Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

I thought others said the 169 serving cell offset was found to be only an Ericsson thing?

I think we determined that the 169-offset worked on Errickson, but did not work on Samsung. I don't think anyone commented on Alcatel/Lucent.

Grabbed some screen captures using the LTE Engineering screen, I think I saw two different signals, one further up on both Decatur and Jones around Grand Teton drive, the other of course by Jones/215.

Is there anything I need to redact off of these images that would be personal information related to my phone?

I also turned on sensorly in passive mode, but I don't see any 4G mapped up by Grand Teton.

Oh your company participates in Corporate Challenge too? Lol, my company always tried to recruit me to sign up for some events. After three or four years of me saying no to everything they finally gave up. :lol:

Yeah, but for some reason they only ask me to participate in corporate challenge events involving firearms. :rolleyes:

Grabbed some screen captures using the LTE Engineering screen, I think I saw two different signals, one further up on both Decatur and Jones around Grand Teton drive, the other of course by Jones/215.

Is there anything I need to redact off of these images that would be personal information related to my phone?

I also turned on sensorly in passive mode, but I don't see any 4G mapped up by Grand Teton.

Each site has two or three sectors. Each sector has a different Site ID. So each site will have two or three Site ID's. So it may have been the same site, or it could be another one.

You Las Vegans should start a Cell ID tracking sheet like is being done in other markets. It will help you determine new sites and site locations.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Each site has two or three sectors. Each sector has a different Site ID. So each site will have two or three Site ID's. So it may have been the same site, or it could be another one.

You Las Vegans should start a Cell ID tracking sheet like is being done in other markets. It will help you determine new sites and site locations.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I did start one. So far we only have the one sector id that rawvega posted from his screenshot.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

When you find 4g, open the app, hit map trip and start. It will stay open in the background and keeps your screen on while you are mapping. On the details screen you should see it uploading the points periodically.

I don't use the passive mode as I prefer to map when I want.

Also the points can take up to 24-48 hours to render on to all the zoom layers.

Sent from my little Note2

Here are two of the LTE Engineering screencaps from this morning, I hid the IMSI incase it was information that could be used to identify my handset.

https://www.dropbox....q04m/Hx9ljZs5Cs

Thanks to you, I think we just found our proof that Alcatel Lucent could be doing 169 separators for Sector ID's.

Your pics say 197 and 366, a separation of 169.

There is one super annoying bug on the Galaxy Nexus LTE Engineering screen, and that is that it places that extra number of 51515 in the serving cell ID and pushes everything else down 1 line.

• Like 1

When you find 4g, open the app, hit map trip and start. It will stay open in the background and keeps your screen on while you are mapping. On the details screen you should see it uploading the points periodically.

I don't use the passive mode as I prefer to map when I want.

Also the points can take up to 24-48 hours to render on to all the zoom layers.

Looks like the data is now showing up for the Grand Teton Dr area on Sensorly. I picked up the signal originally driving south on Decatur before Grand Teton (full bars). The signal can be picked up all the way up and down Grand Teton between Jones and Decatur. I lost this signal before driving down to Jones and the 215. Is this a different cell tower broadcasting LTE, or can the tower off Jones and the 215 broadcast that far?

Looks like the data is now showing up for the Grand Teton Dr area on Sensorly. I picked up the signal originally driving south on Decatur before Grand Teton (full bars). The signal can be picked up all the way up and down Grand Teton between Jones and Decatur. I lost this signal before driving down to Jones and the 215. Is this a different cell tower broadcasting LTE, or can the tower off Jones and the 215 broadcast that far?

Not sure. I'm trying to figure that out myself. Is the tower taller than most of the houses in the area? And how are the trees in the area? Dense, sparse? The only other way to tell is to go to the LTE engineering screen at Grand Teton & Decatur and get me a screenshot of the sector ID. Then we will know for sure.

Not sure. I'm trying to figure that out myself. Is the tower taller than most of the houses in the area? And how are the trees in the area? Dense, sparse? The only other way to tell is to go to the LTE engineering screen at Grand Teton & Decatur and get me a screenshot of the sector ID. Then we will know for sure.

I will see if I can get back up there tonight. Any suggestions for managing screenshots of the LTE Engineering screens and location? Maybe I will just use google maps and work off of screen cap order and time stamp. I will use sensorly to 'map trip' and see what that turns up.

I will see if I can get back up there tonight. Any suggestions for managing screenshots of the LTE Engineering screens and location? Maybe I will just use google maps and work off of screen cap order and time stamp. I will use sensorly to 'map trip' and see what that turns up.

Managing screenshots? As in for posting? Dropbox is good, other photo sharing sites. Whatever you prefer and is easiest.

Managing screenshots? As in for posting? Dropbox is good, other photo sharing sites. Whatever you prefer and is easiest.

No, just for managing coordinates of where the screencap occurred. I just kicked over to maps and grabbed a screenshot after it narrowed in on my location. After grabbing the 3 around the 215 and Jones tower I went north on an LTE signal hunt, and lo and behold, 106! I lost it shortly after I grabbed the screenshot, makes me wonder if they are working on new towers because the solid signal I had coming down Decatur yesterday was quite a bit different today. After snagging the 106 screencap, I swear I saw something like 407 pop up, but I was unable to get another capture before I lost the signal. But I kept driving around the area with sensorly mapping the trip, we will see what the maps show.

https://www.dropbox....tutg/dUDZ0XdIGt

EDIT: Wow, sensorly is already showing where I drove. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

If that is just one site... It looks like someone with a Gnex already polluted up the map. Sheesh..

I really hate that phone with a passion and wish Sensorly would ban that phone from the maps. Think I might send this example to the dev for him to look at.

If that is just one site... It looks like someone with a Gnex already polluted up the map. Sheesh..

I really hate that phone with a passion and wish Sensorly would ban that phone from the maps. Think I might send this example to the dev for him to look at.

ZQ8Sonoma does have a Galaxy Nexus. :(

But he did find a 2nd tower with serving cell 106. Now to find the tower.

ZQ8Sonoma does have a Galaxy Nexus. :(

Ohh the pain. I hope it works out for you guys. We had 2 or 3 in New Orleans and all of them crashed and burned making many scars on the map. One part of the Vegas area looks just like that. The radio gets a good 4 bar deep purple track going then it falls on its face and keeps reporting full signal the entire time it is mapping the signal even though the signal is fringe.

Ohh the pain. I hope it works out for you guys. We had 2 or 3 in New Orleans and all of them crashed and burned making many scars on the map. One part of the Vegas area looks just like that. The radio gets a good 4 bar deep purple track going then it falls on its face and keeps reporting full signal the entire time it is mapping the signal even though the signal is fringe.

Sounds like this could have happened. The solid purple up and down Decatur was about what I saw on Sunday, but yesterday when I went to map it the same singal wasn't there, likewise the solid signal I had up and down Grand Teton before wasn't there.

I will uninstall Sensorly from the Nexus, is it just poor radio performance? I know the CDMA Nexus has 'Franken Radios' not optimally paired with Sprints' network, but I wouldn't assume that it would improperly map solid purple where little to no signal exists because of that.

I drive that way once a week to pick up my daughter from the in laws and ran a speed test off of elkhorn and decatur using ookla and results were ping/73ms upload/2.56mbps and download/9.16mbps. Next time I head that way I will turn on sensorly now that ive downloaded it. What else would you like me to gather?

I drive that way once a week to pick up my daughter from the in laws and ran a speed test off of elkhorn and decatur using ookla and results were ping/73ms upload/2.56mbps and download/9.16mbps. Next time I head that way I will turn on sensorly now that ive downloaded it. What else would you like me to gather?

Keep track of serving cell id numbers. What kind of phone do you have?

Keep track of serving cell id numbers. What kind of phone do you have?

an htc one, would i type in that same prompt that was posted earlier to obtain that information?