Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

And the silence tells me that I am not the only one wondering if sprint is throttling there customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1X service I get all the time almost seals that question to me. I use a ton of Data, and almost no minutes, I would bet lunch on it.

But is that 1x or ehrpd? Remember they are separate values.

I am in 3g now. Earlier today I was in 1x, as my display said, and the night before last in the same area I was also. As others have wondered, I wouldn't doubt that Sprint hates my constant downloads and super high data usage. Throttling maybe?

Currently my phone says 2 bars of 3g, -80dBm 4asu. at -94 dBm it is 1 asu.

Edited by Jojodapyro

I'm at 123rd south 172 east tower is less than 1000 ft from me how ever I'm in a block building and here are my readings

Posted Image

If your not happy I'd get on Twitter @sprintcare and let them know. If you don't report it they don't have a chance to fix it. I bugged them about the above site a half dozen times earlier this year and yes it was a hassle and time consuming but it is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It will help you but most people use WiFi at home? Tri band will help with coverage when its finished being rolled out. Especially the 1x800.

I do use Wifi as much as I can. I play Ingress, and my service tends to lag badly when I have been playing for a bit. I am not up to speed on all the terms on the signals and such, My phone says 1x, I don't know what ehrpd is.

Edited by Jojodapyro

I am in 3g now. Earlier today I was in 1x, as my display said, and the night before last in the same area I was also. As others have wondered, I wouldn't doubt that Sprint hates my constant downloads and super high data usage. Throttling maybe?

Currently my phone says 2 bars of 3g, -80dBm 4asu. at -94 dBm it is 1 asu.

sprint doesn't throttle period. That's just an urban legend. What is super high usage I use over 7 GB a month? I'd highly suggest signal check it tells you both voice and data connections as they are SEPERATE values.

sprint doesn't throttle period. That's just an urban legend. What is super high usage I use over 7 GB a month? I'd highly suggest signal check it tells you both voice and data connections as they are SEPERATE values.

Not sure if you read the new plans.

I do use Wifi as much as I can. I play Ingress, and my service tends to lag badly when I have been playing for a bit. I am not up to speed on all the terms on the signals and such, My phone says 1x, I don't know what ehrpd is.

not sure what ingress is? Could be time of day and site capacity issues? Look on the FAQs page it has a lot of the terms on there to help get you up to speed. Again I suggest reporting the issue complaining and doing nothing about it will get you no where, sorry that's just how I view it.

300 Mb per day. That is about average, I would say about 10 gigs a month, plus what ever my wife uses.

Not sure if you read the new plans.

dunno if this is classified as new...but its what i found...no throttling but network management...

http://www.sprint.com/legal/agreement.html?INTNAV=CMS:LGL:Acceptable_Use_Policy#neut

about half way down....could be your just trying to be a hog at the wrong time... :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:

This is weird. This is at home with my Airrave on. Can that affect the speed tests? I know it affects the bars but the test has never really been this high. Is this a sign of the times?

Test results:

182 ms

2.41 mbps

0.49 mbps

Not sure how to add pics to posts yet. 

Hey just wondering if anyone with the nexus 5 or G2 has had any issues connecting to LTE, ie having the issue talked about on the wall.

Yes. I am unable to hold a connection to the LTE in the Salt Lake valley, which have the issue described.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes. I am unable to hold a connection to the LTE in the Salt Lake valley, which have the issue described.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I knew we wouldn't be able to connect to 800 and 2600, I never thought it would affect the 1900 as well. Kind of disappointing, but having 3 bands seems like it could turn into a competitive advantage. Fingers crossed.

So I just drove by Logan and had 16.33 mbps down... it was beautiful.  :frantic:

Though I do wanted to ask, I live on Park blvd and Washington in Ogden and my signal seems a little less then optimal (non existent) Now im fairly certain that the reason is on the south of me is a 150-200 foot hill that holds the Ogden cemetery, and a few hundred 5-6 story tall tress that are messing with my signal (lead based paint may also be a factor in the house) But anyways, Sprint has been so helpful ( :wall:  :wall:  :wall: ) in offering me no reason other then their maps show I have service... and also that I drop less calls then my wife... as if thats a plus??? So how should I go about improving signal quality? If I call them 100+ times will they get annoyed and just give me one of those airaves? :azn:

• Like 1

I'm at the top of that hill and I'm lucky to get more then 2 bars, less downstairs (roaming).

So I just drove by Logan and had 16.33 mbps down... it was beautiful. :frantic:

Though I do wanted to ask, I live on Park blvd and Washington in Ogden and my signal seems a little less then optimal (non existent) Now im fairly certain that the reason is on the south of me is a 150-200 foot hill that holds the Ogden cemetery, and a few hundred 5-6 story tall tress that are messing with my signal (lead based paint may also be a factor in the house) But anyways, Sprint has been so helpful ( :wall::wall::wall: ) in offering me no reason other then their maps show I have service... and also that I drop less calls then my wife... as if thats a plus??? So how should I go about improving signal quality? If I call them 100+ times will they get annoyed and just give me one of those airaves? :azn:

2 things, 

1 wait for the upgrades to get better....problem is that harrison and 21st has no hardware...but "should" be done i would guess by spring maybe...

2 dont ask them...tell them you want the air rave....

and it looks like you are in the middle (or there abouts) of 3 towers...bermuda triangle..lol

the above tower...one on the city building, and 4th street ball park.....probably closer to the downtown one

when 800  voice finally hits, it should be fine....