Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I was thinking the same thing. I got decent roaming service up there, but nothing on the lake at all. Edit: I got roaming service on the lake, but it was completely unusable.

I changed my prl to a corporate one and I get 3g roaming, it helps a lot

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I changed my prl to a corporate one and I get 3g roaming, it helps a lot

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I might have to do that when I go back up there. 1x was pretty miserably slow. Which one did you use?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

That's not the worst. There's more to come.

Anyone wanna go get the Natural Bridge and Kingshighway or Tandy Park 3 digits right now?

I would. I would just be cautious as I'm out there.  :lol:

Ok... KTRS just said phone Internet service in the dome for the Rams game was impossible. They didn't say what carrier, so how was Sprint service?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Ok... KTRS just said phone Internet service in the dome for the Rams game was impossible. They didn't say what carrier, so how was Sprint service?

I was there for a preseason game and it was horrible. I was lucky to have 3G coverage at all. 

I-64 and Mason

The SCID that is on the spreadsheet is not correct. 

SCID I got at that location was 0561E403

3 Digit SCIDS - 83, 252, 421

I will upload the pictures when I get home from work. Did a little mapping also.

• Like 1

I was there for a preseason game and it was horrible. I was lucky to have 3G coverage at all. 

I get nothing on LTE but my wife was able to get decent enough WiMax. The guy next to me had Verizon and he couldn't get any service either. Not sure about any other carrier. I was told it had more to do with the dome design than the actual cell providers. 

I-64 and Mason

The SCID that is on the spreadsheet is not correct. 

SCID I got at that location was 0561E403

3 Digit SCIDS - 83, 252, 421

I will upload the pictures when I get home from work. Did a little mapping also.

Ya, from time to time the sheet is not correct. We don't know why. Maybe there are additional sites that will be added. There could also be sites that were deactivated after 2012 like the 1 of the 2 sites at Ranken.

Hmm... maybe I'm not. What is the best way? An app, such as Signal Check?

Yes that is what I use. Stock phones show 3G or was it 1x... signal strength even when on LTE.

Stock usually differentiates between 3G and 4G.  I believe they have combined 1x and 3G under the 3G symbol though.  

Stock usually differentiates between 3G and 4G.  I believe they have combined 1x and 3G under the 3G symbol though.  

Well it seems your info differs from what I have read here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Hmm... maybe I'm not.  What is the best way?  An app, such as Signal Check?

Yes, that's the easiest way. Android phones (except LG) do not show your 4G, or 3G for that matter, connection strength in bars. The bars only represent your 1x strength. To see your LTE signal strength, you need to either look at your engineering screens, or use an app such as Signal check. A very good LTE signal is greater than -85dBm RSRP. A moderate signal is -85 to -100dBm. A poor signal is -105dBm or less. If you are seeing -85dBm or better, it's a pretty good bet that one of the sites nearest you is active.