Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Anyone had a chance to check out that LTE tower in the north? Still not seeing it on Sensorly and was wondering.

Yeah I had some free time after getting dismissed from jury duty earlier than I thought this morning so I bit the bullet and made the trek up there. I can verify that LTE is indeed active on that site:

picsay-1366994493.jpg

Screenshots_2013-04-26-08-14-03.png

Screenshots_2013-04-26-08-13-37.png

I turned on Sensorly so hopefully it will show up on there sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

Yeah I had some free time after getting dismissed from jury duty earlier than I thought this morning so I bit the bullet and made the trek up there. I can verify that LTE is indeed active on that site:

picsay-1366994493.jpg

Screenshots_2013-04-26-08-14-03.png

Screenshots_2013-04-26-08-13-37.png

I turned on Sensorly so hopefully it will show up on there sooner rather than later.

You are so awesome! Thanks for going up there! :D

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

My pleasure! :tu:

Now it's time for me to start an LTE serving cell spreadsheet in the sponsors area. It's time to have some fun!

• Like 2

With no verifications, I was starting to get worried. Thanks for the update. This is exciting!

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

You are so awesome! Thanks for going up there! :D

Boy that is slick! Can't believe I'm actually seeing LTE in the Vegas Valley!! Yahooooo; BTW, Josh I resemble being tagged a NERD; that's only for my wife and besides who ever heard of a 65 year old NERD!!
  • Like 4

Boy that is slick! Can't believe I'm actually seeing LTE in the Vegas Valley!! Yahooooo; BTW, Josh I resemble being tagged a NERD; that's only for my wife and besides who ever heard of a 65 year old NERD!!

Did you mean resent, cause i think a few of us resemble nerds.

Noun

• A foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious: "one of those nerds who never asked a girl to dance".
  • An intelligent, single-minded expert in a particular technical discipline or profession.

In conclusion, most of us will fit the bill in someway.

I'm hoping there will be more 4g by the time i head out there this summer?

There is Las Vegas purple on Sensorly tonight! But it disappears if you zoom in too close.

Hey,watch it! I am 65. I am a nerd. And darned proud. So there!

• Like 1

I stay up tropicana and monte vista I have send a email to dan@sprint.com due to having really slow 3G speed they went and call me back open a ticket to see what was going on. Wait it 3 days this guy call me from sprint and he told me the 3 towers near me where as we speak on service for lte upgrade he also say the tech told him the everything will be done by July. At least on my area so I can't wait let me know what u guys no my near towers are Nellis and boulder,95 and flamingo as well as tropicana and boulder here is a pic I took a while back went tech was on the tower at boulder and Nellis post-9442-1367059356464_thumb.jpg

I stay up tropicana and monte vista I have send a email to dan@sprint.com due to having really slow 3G speed they went and call me back open a ticket to see what was going on. Wait it 3 days this guy call me from sprint and he told me the 3 towers near me where as we speak on service for lte upgrade he also say the tech told him the everything will be done by July. At least on my area so I can't wait let me know what u guys no my near towers are Nellis and boulder,95 and flamingo as well as tropicana and boulder here is a pic I took a while back went tech was on the tower at boulder and Nellis ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367059358.715483.jpg

The Nellis and Boulder tower has been 3G complete for a while now. As far as we know, they are waiting for backhaul to be connected before enhanced 3G speeds and LTE can be turned on. We are hoping for soon. Not sure about the location of the Trop and Boulder tower, is that the one by English Ave? If so, then Sprint has already accepted it as 3G complete. If you can check that one out and get pictures we can add it to the spreadsheet. And for the one at 95 and Flamingo, no permit has been pulled for it yet. Hopefully soon.

Interesting. It wasn't me as I didn't turn on Sensorly until I got to the site. I also see that someone mapped a spot at Eastland Ranch Ave & Jones.

I saw that spot too. However, I think I can explain the North 215/95 strip of LTE. The 215 overpasses the 95 there giving whoever was mapping a direct shot to the tower on Jones.

Also, if you zoom in close enough, there is another spot on Azure Drive west of where you turned onto Jones. The spot is just west of Dartle St.

Ironically, we moved last year (March) from basically exactly next to the tower at the North 215 and Jones intersection to up near Hualapai and Farm road...would be nice to be sitting under that LTE signal right now! :-)

• Like 1

Ironically, we moved last year (March) from basically exactly next to the tower at the North 215 and Jones intersection to up near Hualapai and Farm road...would be nice to be sitting under that LTE signal right now! :-)

This sounds like my luck. I'm glad to see others are afflicted with my condition. Misery loves company. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I expect that LTE will start spreading fast in the next few weeks as more sites go live. If you donate and become a Sponsor, I have a map in the Sponsors section that lists all the permits that Sprint has pulled for tower upgrades in the whole Vegas Valley. As for your local tower, I do not have permit information for that tower yet.

I saw that spot too. However, I think I can explain the North 215/95 strip of LTE. The 215 overpasses the 95 there giving whoever was mapping a direct shot to the tower on Jones.

Also, if you zoom in close enough, there is another spot on Azure Drive west of where you turned onto Jones. The spot is just west of Dartle St.

I drove up there last night an tested the LTE goodness myself. I tried from Azure drive and a road north of the 215 by a golf course. I tested each location with Root Metrics and Sensorly. Couple weird issues I noticed. Sensorly's speed test app constantly showed a 5000+ ms response time for pings, and a couple of my Root Metrics tests failed on the download. Don't know what to make of either observation, just putting it out there.

I took screenshots, but seem to have issues embedding them into this message. I don't post of forums usually, so please forgive my incompetence. ;)

I drove up there last night an tested the LTE goodness myself. I tried from Azure drive and a road north of the 215 by a golf course. I tested each location with Root Metrics and Sensorly. Couple weird issues I noticed. Sensorly's speed test app constantly showed a 5000+ ms response time for pings, and a couple of my Root Metrics tests failed on the download. Don't know what to make of either observation, just putting it out there.

I took screenshots, but seem to have issues embedding them into this message. I don't post of forums usually, so please forgive my incompetence. ;)

That's ok. If you have dropbox, upload the photos there, and just post the links into your posts. It makes it easier.

And speedtest.net by ookla is better for speed tests.

https://www.dropbox....jois/4jt80EbncX

I don't use SpeedTest because of the built-in ad software.

Thanks for the pics.

I see why your Sensorly speed test was way off on ping. It's using an Amazon server in Northern California.

Also, have you ever used the LTE Engineering Screen. Dial *#*#33284#*#*, enter 777468 in the prompt, and then Tap on LTE Engineering, then you can look up the LTE serving Cell ID number. We are now going to start mapping Cell ID's to each tower as they go live. I will be adding it to the Las Vegas Permits Map section in the Sponsors Forum in the next few days.