Sprint to pay ETFs for a limited time

No_name

Very uncarrier of them.......

Basically after you get your final bill, you go to the promo website and upload your bill. Then a few weeks later you get a visa with up to $350 per line.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 18

Great I can see T-Mobile trying to sue over color infringement now -_- but I see this as purple, and a good thing to increase customer numbers

• Like 1

This is nice, might make filling my Framily a lot easier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My question to the resident Sprint store employee gurus on that would be, just to be clear, would people taking advantage of this be allowed to join an existing Framily, or would they be required to start their own?  I only ask because of the wording used:  'Requires Framily activation and registration'.   Maybe that just means joining any Framily, but without knowing the inner workings of things, that could potentially be interpreted either way.

• Like 4

My question to the resident Sprint store employee gurus on that would be, just to be clear, would people taking advantage of this be allowed to join an existing Framily, or would they be required to start their own? I only ask because of the wording used: 'Requires Framily activation and registration'. Maybe that just means joining any Framily, but without knowing the inner workings of things, that could potentially be interpreted either way.

All that means is you need to activate a new line on to a framily plan and then register on the website with your final bill.

• Like 7

Great I can see T-Mobile trying to sue over color infringement now -_- but I see this as purple, and a good thing to increase customer numbers

I can see them trying, but it's just Marketing ... Heck, I know a particular shipping company that started a division like the one I work for and went to market with a color (and name) very similar to ours. We've since changed our color ... Haha. Anyway I completely agree its good to see them get aggressive to take market share. And with the rapid expansion of LTE recently, they may be able to do it.

I can see them trying, but it's just Marketing ... Heck, I know a particular shipping company that started a division like the one I work for and went to market with a color (and name) very similar to ours. We've since changed our color ... Haha. Anyway I completely agree its good to see them get aggressive to take market share. And with the rapid expansion of LTE recently, they may be able to do it.

Yeah but they got their way with AIO. They are like a teachers pet. Their uncarrier acts of recent backfired, but they got scared and reversed what they wanted to do. It is evident they are bleeding money, and are having trouble making it by, so Suing over a color might be their only way :P. I am glad to see something aggressive regarding getting new people, this and a free galaxy tab is a pretty good deal!

• Like 1

Yeah but they got their way with AIO. They are like a teachers pet. Their uncarrier acts of recent backfired, but they got scared and reversed what they wanted to do. It is evident they are bleeding money, and are having trouble making it by, so Suing over a color might be their only way :P. I am glad to see something aggressive regarding getting new people, this and a free galaxy tab is a pretty good deal!

lol, we'll they wouldn't be the first German-based company to fail in the U.S. Market (DHL anyone?) But, like DHL, T-Mobile and their parent, Deutsche Telekom, do quite well globally. Of course, domestic shipping is a different beast than wireless telecom. Our government seems to be entertaining the same merger and acquisition philosophy with wireless carriers as they have with airlines ... They seem to want a handful of competitors and that's it ... Even though that never benefits the consumers. (Look at cable for an example there)

Nice I've been needing some incentive for my friends to switch back. I've slowly been planting the seeds... So hopefully two will bite at this...

• Like 1

How does this work if you're switching from a no contract plan (but still pay for the device separately like Att Next)?

My cousins are looking at getting cheaper cellular service but they just switched to att next. It'll be a nightmare once they decide to upgrade a single line.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

How does this work if you're switching from a no contract plan (but still pay for the device separately like Att Next)?

My cousins are looking at getting cheaper cellular service but they just switched to att next. It'll be a nightmare once they decide to upgrade a single line.

Sent from my LG-LS980

If you are financing your phone, then sprint will pay up to 350 of the remainder balance of the installment

• Like 1

And people are already complaining of the color...It looks lo me like a purple. And this is just an employee Memo...

Mike Sievert's been tweeting the pics from this post

https://twitter.com/SievertMike/status/451881968301379584

As has Legere. Naturally, his little band of lemmings have responded in predictable fashion.

Regardless of their antics, I'm curious as to whether Sprint is not requiring people who take advantage of this offer to buy (or finance) a new handset from them? Obviously you can't use another company's handset with Sprint (except perhaps a Nexus 5). However, you can get a relatively cheap one off of Craigslist, eBay, etc.

What's to stop people from just using this, for example, to go from AT&T to VZW or vice versa with a 90 day stop at Sprint in between?

T-mobile simply requires you to buy a phone from them to get the ETF offer. A friend of mine moved from VZW to T-mo and bought a $65 flip phone which was apparently the cheapest thing they had. And earlier in the year T-mobile was promoting the fact that AT&T users could get their ETF paid off, come to T-mo to try the service and if they didn't like then just switch back to AT&T and basically be nothing out of pocket.

Since Sprint is copying the ETF offer, Im sure they will at least require a device purchase to complete the ETF deal with them.

Does this work for people that are currently sprint customers with a contract? Since I want to just break out of mine to take advantage of the framily plan without paying the 15$ monthly switch to it with a contract

Does this work for people that are currently sprint customers with a contract? Since I want to just break out of mine to take advantage of the framily plan without paying the 15$ monthly switch to it with a contract

You only pay the $15 if you bought a contract phone after Jan 10th. You can also get out of your contract and get a phone with easy pay this whole month.

• Like 2

You only pay the $15 if you bought a contract phone after Jan 10th. You can also get out of your contract and get a phone with easy pay this whole month.

Thanks maybe I'll switch to the new plan!

I love it. Everyone "copies" other ideas in this industry. Like when magenta started device subsidies; the others soon followed. Magenta started the contract buyout. Now, Sprint is doing it for a limited time. It's great. The consumers win when these corporations battle.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk