Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Last time I was by there it looked like whole bunches of unconnected cables up near the top of it (that was a couple weeks ago and I just glanced over from the freeway).

Also at the Clovis and Ashlan site, all the work vehicles are still there, they have been there since Wednesday and they are there very late at night and early in the morning so I'm not sure they aren't camping out there working overnight and through the day (which has to be brutal in the heat!). Not sure if they are working on sprint or t-mo as there is equipment for both up there. Seems like they must be doing something major as they have spent this much time there. VERY STRANGE! 

Edited by Mikeclar

IMAG0540.jpg

Been there for five days now, including all weekend. I can't believe there is a guy up on that platform in this heat with no shade, gotta be brutal up there. Can't hardly see him from this photo, even zoomed in but he's up there! KUDOS to him. It was 96 degrees up there when I took this around 4:00 pm today. 

It appears they are securing some cables that are hanging down from above to the pole, he moves down a couple feet and attaches the cable, been at it all day but finally took a skate over to where I could get this photo. There was a huge truck blocking the view from the McDonalds parking lot (Clovis ave at Ashlan btw) 

Hopefully this is for Sprint and not related to the new Tmobile hardware they just added to the top rack, looks like the cables were coming off the second rack but it's kind of hard to tell?

Yep, it sure is. It has been unsheathed like that for about a month; I'm fairly sure the new hardware is in place on the ground but the new antennas aren't up yet. There are new cables in the rung below the existing antennas, however.

Thanks for the confirmation! I thought it was something like you said. That's all I'd seen so far. They're out there again today, though they've either stopped or taken a break. There's something I hadn't seen up there now. Not the antennas, may be some of the cables - but they're hanging loose? Not sure. Definitely is nice to see something being done though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Wishful Thinking

This is the shaw/168 flagpole as of two days ago. I haven't seen them out there since. It looks the same as before, so I figure they must have needed a break (ha). Anyone know why they work on it for an hour or two, then stop til the next day (or next, or next)?

Anyway, still nice to know it's being worked on. This is long overdue in our area. I'm holding out til we get 4g mostly cause I've been with Sprint way too long to switch just before they get it running. Glad I found this forum or I mighta jumped ship to T-Mobile already. Even the little bits of news here were enough to keep me interested in Sprint. Always much better than the "I see it says 'next 3 months' for your area" that you get from employees lol.

Thanks for all the updates guys (and girls)! Please excuse the picture quality and the dirty window lol.

post-36452-140804571109_thumb.jpg

Edited by Losaltosstudios
  • Like 2

This is the shaw/168 flagpole as of two days ago. I haven't seen them out there since. It looks the same as before, so I figure they must have needed a break (ha). Anyone know why they work on it for an hour or two, then stop til the next day (or next, or next)?

Anyway, still nice to know it's being worked on. This is long overdue in our area. I'm holding out til we get 4g mostly cause I've been with Sprint way too long to switch just before they get it running. Glad I found this forum or I mighta jumped ship to T-Mobile already. Even the little bits of news here were enough to keep me interested in Sprint. Always much better than the "I see it says 'next 3 months' for your area" that you get from employees lol.

Thanks for all the updates guys (and girls)! Please excuse the picture quality and the dirty window lol.

attachicon.gif download_20140812_091643.jpeg

Thank you for posting that. The other day I drove by there to go tint a house, and when I realized that was a Sprint site, it was too late for me to take a pic.

• Like 1

It has new antennas. They looks imilar to the old ones at first glance.

The flagpole does? I thought T-Mobile was the top, Sprint was second. If that's the case there doesn't seem to be any antennas at the moment, just revealed wiring - unless they've added something since this morning (or I'm just mistaken).

Sprint is the only carrier on that tower. The antennas that are up there now are new, I can assure you.

Tmob is on the industrial technology building (aka, the dungeon) on the CSUF campus. AT&T has two sites on campus; one is a monopine over near the dorms and the other is a standard monopole over near the police station, and VZW is on the water tower. AT&T also has a site on the south side of shaw near Don Pepe's.

God I need a new hobby.

• Like 2

Sprint is the only carrier on that tower. The antennas that are up there now are new, I can assure you.

Tmob is on the industrial technology building (aka, the dungeon) on the CSUF campus. AT&T has two sites on campus; one is a monopine over near the dorms and the other is a standard monopole over near the police station, and VZW is on the water tower. AT&T also has a site on the north side of shaw near Don Pepe's.

God I need a new hobby.

It's my mistake. I was thinking of Ashlan and Clovis site for some reason. I drive by the flagpole daily. I should know it's alone there lol. Long day. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Oh, Sprint is definitely on the bottom of the Ashlan / Clovis site. The new antennas in the top rack don't look familiar to me, but the old setup was classic TMob so who knows what they're up to.

HOT! HOT! HOT!

XXX UPGRADE ACTION! 

Peach and Dakota.

Should just drop by and say Hi.  Maybe ask them which sites they working on next.   ;)

If they can do the one on McKinley by the airport it will make for a nice big cluster that can be launched.

That may make way too much sense but we can hope! You'd really think they'd want to have LTE at the airport and that would do it! Make a nice first impression on the visitors anyway! LOL! 

Edited by Mikeclar
  • Like 1

anyone know why LTE is no longer getting upgraded in the rest of Bakersfield because while I get killer LTE at home I get poor LTE in almost all spots around down East side there is hardly any LTE & parts of the South West same issue just don't see anyone working on towers any more thanx for all help

anyone know why LTE is no longer getting upgraded in the rest of Bakersfield because while I get killer LTE at home I get poor LTE in almost all spots around down East side there is hardly any LTE & parts of the South West same issue just don't see anyone working on towers any more thanx for all help

The east side of BK has some non-LTE accepted towers. Don't bother looking for any tower work at this point; the LTE portion of the upgrades can be done on the ground. Soonish, though, the B41 deployment will begin. This will incur more tower work to hang the new goodies. I know Clovis and Visalia already have B41 permits working through the system.

In other news, I found another upgraded site in Fresno today. Thank god my new employer pays for all of my gas...

• Like 3

Waiting on backhaul.

Robert

The east side of BK has some non-LTE accepted towers.

It also just brought back Chicken Fries.

AJ