•  

Photo

How to Spot Sprint Antennas and RRUs (Samsung)

Network Vision Sprint Samsung RRU remote radio units antennas

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 austintyppo

austintyppo

Member Level: Smoke Signals

• S4GRU Member
  • 7 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy Note 4
  • LocationStockton, CA

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

This one is Sprints. Note the RRUs are the same ones in the first post of this thread and the antennas have 6 RF jumper ports. 

Whose are 

This one is Sprints. Note the RRUs are the same ones in the first post of this thread and the antennas have 6 RF jumper ports. 

Whose are the other ones?

ATT, Verizon, Tmobile.. ie. the other 3 that services the area. 

#142 awsum gam3r

awsum gam3r

Member Level: 1x Advanced

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy S5 baby
  • Location46808

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

upgraded cabinet On the left(from the one's in the picture), what ever is in this one.

mjsi9z.jpg

Posted Image B) B) B)

#143 RAvirani

RAvirani

Cali Swag

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Not Telling
  • LocationProbably by the food (the food is in Seattle)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

I don't know much about physical antennae but was a bit curious as to how the connectors at the bottom of the antenna were organized. From what I understand, NV panels have 4 PCS ports and 2 SMR ports. Why those numbers specifically? Why couldn't they just have 1 PCS and 1 SMR port?

#144 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,671 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Pixel 5", Nexus 7 (2013) & 9 (2014), GS8, GS7, iPad Air 2
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

I don't know much about physical antennae but was a bit curious as to how the connectors at the bottom of the antenna were organized. From what I understand, NV panels have 4 PCS ports and 2 SMR ports. Why those numbers specifically? Why couldn't they just have 1 PCS and 1 SMR port?

MIMO.

You need multiple antennas. Standard nowadays is 2T2R which requires two separate transmit and receive oaths at the eNB and UE.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#145 RAvirani

RAvirani

Cali Swag

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

MIMO.

You need multiple antennas. Standard nowadays is 2T2R which requires two separate transmit and receive oaths at the eNB and UE.

Ok so PCS: 2 ports for LTE, 1 port for EVDO/eHRPD, 1 port for 1x; SMR: 2 ports for LTE...what about 1x800?

#146 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Ok so PCS: 2 ports for LTE, 1 port for EVDO/eHRPD, 1 port for 1x; SMR: 2 ports for LTE...what about 1x800?

The transmit path is shared.

#147 RAvirani

RAvirani

Cali Swag

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

The transmit path is shared.

Why doesn't Sprint do that on PCS? If they shared the transmit path there, they could do 4x4 without a second antenna…

#148 JWMaloney

JWMaloney

Member Level: eHRPD

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus S 4G
  • LocationShreveport, LA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

Why doesn't Sprint do that on PCS? If they shared the transmit path there, they could do 4x4 without a second antenna…

The RRH has a limit to the number of carriers that can share a transmit path. For example, the Ericsson RRUS 35 supports a maximum of two LTE and six CDMA carriers simultaneously, but no more than 4 carriers can share any single transmit path. So to run the maximum number of carriers, you'll have two LTE and two CDMA carriers on one set of paths and four CDMA carriers on the other set.

There's actually a site in Central, Lousiana that does run 4x4 MIMO with a single RRH and antenna, but it's only running one LTE carrier and presumably no more than 3 CDMA carriers.

EDIT: I just noticed this was in the Samsung thread, so perhaps someone who is more familiar with that equipment could offer more details about its specific limitations.
<p><span style="font-size:10px;">Framily is full, thanks guys!</span>

#149 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

The RRH has a limit to the number of carriers that can share a transmit path. For example, the Ericsson RRUS 35 supports a maximum of two LTE and six CDMA carriers simultaneously, but no more than 4 carriers can share any single transmit path. So to run the maximum number of carriers, you'll have two LTE and two CDMA carriers on one set of paths and four CDMA carriers on the other set.

There's actually a site in Central, Lousiana that does run 4x4 MIMO with a single RRH and antenna, but it's only running one LTE carrier and presumably no more than 3 CDMA carriers.

EDIT: I just noticed this was in the Samsung thread, so perhaps someone who is more familiar with that equipment could offer more details about its specific limitations.

It's a similar deal with all of sprints dual rat equipment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Network Vision, Sprint, Samsung, RRU, remote radio units, antennas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users