Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

With current supplies of the iPhone 5s it won't even be a choice. The iPhone 6 might be out before the American Fork Sprint store gets my phone in! They've only received 15 iPhone 5s since launch.

I was there launch morning and got the #15 last one at the af sprint store. Can't believe they haven't received anymore. Geez.

Something kinda funny...I ran a speed test last night on 3g and I got a -1 ping...Thats right a NEGATIVE 1 ping...I bet no one can beat that! And I got 0.00 down and 0.00 up.  I laughed, it was pretty funny.  I wonder what happened.  Just wanted to share the anomaly. 

• Like 1

Wow good information.....you guys on here are walking encyclopedias. Is there any websites or material that I can get my hands so I can read up on all this any learn more about this technology? I've googled all this stuff and I'm not getting any websites that explains much of anything. Maybe I should try, "lte for dummies"?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

The FAQ thread in the general topics section has a lot of good info, and breaks down the different terms and frequencies to some degree. That may help some.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

Who's antennas are on top of the Shane Company's roof on 7200 South and State Street? First time I've seen workman up there working on the panels.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I think sprint's tower in that area is approx 7100 South and 300 West (shared with clearwire and maybe t-mo but I could be wrong).  I always understood it was a smaller carrier, like cricket, that was on shaneco but that doesnt make much sense since cricket has pretty much abandoned infrastructure upgrades with their pending ATT buyout.  So I dont know why somoene would be doing work on them unless they had typical maintenance that needed to be done.

Who's antennas are on top of the Shane Company's roof on 7200 South and State Street? First time I've seen workman up there working on the panels.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The panels that are normally hidden behind the faux screen are at&t (recent LTE upgrade). The second carrier is an inactive former Qwest Wireless site now owned by VZW.

The other day I was told by a sprint rep in the layton store they are going to be turning on LTE in ogden this week

That would be AWESOME!! Especially since I work in Ogden. However I do not believe anything that store reps say so I will take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by ANIMAL7296

i thought the first rule is you don't talk about being a sprint customer

that right there is funny.....

now as far as OGDEN being on....well north and west maybe.....i went and did a ton of tower spotting today.....but you only get to see what ones, if your a member.....

Sprint LTE antennas are being installed now in Orem on the tower between Footfill elementary and the old cascade golf course.

I drove by there today and saw the same thing. I saw a large boom and plenty of trucks there.