Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

Did he say if they were on schedule or behind?

They are behind schedule with the snow from last week but he didn't say how far behind. When I caught him he was checking to see if they could work that day at that tower and was leaving to go check 2 more

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear they are out there working. The 3 or 4 visible towers I pass each morning are still without NV equipment. But, I also figure that is one of the last pieces to finishing a tower....

Hope they start turning some one very soon.

I've been told there's a tower or two in Farragut that is very close as well. This same person told me 4 months ago that work was going to start in Nashville and the tri-cities and then converge on Knoxville followed by Chatt. He's been accurate so far.

At the same place today off Harding and the 4g I am getting is EXTREMELY SLOW! Ran a speed test and was getting ~100 kbps down and the same up. Weird.

I have been receiving the same results in those areas during the last week -- frustrating to say the least...a Faux-G connection.

On the other hand, here is what I picked up in Bellevue last night:

HXcsoz4.jpg

Edited by somewon

I stopped and talked to a crew here at one of the Knoxville sites I've been watching 2 days ago and they are about to finish the back haul of that tower within a week weather permitting. The NV cabinet is already in place as is the cables running to it I couldn't see if the ruus were in place yet but he said his crews were almost done with quite a bit of towers within this area of North Knox. So hopefully within the next few weeks we hopefully might see some of these towers coming online.

PM me the Site ID or location and I will mark it In Progress. Thanks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Was able to map out Kingsport and Church Hill today. 4G speeds were pretty impressive.

Kingsport

351032461.png351032647.png351032843.png351033236.png

Church Hill

351066017.png351066898.png351067078.png351067422.png

I think Sprint is blocking the LTE signal around Morristown and the Jefferson City exit.

I had to toggle airplane mode on my EVO to finally connect but I never could get my girlfriends evo to connect which is odd. She has the White evo and I have the black one.

They are behind schedule with the snow from last week but he didn't say how far behind. When I caught him he was checking to see if they could work that day at that tower and was leaving to go check 2 more

With all the ice here right now, it'll likely slow them down a bit more.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

I had to toggle airplane mode on my EVO to finally connect but I never could get my girlfriends evo to connect which is odd. She has the White evo and I have the black one.

I tried the toggle method and my phone jumped from 1xRTT to eHRPD but never to LTE, I have the black evo also. I will try again tomorrow.

I tried the toggle method and my phone jumped from 1xRTT to eHRPD but never to LTE, I have the black evo also. I will try again tomorrow.

That's what her white one was doing that day

I have been receiving the same results in those areas during the last week -- frustrating to say the least...a Faux-G connection.

On the other hand, here is what I picked up in Bellevue last night:

HXcsoz4.jpg

I have still yet to get anywhere close to those speeds at any spot I have been in. Was just over on west end and was getting 2.5 down and 1 up. Still better than 3g which at my house has been as slow as 19 kbps down. Still waiting for 4g in the Belmont area.

Had to drive all over southern TN today. Tullahoma and Lynchburg have very weak 3g. Once I got to Fayetteville I was roaming or worse no signal at all. Was like that until I got to shelbyville city limit. At the sign I went from roaming 1 bar to full bars 4g. Been mapping on sensorly for 20 minutes. Ran a speed test and got 24 mb download and 10 up! Headed back to murfreesboro and still have 4g.

• Like 1

Earlier today on Fox Business, the Chattanooga mayor was on about how our city is really high tech with one of the fastest Internet connection in the state with EPB. It's hard to believe that because Sprint still hasn't been able to get 4G service to the area. That is really sad.

Earlier today on Fox Business, the Chattanooga mayor was on about how our city is really high tech with one of the fastest Internet connection in the state with EPB. It's hard to believe that because Sprint still hasn't been able to get 4G service to the area. That is really sad.

Chattanooga is in Sprint's Nashville market. Which is under deployment now. Chattanooga is in the second round of deployment over much larger cities. I don't think that's sad at all.

• Like 2

Robert, thank you for the reply and the information. I appreciate it.

Being a loyal customer of Sprint (I have had been with them since October 1998), I guess it's one of those situations when I have been waiting for them to upgrade its network for many, many years, as their competitors has already upgraded their network. My patience is getting worn too thin.

Furthermore, I have traveled twice after the rollout to Atlanta, and I don't see consistent 4G coverage throughout the city. More often, there isn't coverage than there is.

Robert, thank you for the reply and the information. I appreciate it.

Being a loyal customer of Sprint (I have had been with them since October 1998), I guess it's one of those situations when I have been waiting for them to upgrade its network for many, many years, as their competitors has already upgraded their network. My patience is getting worn too thin.

Furthermore, I have traveled twice after the rollout to Atlanta, and I don't see consistent 4G coverage throughout the city. More often, there isn't coverage than there is.

Atlanta is still under deployment. Sprint is upgrading their entire network. Every switch, every site, every piece of equipment and hardware. It is a 2-1/2 year program, that will most likely end up being 3 years. It is the largest scale network project in one single under taking in American history.

The scope is much, much larger than Verizon's LTE deployment but will be done in the same amount of time. For those of us who do this kind of work for a living, the amount of planning and work being completed within this time frame is mind blowing.

When complete, Sprint will have the newest network from coast to coast on every site. LTE just about everywhere 3G is now, plus in a few places that never received 3G, like rural Nebraska, Indiana and Pennsylvania.

In your area, you are nearing rock bottom. But soon it will start getting better and better every week as each site gets upgraded. It is darkest before the dawn.

• Like 1

Seems that most of murfreesboro is covered now. There are still spots that aren't covered but it seems I am seeing more 4g than 3g. Its nice when I am moving around town. I even had 4g in lascassas as well as about halfway to woodbury just a few minutes ago.

Wish Nashville would catch up, but I am hopeful it will be covered soon. I am seeing 4g pop up in different areas of town. Just not in the Belmont area where I work unfortunately.

• Like 1

Atlanta is still under deployment. Sprint is upgrading their entire network. Every switch, every site, every piece of equipment and hardware. It is a 2-1/2 year program, that will most likely end up being 3 years. It is the largest scale network project in one single under taking in American history.

The scope is much, much larger than Verizon's LTE deployment but will be done in the same amount of time. For those of us who do this kind of work for a living, the amount of planning and work being completed within this time frame is mind blowing.

When complete, Sprint will have the newest network from coast to coast on every site. LTE just about everywhere 3G is now, plus in a few places that never received 3G, like rural Nebraska, Indiana and Pennsylvania.

In your area, you are nearing rock bottom. But soon it will start getting better and better every week as each site gets upgraded. It is darkest before the dawn.

Robert, thank you again for your prompt reply. I sense that you reply faster than the Sprint representatives when any one of the customers use *2 on their phone. I appreciate the update, and the full explanation of the process of what the network is doing to get the 4G coverage.

Edited by NichLTONO
  • Like 1

That's what her white one was doing that day

Went to Kingsport the other day, still was not able to connect to 4G around Jeff City, was able to connect around the Morristown and Greeneville exits. Also I was able to connect to 4G in Kingsport without having to toggle my phone.

I'll be heading up to Sylva NC from Knoxville in the morning I'm gonna see if Newport and areas down I40 have any lte that hasn't been mapped yet.

I got phantom LTE signals the other day driving through there, hope you get better results.

I got phantom LTE signals the other day driving through there, hope you get better results.

No luck towards Newport but I did pick up 4g coming back 1 mile from the 81 40 split and at mile marker 411 to almost 408 I tried to get a mapping on sensorly but before the 81 split it quit mapping for some odd reason and I couldn't restart the mapping. I uninstalled it and redownloaded it so next week in my trip up that way I should be able to get a mapping unless you beat me to it. Also on a different note the new update for the evo grabbed that connection at the Dandridge exit with no problems this morning and held it till the split on my way up.

• Like 1

See a lot work being done on some towers in Athens TN but not sure if they are Sprint or US Cellular since both are scheduled for upgrades in the area. The 101.7 FM radio station tower is now a cell cite and I assume it's US Cellular since there old tower has been next to the big radio station tower for many years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ddaniels3968