Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Wimax on Galaxy S2 - Rock Road and N. Hanley Road

LTE earlier today at the same location this time on a Galaxy 4S. LTE comes and goes.

Not sure why LTE is slower than WiMax. Perhaps because it is still being tweaked? Half the time LTE fades in and out. Ended up using the S2 most of the day because the WiMax is so much faster and a lot more reliable.

Most likely it is overburdened because normally you would be served by a closer site and more people are being served with this sector/site. Once it is all done we should see averages in the 6-8MB range and peaks of up to 40MB.

Wimax on Galaxy S2 - Rock Road and N. Hanley Road

LTE earlier today at the same location this time on a Galaxy 4S. LTE comes and goes.

Not sure why LTE is slower than WiMax. Perhaps because it is still being tweaked? Half the time LTE fades in and out. Ended up using the S2 most of the day because the WiMax is so much faster and a lot more reliable.

It could be overburdened like Lilg said, or it could be you just had a weak signal. Did you check the engineering screen when you took that test? If the signal was anything less than -105dBm, that's a fairly normal speed. Once you get better than -105dBm, that's when speeds start to approach and go over 10Mbps.

Most likely it is overburdened because normally you would be served by a closer site and more people are being served with this sector/site. Once it is all done we should see averages in the 6-8MB range and peaks of up to 40MB.

It could be overburdened like Lilg said, or it could be you just had a weak signal. Did you check the engineering screen when you took that test? If the signal was anything less than -105dBm, that's a fairly normal speed. Once you get better than -105dBm, that's when speeds start to approach and go over 10Mbps.

Thanks guys. Truthfully I really don't need to understand because this stuff is way over my head anyway. :)

Funny thing is after all this complaining I did, I found out I am being transferred downtown soon anyway!

Thanks guys. Truthfully I really don't need to understand because this stuff is way over my head anyway. :)

Funny thing is after all this complaining I did, I found out I am being transferred downtown soon anyway!

Downtown doesn't have a whole lot either.

I would say Red Stick before i would say donut.

Betting on donut myself but we will never know unless someone has a spectrum analyzer.

To be honest I bet our Red Stick sites were really donut sites all this time. We just didn't know how to diagnose it until now.

Fusion tables is stuck in the loading data screen. No way to cancel it and its been 20 minutes. Map is down until further notice.

Edit: found a workaround...its back up.

Data is non-existent at my house. I went out on a food run for Me and the Misses after the kiddos went to bed... and got nothing in a square between Dale Ave. & Manchester, Big Bend & Hanley.

Couldn't get Google to load, couldn't send a text, nothing.

Data is non-existent at my house. I went out on a food run for Me and the Misses after the kiddos went to bed... and got nothing in a square between Dale Ave. & Manchester, Big Bend & Hanley.

Couldn't get Google to load, couldn't send a text, nothing.

You get that MiFi set up yet?

21 & concord seems to be active LTE now.

I drove by there and was gettting -70's lte. Didn't get any scid's sorry.

Also mapped out a bunch of streets in south city/county area that hadn't been hit yet.

You get that MiFi set up yet?

Activating this morning. I've gotta call Sprint CS about the lack of service at the house/neighborhood last night, so I'll also activate.

21 & concord seems to be active LTE now.

I drove by there and was gettting -70's lte. Didn't get any scid's sorry.

Also mapped out a bunch of streets in south city/county area that hadn't been hit yet.

Been accepted for about 3 weeks now.

Really wondering what's the hold up for Cottleville 2. RRU's have been up a month already.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RRU's went up in Bethalto 2 months ago.

Work being done in Godfrey at the site off Montclair... 

We have 2 trucks from AMF at site and it looks like they are working inside the cabinets.  Not sure if this is work on LTE or not but thought I would pass it along.

• Like 2

Fusion tables is stuck in the loading data screen. No way to cancel it and its been 20 minutes. Map is down until further notice.

Edit: found a workaround...its back up.

Server not found when i tried to go to the map