Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

I mapped out some more area in Greeneville, it is showing in Sensorly now. Also near Jeff City, 4G is showing up, I don't know if I mapped that or not, since my phone was showing 3g but LTE Discovery was saying LTE.

Did you grab a speed test there off 417? I'll be out there Wednesday morning to check this if not. Keep hoping to see some in Knoxville come online soon I can tell its getting closer
  • Like 1

This is likely due to the weak LTE signal strength you are receiving.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

It was similar a bit earlier with a stronger signal. Nonetheless, they are working closer to my area and it will likely improve as they get more towers up and everything tweaked.

Did you grab a speed test there off 417? I'll be out there Wednesday morning to check this if not. Keep hoping to see some in Knoxville come online soon I can tell its getting closer

I didn't realize that I-81 was showing 4G until I was in Greeneville, I took the back way home. I may head up that way tomorrow. I will try to do a speed test near 417.

Greeneville, TN

345715436.png345715854.png345716669.png345717010.png

That whole area over there definitely needs it. Most of those areas have had only 2g for the longest time. It'll be nice when I'm taking trips to the tri cities that I'll have a good data connection soon.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

• Like 2

GPS listing from LTE Discovery for a LTE signal

36.06200387, -83.39780471 - Near I-40 I-81 interchange

36.02434078, -83.47071834 - Near Asheville Highway on I-40(Jeff City) Showing in Sensorly

36.0085004, -83.5270977 - Near Exit 412 on I-40

That whole area over there definitely needs it. Most of those areas have had only 2g for the longest time. It'll be nice when I'm taking trips to the tri cities that I'll have a good data connection soon.

It is exciting to consider the areas that will be going from 1x only to LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 3

Kingsport seems to have better 3G speeds than Bristol or Johnson CIty. Rogersville also has pretty decent speeds. Morristown is kinda weird, near downtown the speeds are ok, off the interstate you may have better luck with smoke signals. Elizabethon doesn't seem to have had any work done yet. Nor Jonesborough.

Kingsport seems to have better 3G speeds than Bristol or Johnson CIty. Rogersville also has pretty decent speeds. Morristown is kinda weird, near downtown the speeds are ok, off the interstate you may have better luck with smoke signals. Elizabethon doesn't seem to have had any work done yet. Nor Jonesborough.

I know my 3g speed here in knoxville has dropped from about 1.4 to .60 the last 2-3 weeks I'm hoping that is a good sign for tower upgrades in progress.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I know my 3g speed here in knoxville has dropped from about 1.4 to .60 the last 2-3 weeks I'm hoping that is a good sign for tower upgrades in progress.

What part of town is that, mine has been fluctuating a lot, but I figure that the sun was out or that there is tower work being done.

What part of town is that, mine has been fluctuating a lot, but I figure that the sun was out or that there is tower work being done.

The tower I'm connected to is the one on Hutchinson Dr next to channel 10. There is equipment and pulleys on site that has been there about 3 weeks. It's a multi site so not sure if it's att or sprint working there right now. But all the equipment is on and around the sprint cabinets.

I connected to LTE and ran a Sensorly speed test at the Marathon Village in Nashville on Saturday. I don't remember the numbers, but don't think I was particularly impressed. I lost LTE as we walked away from the Corsair Distillery near I-40 towards Marathon Musicworks at the other end of the Village.

Edited by Longstride

I connected to LTE and ran a Sensorly speed test at the Marathon Village in Nashville on Saturday. I don't remember the numbers, but don't think I was particularly impressed. I lost LTE as we walked away from the Corsair Distillery near I-40 towards Marathon Musicworks at the other end of the Village.

Sensorly speed tests don't always seem to match up to Speedtest.net's speed test app. I would recommend the Speetest.net, if you must do a speed test. Running too many speed tests... great way to bog down network resources.

Sensorly speed tests don't always seem to match up to Speedtest.net's speed test app. I would recommend the Speetest.net, if you must do a speed test. Running too many speed tests... great way to bog down network resources.

I noticed the server sensorly uses is the same one no matter where I go, possibly it could be bogging down the server if a good amount of people are doing speed tests..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed the server sensorly uses is the same one no matter where I go, possibly it could be bogging down the server if a good amount of people are doing speed tests..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

He is talking about bogging down the Sprint network. Everytime you do a speedtest it uses a good amount of the bandwidth that is available to all the users connected to that sector. So when you want to test speed you should just do one speedtest sparingly.

He is talking about bogging down the Sprint network. Everytime you do a speedtest it uses a good amount of the bandwidth that is available to all the users connected to that sector. So when you want to test speed you should just do one speedtest sparingly.

Well, that wasn't my main point. It could be that the Sensorly server is overloaded and that's why it always appears to be slower.

However, I do agree that speed tests should be done sparingly.

• Like 2

Bit better today, near Murfresboro Road and Bell Road intersection. Almost 3mb down and 5mb up.

I am over on harding today and I get 4g here. It kicks on right before Antioch pke going towards the airport. Getting between 4 and 6 mb down and about 1.5 up. First 4g I have had in Nashville.

Wasn't able to connect to 4G around Jeff City, got a singal for about a second around Morristown, but I was able to map out White Pine, which was a surprise.

349886809.png349886334.png

Was able to map out Kingsport and Church Hill today. 4G speeds were pretty impressive.

Kingsport

351032461.png351032647.png351032843.png351033236.png

Church Hill

351066017.png351066898.png351067078.png351067422.png

I think Sprint is blocking the LTE signal around Morristown and the Jefferson City exit.

• Like 1

At the same place today off Harding and the 4g I am getting is EXTREMELY SLOW! Ran a speed test and was getting ~100 kbps down and the same up. Weird.

It's been up and down all week since I started getting 4g near home and work. Haven't been near Harding/I24 since the weekend as I have been on vacation all week. I'll check it out more come Monday.

I stopped and talked to a crew here at one of the Knoxville sites I've been watching 2 days ago and they are about to finish the back haul of that tower within a week weather permitting. The NV cabinet is already in place as is the cables running to it I couldn't see if the ruus were in place yet but he said his crews were almost done with quite a bit of towers within this area of North Knox. So hopefully within the next few weeks we hopefully might see some of these towers coming online.

• Like 3

I stopped and talked to a crew here at one of the Knoxville sites I've been watching 2 days ago and they are about to finish the back haul of that tower within a week weather permitting. The NV cabinet is already in place as is the cables running to it I couldn't see if the ruus were in place yet but he said his crews were almost done with quite a bit of towers within this area of North Knox. So hopefully within the next few weeks we hopefully might see some of these towers coming online.

That's great to know. North knoxville definitely needs it.

Did he say if they were on schedule or behind?