NYC LTE updates?

enyce9

I am waiting too, but I was in the Throgsneck area and got a Wimax 15mbs down today....I can't wait to see what LTE offers

We post an updated map in the Sponsors forum every week showing the latest Network Vision sites to go live, including in the NYC market. An example of the latest map is below:

gallery_1_1_57883.jpg

Robert

I saw this map, and I am anticipating the release However; I wont be getting a Phone until after the SGIII drops so I can Choose between that and the EVO LTE. Who ever has the best radio is going to get my hands wrapped around it. LOL The one tower that's near 95I am guessing is in the Parkchester area of the Bronx ware in January I received over 1mb up and down on 3G. Phonedog has a review of the SGIII that has my attention not withstanding the specs of 1.9 ff camera 2gigs of ram, and possiblr better radio on paper.....SGIII looks promising!

Looking at the map' date=' am I correct by saying that no 4g upgrades have been completed yet?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

In the NYC market, Sprint is not reporting any of the NV complete sites yet are broadcasting LTE. However, we did receive a report that a member was able to connect to LTE in the Jersey cluster around Freehold/Marlboro.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Thanks Robert, I live in lower Westchester county, just north of the Bronx, and have noticed improved 3g data speeds, in areas. Can't wait for LTE :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys, I live in Brooklyn. I have the EVO lte. while I used to see an average of 800kb for 3g on my Samsung, Now I get 1.3-2 mbps . I'm not sure if its the EVO or the nv. In any case how come we barley see new Yorkers writing about sprint in New work?

Hi guys, I live in Brooklyn. I have the EVO lte. while I used to see an average of 800kb for 3g on my Samsung, Now I get 1.3-2 mbps . I'm not sure if its the EVO or the nv. In any case how come we barley see new Yorkers writing about sprint in New work?

Its not just new York people talk bad about sprint all the time. Yeah the other carriers may have more coverage in more places but I only need my phone to work in my city and cities I vacation in. I've tried other carriers but sprints price to performance works for me. Anyway with network vision your going to see a major improvement in speeds and signal strength

Thanks u guys. I just thought its weird how nyc is one or biggest sprint markets yet the shortest thread.

I guess for now will just enjoy the NV.

Can't wait for LTE to put my beast phone to serve me.

I just did a speed test, I got 1820 down and 911 up.

What's funny is I did the test in Brooklyn and the tower is from Clifton NJ. I wonder what I would get in NJ.

Sorry I'm a New here, Is there a way to upload a picture on this site?

• Like 1

Thanks u guys. I just thought its weird how nyc is one or biggest sprint markets yet the shortest thread.

I guess for now will just enjoy the NV.

Can't wait for LTE to put my beast phone to serve me.

+1

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What's funny is I did the test in Brooklyn and the tower is from Clifton NJ. I wonder what I would get in NJ.

We do not host members pictures. But if you hosted it somewhere else, you can add the photo to your post using the image button above the text box and entering the URL of the photo. Also, if you use Tapatalk or ForumRunner apps, they will host your photos for you and you can upload them through the app and attach in your posts.

Robert

We do not host members pictures. But if you hosted it somewhere else' date=' you can add the photo to your post using the image button above the text box and entering the URL of the photo. Also, if you use Tapatalk or ForumRunner apps, they will host your photos for you and you can upload them through the app and attach in your posts.

Robert[/quote']

Thank you,

I have the paid forum runner and it wouldn't give me the option, only by other forums.

Thank you,

I have the paid forum runner and it wouldn't give me the option, only by other forums.

For me, if hit reply to a post, there are three buttons at the bottom of the text box using Forum Runner. Attachments is the middle one.

Robert

For me' date=' if hit reply to a post, there are three buttons at the bottom of the text box using Forum Runner. Attachments is the middle one.

Robert[/quote']

Interesting, I just tried again.

On xda it gives me the option and on S4GRU it only gives me send or cancel.

I'll try to reinstall it or if not ill try the link option.

I just did a speed test' date=' I got 1820 down and 911 up.

Sorry I'm a New here, Is there a way to upload a picture on this site?[/quote']

http://db.tt/xRXNTmXm

• Like 1

The server hosting the speedtest session is in Clifton, NJ not the tower you are connected to.

The server hosting the speedtest session is in Clifton' date=' NJ not the tower you are connected to.[/quote']

Thanks for the info, I guess I don't fully understand how it goes from server to tower. I'll maybe read on it a lil. Any suggestion were to read?

Interesting' date=' I just tried again.

On xda it gives me the option and on S4GRU it only gives me send or cancel.

I'll try to reinstall it or if not ill try the link option.[/quote']

I tried the same thing and I got the attachment option on xda but I don't get it here. Perhaps it is a permissions issue. Since Robert is an administrator his permissions level on the forum side allows attachments via this interface.

I think that may be the reason Robert sees it and others don't.

As for the NY thread, well Robert has mentioned that the reports coming for NYC are slow, but that does not mean work isn't being done here in the city.

As for NY'rs hating sprint, I've always have advocated sprint and have no issues whatsoever with their service, signal, plans etc.

And while its true that my main line is now on AT&T its only because Sprint doesn't have the Note. Even with the Note, on AT7T, i keep it connected to my Sprint Tri-Fi.

Once LTE comes to the city, not only will this thread pick up but you will see quite a few folks coming back to Sprint from the other carriers that are gauging their customers left.

TS

• Like 1

I tried the same thing and I got the attachment option on xda but I don't get it here. Perhaps it is a permissions issue. Since Robert is an administrator his permissions level on the forum side allows attachments via this interface.

I randomly get the attachment button in forum runner pro, haven't figured out the trick yet

Edit in: it has to be a permission thing. I have the attachment button in Interactive Maps and Sponsor forums, but no where else that I've spot checked.

Robert can you comment?

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

Edit in: it has to be a permission thing. I have the attachment button in Interactive Maps and Sponsor forums' date=' but no where else that I've spot checked.

Robert can you comment?

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner[/quote']

I can confirm this. Well, not can, I am confirming this.