Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Gotcha, that's still fast for my phone considering I can't even connect to wimax. Now I'm excited to get an lte phone. I'll refrain from posting anymore wimax photos as they won't do anyone any good.

its all good....

at least your excited about it.... :tu:  :tu:

Since ATT, VZW, and Tmo all have LTE at UVU, it makes me wonder if Sprint would ever allow LTE roaming onto one of the other carrier networks?  Although the other 3 carriers mostly share the same LTE frequencies, of which none are the same as Sprints.

Edited by dmplus

Since ATT, VZW, and Tmo all have LTE at UVU, it makes me wonder if Sprint would ever allow LTE roaming onto one of the other carrier networks? Although the other 3 carriers mostly share the same LTE frequencies, of which non are the same as Sprints.

sprint will have lte there as well they have a site across street that should service the uvu

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Does anybody have a general idea of the time frame for the Wasatch Front getting upgraded?  I know there's a couple of spots that have it but it's getting awfully frustrating not seeing any progress.  Are we looking at another 6 months to a year?  Are they going to be turned on 1 at a time or will there be a mass switch over all at once?  

Does anybody have a general idea of the time frame for the Wasatch Front getting upgraded?  I know there's a couple of spots that have it but it's getting awfully frustrating not seeing any progress.  Are we looking at another 6 months to a year?  Are they going to be turned on 1 at a time or will there be a mass switch over all at once?  

We've been told many things. I don't think there is an answer. When I purchased my Nexus 5, I was told by a store rep that Utah would be 80% live by the end of the year. I would be shocked if that happens.

The whole 3G NV and "Circuit Switch Fallback" issue affects us greatly, as we are in a Samsung market. I'm pretty sure Sprint won't be activating any LTE towers without 3G, and 3G takes time to configure. The issue seems to have been fully realized only recently by Sprint, and therefore it could set things back significantly. 

Has any one here been able try out the 4G coverage in Heber? Apparently the private maps show one that went live.

Sensorly is showing someone mapped it in Heber, Midway, and part way up US40.

Sensorly is showing someone mapped it in Heber, Midway, and part way up US40.

yeah thesupervisor was up there he got me the sector ids as well

Gotcha, that's still fast for my phone considering I can't even connect to wimax. Now I'm excited to get an lte phone. I'll refrain from posting anymore wimax photos as they won't do anyone any good.

Just curious how is your WiMAX coverage/speeds like nowadays?

ohhhh there are days when i am not the "fix it man" around the house...

while working my wife sends me a text...."can you check the internet, the phone has been out all night" :dazed:  :dazed:  :dazed:

seriously now I gotta trouble shoot at midnight :idea:  :idea:

well at least i found it quick :clap:  :clap:

turns out the phone jack the cable modem plugs into, that back feeds the house...had wires that broke off (its not inserted in the hole....the previous owner didnt put a good box in)  so it just kinda sits there...

anyway guess my kid has been putting his feet on things and pinched the wire....so now i gotta figure out the wiring....blue and green go together, and the 2 oranges....but what order  :fingers:  :fingers:

20131122_003938.jpg

20131122_004001.jpg

20131122_004020.jpg

ohhhh there are days when i am not the "fix it man" around the house...

while working my wife sends me a text...."can you check the internet, the phone has been out all night" :dazed:  :dazed:  :dazed:

seriously now I gotta trouble shoot at midnight :idea:  :idea:

well at least i found it quick :clap:  :clap:

turns out the phone jack the cable modem plugs into, that back feeds the house...had wires that broke off (its not inserted in the hole....the previous owner didnt put a good box in)  so it just kinda sits there...

anyway guess my kid has been putting his feet on things and pinched the wire....so now i gotta figure out the wiring....blue and green go together, and the 2 oranges....but what order  :fingers:  :fingers:

20131122_003938.jpg

20131122_004001.jpg

20131122_004020.jpg

Since we live close I should have just come over at 1AM to help.  Ha ha  :-)

Anyways if you havent fixed it yet, it looks like it's a phone line, so it should use red and green on the plate.  The feeding cables vary depending on someones prefrences, I would take a phone with an open line like a speaker phone or just the headset and touch various pairs to the red and green till you get a dial tone.  So assuming the blue wire was already attached, i would touch the other wires one by one to the green terminal until you get a dial tone.

Note: do not strip live phone wires with your mouth/teeth.  I know from expierence that it is not pleasant :-)

• Like 1

yea i got it....done plenty of rewiring for phones at a few houses....

i just wanted to bitch, cuz i was tired....

like tonight...but i am going to bed now, getting up at 7ish, and back at it around 8 til 6 or 7 :twitch:  :twitch:

nothing sunday

monday 5 condo/apt in park city to do, then a small restaurant

tues, field trip to thanksgiving point....then theater work late that night

wed nothing as of now...so christmas lights here we go 

We've been told many things. I don't think there is an answer. When I purchased my Nexus 5, I was told by a store rep that Utah would be 80% live by the end of the year. I would be shocked if that happens.

The whole 3G NV and "Circuit Switch Fallback" issue affects us greatly, as we are in a Samsung market. I'm pretty sure Sprint won't be activating any LTE towers without 3G, and 3G takes time to configure. The issue seems to have been fully realized only recently by Sprint, and therefore it could set things back significantly. 

Based on the new issues I'm thinking early 2014 honestly. 3G takes a lot more time then LTE Depending on the areas and what not. But i say march 2014 based on what info we have here at s4gru.

This isn't just directed at you two, but at everyone.

Keep in mind, that due to the eCSFB issue, you are NOT likely to see many site activations for a few more weeks. Samsung is not able to install eCSFB or CSFB on the legacy equipment in your market, so they will not be firing up any more LTE until the sites have operational NV 3G equipment.

Because of this, Samsung has been HAULING on getting as much equipment installed as quickly as possible. The target for majority install completion is December. 

Once the majority of sties are completed, they will start doing cluster launches - anywhere from 15 to 60 sites - of NV 3G all at once. If LTE is ready, that will come along as well. What will happen is the cluster will launch, and then you'll see LTE come up on a site by site basis, though fairly quickly, several - at least - per day.

So the notion of seeing widespread completion by the end of the year is not far fetched.

Also, does anyone know if Sprint will be offering any discounts on the nexus 5 for black Friday? I was going to wait for a sales discount but they don't seem to offer one for that phone.

Probably not, the Nexus 5 is already very cheap - all things considered - as it is, prices aren't likely to fall off much until we get close to the Nexus 6. We might see some sales, but you're better bets for sales are the G2, the ONE, ONE max, GS4 & Mini, and Mega. 

• Like 1

This isn't just directed at you two, but at everyone.

Keep in mind, that due to the eCSFB issue, you are NOT likely to see many site activations for a few more weeks. Samsung is not able to install eCSFB or CSFB on the legacy equipment in your market, so they will not be firing up any more LTE until the sites have operational NV 3G equipment.

Because of this, Samsung has been HAULING on getting as much equipment installed as quickly as possible. The target for majority install completion is December.

Once the majority of sties are completed, they will start doing cluster launches - anywhere from 15 to 60 sites - of NV 3G all at once. If LTE is ready, that will come along as well. What will happen is the cluster will launch, and then you'll see LTE come up on a site by site basis, though fairly quickly, several - at least - per day.

So the notion of seeing widespread completion by the end of the year is not far fetched.

Probably not, the Nexus 5 is already very cheap - all things considered - as it is, prices aren't likely to fall off much until we get close to the Nexus 6. We might see some sales, but you're better bets for sales are the G2, the ONE, ONE max, GS4 & Mini, and Mega.

great forecast my friend as always ;-)

I forgot in my post up there, Sprint fully realized the issue this summer.

That's when acceptances in Samsung markets came to a screeching halt (right after you guys saw your first few).

That's also when we started seeing the launches for tri-band devices getting pushed back... And pushed back and pushed back.

This is why there is so much equipment installed but not active. Sprint and Samsung have taken huge steps to fix the eCSFB issue on all sites activated from here on out. It delayed the activation of some sites sure, but it actually sped up your markets timetable. From a rough completion estimate of late spring, to a majority install completion goal of December.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I forgot in my post up there, Sprint fully realized the issue this summer.

That's when acceptances in Samsung markets came to a screeching halt (right after you guys saw your first few).

That's also when we started seeing the launches for tri-band devices getting pushed back... And pushed back and pushed back.

This is why there is so much equipment installed but not active. Sprint and Samsung have taken huge steps to fix the eCSFB issue on all sites activated from here on out. It delayed the activation of some sites sure, but it actually sped up your markets timetable. From a rough completion estimate of late spring, to a majority install completion goal of December.

So like you said about equipment being installed like crazy....which is why we are seeing so much hardware up correct??

but now its not really a backhaul issue per say.. but more of this CSFB thats holding it up??  ( i realize that back haul is still an issue for LTE though)

So can current backhaul hold the line for the NV 3g??  so that the 3g can get done??

And it looks like that manager I talked to was right on.....said they learned from past mistakes/issues and were fixing it....and that they would be coming on in clusters..  Though he was wrong about the G2 being a smart pick up for band 41,,, wonder if they didnt tell their people about the band 41 being locked???

So like you said about equipment being installed like crazy....which is why we are seeing so much hardware up correct??

but now its not really a backhaul issue per say.. but more of this CSFB thats holding it up?? ( i realize that back haul is still an issue for LTE though)

So can current backhaul hold the line for the NV 3g?? so that the 3g can get done??

And it looks like that manager I talked to was right on.....said they learned from past mistakes/issues and were fixing it....and that they would be coming on in clusters.. Though he was wrong about the G2 being a smart pick up for band 41,,, wonder if they didnt tell their people about the band 41 being locked???

Pretty much.

Backhaul is not the current hold up. But, even still there's likely to be sites that still don't have backhaul when they start firing up clusters. In those cases they'll throw NV 3G on the legacy backhaul and call it a day till what ever ISP gets it in gear.

Also, if you can activate band 41 with your MSL on the G2, it is possible to get it. Its just not optimized yet. And some markets don't seem to be authenticating at all yet. Its rather hit and miss, but worth a shot.

Edited by Dkoellerwx
mobile typos >_<
  • Like 1

Pretty much.

Backhaul is not the current hold up. But, even still there's likely to be sites that still don't have backhaul when they start firing up clusters. In those cases they'll throw NV 3G on the legacy backhaul and call it a day till what ever ISP gets it in gear.

Also, if you can activate band 41 with your MSL on the G2, it is possible to get it. Its just not optimized yet. And some markets don't seem to be authenticating at all yet. Its rather hit and miss, but worth a shot.

Thanks man! I appreciate your words of wisdom and update in our market. I has a feeling That was what was going on... I mean wtf else would it be! Haha. But thanks again buddy this made my morning.