Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

I see that the tower at 1401 Caldwell in Visalia had a Sprint permit filed on 4/26/13. The description contains the magic words:

INSTALL 2 NEW EQUIP. CABINETS, 3 NEW PANEL ANTENNAS, AND MISC EQUIP.

Yeah buddy. One of my clients is directly beneath that tower.

Is that the one just down the rd from Walmart?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Is that the one just down the rd from Walmart?

Aren't they all? ;)

The new Walmart is in the old Costco building, so the Walmart is near the tower, lol.

• Like 1

I'm not a walmart shopper, but it's the one just east of Mooney on Caldwell. North side of the street.

There is no tower on the north side of Caldwell. It's on the south side of the street behind a house. It's easily visible from Costco there.

Yeah, you're right.

I watch that tower like a hawk, plus the one by Akers and the 198, and the one in back of Visalia Hyundai off Ben Maddox near main st.

Giving directions in the central valley based off walmart locations is as futile as directing people using mcdonalds as a landmark.

"take a right on the mcdonalds, then pass two mcdonalds, when you get to the fork in the road, with a mcdonalds on either side, take a soft right, youll see mcdonalds in the distance"

Phone went into roaming last night for no reason. Was like that for half an hour or more. I will go check the tower by Akers & Cypress in Visalia sometime today and see if there is anything new. I'm pretty sure that Sprint position on that tower would require a hot-swap of the panels, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll try to dig up an old pic I have floating around of it.

Here it is. I know that at&t is the top rung because I saw them working on it not long ago, and the RRU's are consistent with an at&t installation (1 RRU per sector in small markets):

2012-07-18%2018.48.17.jpg

The eastern end of Visalia has zero data service right now. I noticed it this morning when I was out near Farmersville, but it's no better here near Martha's Vineyard.

Hopefully this is worthwhile.

The eastern end of Visalia has zero data service right now. I noticed it this morning when I was out near Farmersville, but it's no better here near Martha's Vineyard.

Hopefully this is worthwhile.

If you meant Mary's Vineyard, I'm there right now getting lunch at Taco Bell and using data right now, however, ping times are 900ms+. The tower by me usually pushes 1Mbps down even in the afternoon, but today it's slow.

Hurr, yeah that's what I meant. I was dead in the water most of the day yesterday; eventually I was able to do a speedtest via the tower off Ben Maddox but like you said the latency was high (1100-1200 ms) and the speeds were like .04/.01. The tower on Caldwell and the one on walnut seemed to be operating normally.

Talked to my mom on the phone (Clovis), her call kept dropping and she says the living room is now "roaming".

Might have to get her an airave. At my dads house (Massachusetts) his nearest tower has been "in progress" for well over a year, so we had to get an airave for him.

Also, when I was in Fresno two weeks ago, speeds were abysmal.

Im talking 18 down 2 up.

.....and that not mb!

I think I could have opened a webpage faster via telegraph.

I been trying to get a update from fresno permits but had no luck since my insider is on vacation ....... But i think sprint is not really gonna cover fresno untill the beginning of next year due to to all the issues they were having with the city with cell tower requirements ...... but i hear Sprint is gonna cover the lower central valley fast  just not Fresno since fresno thinks there too good lol  

As u can see the tower is covered up where u cant see the antennas that what fresno is asking to be done so idk if citys in the lower central valley are asking the same

Visalia has perfectly normal towers and only 2 of those flag pole funny towers, but they are both T-Mobile. But I also know their permitting can take a while from start to finish because the city is so over burdened with work it's not funny.

Is one of those flagpole towers on the north side of Caldwell at Linwood? I'd always wondered whose tower that was.

Off the top of my head there's only one Sprint flagpole site in the Fresno/Clovis area, and that's the one on the east side of the 168 between Shaw and Willow.

Is one of those flagpole towers on the north side of Caldwell at Linwood? I'd always wondered whose tower that was.

Off the top of my head there's only one Sprint flagpole site in the Fresno/Clovis area, and that's the one on the east side of the 168 between Shaw and Willow.

Yes, one of them is that tower! The other one is around the corner from the church at Douglass and Chinowth in someone's back yard.