Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

I grabbed 4g on McCallie Ave in Chattanooga this morning but not sure what going on with it. Once min I was connected the next u wasn't and some of the places already mapped I couldn't get a signal even using LTE Discovery. When I was connected the speed test was horrible I was lucky to get 1mbps at times and 3g was faster. I'll be back down there tomorrow and Thursday and see if things change this week. It's already on sensorly if you wanna check it out.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I grabbed 4g on McCallie Ave in Chattanooga this morning but not sure what going on with it. Once min I was connected the next u wasn't and some of the places already mapped I couldn't get a signal even using LTE Discovery. When I was connected the speed test was horrible I was lucky to get 1mbps at times and 3g was faster. I'll be back down there tomorrow and Thursday and see if things change this week. It's already on sensorly if you wanna check it out.

Sounds like me when I was attempting to get a signal around the Jeff City exit.

• Like 1

Sounds like me when I was attempting to get a signal around the Jeff City exit.

yeah i was coming through the ridge cut and had it for a min then it went out and came back then out again. i havent sen it since. someone else said they got it at target in hixson also

I am just wondering where you are noticing LTE in Chattanooga, please.

It's around McCallie Ave and just north of there. And you can sometimes pick it up just past Germantown Rd on 24W

It's around McCallie Ave and just north of there. And you can sometimes pick it up just past Germantown Rd on 24W Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

i went through the ridge cut again today and didnt get any 4g like i did the 10th. i wasnt connected long enough to see performance.

i went through the ridge cut again today and didnt get any 4g like i did the 10th. i wasnt connected long enough to see performance.

Check out Sensorly, I think the Ericcson crew is using that app to toy with us.

There are two LTE sites accepted complete in Chattanooga. Both are on the north side of the river. You can view the locations on our maps in the Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you all for the details and the area where there was signs of 4G in Chattanooga.

I decided to visit the sight at McCallie & Spruce mid-afternoon. The speeds were intermittent, at best. I did a speedtest and received 2.00 Mbps download and .10 Mbps, the best out of the few that I tried.

I realize with all the Network Vision improvements, it'll be a while before we have any consistent speed from Sprint. I hope it is quicker than I anticipate.

After reading the GMO post from today i'm a little worried that some of the sites in Knoxville will have this option. Looking at this picture of the Ericsson GMO picture I've seen some sites around town that have the same type of grating used to hold the GMO RUUs laying on the ground not put together yet.

After reading the GMO post from today i'm a little worried that some of the sites in Knoxville will have this option. Looking at this picture of the Ericsson GMO picture I've seen some sites around town that have the same type of grating used to hold the GMO RUUs laying on the ground not put together yet.

There are not many GMO sites in the Nashville market. I think all site in the Knoxville area are full build sites. AT&T also uses Ericsson, and has the same RRU's and base station cabinets.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

There are not many GMO sites in the Nashville market. I think all site in the Knoxville area are full build sites. AT&T also uses Ericsson, and has the same RRU's and base station cabinets.

That's good to know I haven't quite been able to donate enough for the premier sponsor status hopefully that will be soon. You all deserve all the donations possible for all the help you give and bring to the user's here.

Looks like the Ericcson crew is making their way around the Bristol area, this is almost like a game of Where is Waldo.

The Abingdon area has 4g now, just in the town limits though (or most I should say). I got 19mbps d/l right in the middle of town tonight.

Edited by Hammer

Yea it's only one month till the race's at Bristol so they are going to need that network up and going by then since Sprint is the main title sponser for the nascar cup series

At the rate they get things done, it will be a miracle if they have decent 4g service for the race. But I hope they do though.

Not bashing Sprint or any of the contractors and I have no clue how long it takes to do one tower but the progress in eastern Tennessee is very slow. Tennessee was one of the most progressive states to bring broadband internet to rural areas so I wouldnt think backhaul is the problem here

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not bashing Sprint or any of the contractors and I have no clue how long it takes to do one tower but the progress in eastern Tennessee is very slow. Tennessee was one of the most progressive states to bring broadband internet to rural areas so I wouldnt think backhaul is the problem here

In my opinion, compared to other similar areas, deployment in Eastern Tennessee has been going fast.

In my opinion, compared to other similar areas, deployment in Eastern Tennessee has been going fast.

Just going by what sensorly is showing it looks like they add a tower once every couple of weeks. At that rate its going to take a while to complete. I know that's not the whole picture just the point of view from those of us who have no clue how the process really goes.