Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Here's what Durango and Racel looks like.

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/805/20130417122441.jpg/

Awesome. Thanks for posting. They must have started working before the permit was issued.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Let's hope they flip the switch sooner they we think.

i think it soon my i phone 5 is slow right now i can even get to the google page i think have drop about 7 calls in 2 day which is not normal also i check the speed and slow maybe they are working on it as we speak.

i think it soon my i phone 5 is slow right now i can even get to the google page i think have drop about 7 calls in 2 day which is not normal also i check the speed and slow maybe they are working on it as we speak.

I don't know how soon is soon. I haven't seen any permits for back haul. It seems the same thing has happened in the San Bernardino/Riverside market. 3 months of 3G upgrades and then finally the 1st 4G site went live. We are just now getting to the end of 3 months since the first full build site was accepted in Vegas, but I still don't see any wide scale deployment of back haul. It's so odd. And there are between 15-20 different fiber carriers that run hubs thru Vegas, with Cox and Century Link being the main carriers thru the valley.

I don't know how soon is soon. I haven't seen any permits for back haul. It seems the same thing has happened in the San Bernardino/Riverside market. 3 months of 3G upgrades and then finally the 1st 4G site went live. We are just now getting to the end of 3 months since the first full build site was accepted in Vegas, but I still don't see any wide scale deployment of back haul. It's so odd. And there are between 15-20 different fiber carriers that run hubs thru Vegas, with Cox and Century Link being the main carriers thru the valley.

i work retail and there a sprint rep that comes in she 1st said mid june and then came in and said early may but what i find odd is sprint has not put out the list where vegas is listed on there website as coming soon. i wonder when they are going to make the announcement.

i work retail and there a sprint rep that comes in she 1st said mid june and then came in and said early may but what i find odd is sprint has not put out the list where vegas is listed on there website as coming soon. i wonder when they are going to make the announcement.

I think we could start seeing large scale LTE deployment in Vegas by June, and maybe an official announcement by July/August, with final completion by next Spring. But there are still too many variables.

We may see the first LTE site go live by May, but even she probably hasn't been told anything, and she is just making guesses.

I just got the first acceptance report from the Vegas market of an LTE site. The site at the 215 Beltway North and N Jones Blvd was accepted today! I don't see any blips on Sensorly, yet. But if any of you discover a signal up there on the north side of the Valley, be sure to let us know. This looks like the beginning of LTE firing up in the Vegas market.

I'm kind of surprised the first one was not in Kingman or Havasu.

Robert

• Like 4

I just got the first acceptance report from the Vegas market of an LTE site. The site at the 215 Beltway North and N Jones Blvd was accepted today! I don't see any blips on Sensorly, yet. But if any of you discover a signal up there on the north side of the Valley, be sure to let us know. This looks like the beginning of LTE firing up in the Vegas market.

I'm kind of surprised the first one was not in Kingman or Havasu.

Robert

The city just accepted this site late last week for building permit completion. I wonder if there aren't any backhaul permits at all.

The city just accepted this site late last week for building permit completion. I wonder if there aren't any backhaul permits at all.

In most places, backhaul work does not need to be permitted if it stays within existing easements and does not require a new electrical connection.

Robert

In most places, backhaul work does not need to be permitted if it stays within existing easements and does not require a new electrical connection.

Robert

That answers that question. If it's lit up and active, then my estimates were wrong. I'm excited.

I would guess that Sprint has been upgrading backhaul. Specifically in downtown I have noticed a definitive change in service. In building penetration is of course still low, but using the Root Metrics app for speed tests from my office I have consistently seen 1.0mbps down/up this last week on 3G. Two weeks ago I generally saw about 200kbps down and 0.8mbps up.

By the way, I am using a Galaxy Nexus.

• Like 1

Decided to stop by this cell site that I can see from my back balcony. I've never seen any work being done on this site, but it does appear to have been worked on at some point. Located on St. Rose Parkway & Bermuda.

20130424_150635.jpg

20130424_150611.jpg

20130424_150546.jpg

So none of the sites located on the Strip are upgraded right? I'll have to bring my WiMax hotspot when I'm in Vegas at the end of May?

Sprint must be having a hard time for permits on the few actual towers along the Strip. They've been avoiding them entirely. I'm sure the County is more picky about it along that road because it appears that most work along the Strip has been DAS since I started looking at permits.

Sprint must be having a hard time for permits on the few actual towers along the Strip. They've been avoiding them entirely. I'm sure the County is more picky about it along that road because it appears that most work along the Strip has been DAS since I started looking at permits.

Which makes it tougher for tourists like myself who will be flying in at the end of May for a week.

I'll be there next week and let you know how the speeds are in and around the strip. I'll be at Bally's and M Resort. Last I was there, I think signal wasn't as great near there but I'll see. Maybe there will be a sudden rush to upgrade over the weekend. lol

I'll be there next week and let you know how the speeds are in and around the strip. I'll be at Bally's and M Resort. Last I was there, I think signal wasn't as great near there but I'll see. Maybe there will be a sudden rush to upgrade over the weekend. lol

I think the GMO tower by the M is upgraded. Hopefully back haul is in place.

Anyone had a chance to check out that LTE tower in the north? Still not seeing it on Sensorly and was wondering.

Most of our Vegas people are on the southeast side of the valley in and around Henderson. There is one person in the northwest, but I don't know if he's gone to check it out or not. It's possible the backhaul isn't hooked up yet, but everything else is ready to go and that's why it's 4G accepted. Hopefully soon things will change in the Vegas Market.

Most of our Vegas people are on the southeast side of the valley in and around Henderson. There is one person in the northwest, but I don't know if he's gone to check it out or not. It's possible the backhaul isn't hooked up yet, but everything else is ready to go and that's why it's 4G accepted. Hopefully soon things will change in the Vegas Market.

I guess the northwest isn't a popular place to live huh? :) I can't wait to be there next week. Hoping to be surprised with fast speeds. :P

I guess the northwest isn't a popular place to live huh? :) I can't wait to be there next week. Hoping to be surprised with fast speeds. :P

It's not so much that as that there aren't as many members from Vegas yet. I try to get people in Vegas actively involved when I'm there. But I just don't know very many nerds in the Vegas area.

It's not so much that as that there aren't as many members from Vegas yet. I try to get people in Vegas actively involved when I'm there. But I just don't know very many nerds in the Vegas area.

You calling me a nerd? lol