight along Amnicola hwy to hwy 153. There is a cell site at the interchange from Amnicola and 153. As I went East on 153 I quickly dropped back to 3g. I wish I would have thought to get the id from that site.

So what are the requirements for a site to utilize 800 MHz?

It has the equipment installed, and the spectrum available for use. It cannot be within the International Boundary Exclusion Zone. Some places in the U.S., Sprint has reduced SMR holdings (like the Southeast) and there they will only be able to deploy CDMA on 800.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I mapped more LTE on the west and north side of Chattanooga tonight along Amnicola hwy to hwy 153. There is a cell site at the interchange from Amnicola and 153. As I went East on 153 I quickly dropped back to 3g. I wish I would have thought to get the id from that site.

I have traveled to the sites on Sensorly in the Chattanooga area and I did not get any LTE signals at all. Of course, it was during the afternoon. But still no signal.

Is there any reason why it shows up on Sensorly and really when I physically go to these areas? I recorded a LTE signal when the first sighting of 4G in Chattanooga, but not since then. ...

I have traveled to the sites on Sensorly in the Chattanooga area and I did not get any LTE signals at all. Of course, it was during the afternoon. But still no signal.

Is there any reason why it shows up on Sensorly and really when I physically go to these areas? I recorded a LTE signal when the first sighting of 4G in Chattanooga, but not since then. ...

You are in a prelaunch market. Signals will come and go.

Seems like these guys working on the towers don't like to talk about things too much. Couldn't get much out of them.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

Yeah, it varies. I've had guys so nice, that they stop work and open plans and show me what's going on. Telling me where they've been and where they're going. And then others have chased me off and threaten to call the cops. And everything in between.

• Like 2

Drove to Corbin, Kentucky today. 3G speeds have improved along with cell reception, it used to drop off between the Tn/Ky stateline past Williamsburg, but I only had I drop call. 3G speeds (eHRPD) were over 1Mbps if not close.

Yeah, it varies. I've had guys so nice, that they stop work and open plans and show me what's going on. Telling me where they've been and where they're going. And then others have chased me off and threaten to call the cops. And everything in between.

Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. I wonder why some of them are so disgruntled.

Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. I wonder why some of them are so disgruntled.

Tower workers are just like the general population...some are friendly and some are just jerks. ;)

• Like 1

I've mapped the Dayton Blvd and 27.most of the time my phone doesn't automatically swap to 4g so I toggle airplane mode to connect to it. If I stay in the 4g area it will eventually connect but I usually just drive through the areas

Seeing a HUGE jump in 3G performance here. Speeds have been hovering between 100kbps and 300kbps for a looong time. (Since iPhone release) Noticed while I was out a couple days ago that my instagram was loading pretty fast so I decided to do a speed test and was happily surprised at the results. Tried streaming some ESPN Radio and it actually worked...lol...Things are getting alot better in Central VA.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2: Unlimited Edition.

Thats good news! The Richmond market has been somewhat stagnant since the WiMAX rollout, at least in my experience. This bodes well for the are. Next time I'm home, I may take a trek down to Williamsburg to try out LTE down there, which I guess is in the Hampton Roads market; they've built that out pretty well in such a short time if Sensorly is to believed.