Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

Anyone else have any ideas? Going on a week. No calls or text unless I'm in 4G. Tried everything... ##DATA#, ##S#. I'll only get text and calls while at the intersection of Rodd Field and Saratoga. HELP!!

Seems strange. The issue i have is if the LTE signal is low (2 bars) i can't send any texts and data won't work. Turning off LTE throws me back to 3G but everything works fine. Try that route. With speeds upwards of 16 mbps i can sacrifice not having LTE for a little longer while it gets deployed better around the city. Let us know if this helped :)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

I usually briefly pickup an LTE signal driving along FM 2444 at the very south end of Corpus. I have also seen a bucket truck parked from time to time at the tower located at Everhart & Saratoga.

I usually briefly pickup an LTE signal driving along FM 2444 at the very south end of Corpus. I have also seen a bucket truck parked from time to time at the tower located at Everhart & Saratoga.

I hope so, I think that is one of the towers close to (about a mile) I am not sure how to tell what towers are closest. but I think that one is down the road (im weber and saratoga)

How would one go about starting the conversation of possibly adding a tower in the South Texas area with no Sprint service? Specifically looking at Concan, Texas

I hope so, I think that is one of the towers close to (about a mile) I am not sure how to tell what towers are closest. but I think that one is down the road (im weber and saratoga)

The tower located near 286 & 2444 (S. Staples) is LTE live so that's probably where you're getting your signal. I mapped it on Sensorly already.

probably

The tower located near 286 & 2444 (S. Staples) is LTE live so that's probably where you're getting your signal. I mapped it on Sensorly already.

maybe not. I am not getting Lte yet.

Seems strange. The issue i have is if the LTE signal is low (2 bars) i can't send any texts and data won't work. Turning off LTE throws me back to 3G but everything works fine. Try that route. With speeds upwards of 16 mbps i can sacrifice not having LTE for a little longer while it gets deployed better around the city. Let us know if this helped :)

Ended up being the phone. Brand new device too. Antenna couldn't hold on to a signal. I read alot on GS3's having reception issues. Waiting on the replacement unit now. Hopefully the next one will hold up better. Thanks for the advice.

im weber/saratoga...lte is above me and below. not with me yet. ya know it's wierd. the lte is all along the road. it doesnt seem to stretch out far

yeah, still waiting for north laredo to light up

post-10823-13684862297113_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ended up being the phone. Brand new device too. Antenna couldn't hold on to a signal. I read alot on GS3's having reception issues. Waiting on the replacement unit now. Hopefully the next one will hold up better. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry to hear that man. Do hope the new one doesn't act up

when looking at sensorly the 4g singnal goes right along the roads. I understand the tower might be there, but is the transmission so bad that it barely passes the accross a street? what good is this kind of signal. most people don't live ON the highway. I would expect a bigger radius

when looking at sensorly the 4g singnal goes right along the roads. I understand the tower might be there, but is the transmission so bad that it barely passes the accross a street? what good is this kind of signal. most people don't live ON the highway. I would expect a bigger radius

Coverage on Sensorly is provided by people who run the Sensorly app on their phone. Crowd sourced. People tend to drive on roads and highways. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol..well rober

Coverage on Sensorly is provided by people who run the Sensorly app on their phone. Crowd sourced. People tend to drive on roads and highways. ;)

well robert...color me stupid. LOL. I am kinda laughing at myself, because that makes perfect sense and I didn't even think about it. duh moment. :)

• Like 1

Talking about sensorly, is there a way i can map using an iphone?

Talking about sensorly, is there a way i can map using an iphone?

And that decision was made by Apple to better enhance your iPhone experience.

And that decision was made by Apple to better enhance your iPhone experience.

I know, i was reading the sensorly posts..i do agree that they should look for a jailbroken solution though..it would exponentially increase the amount of people mapping, imo. But then it will also cause more backhaul on the servers

I know, i was reading the sensorly posts..i do agree that they should look for a jailbroken solution though..it would exponentially increase the amount of people mapping, imo. But then it will also cause more backhaul on the servers

Plenty of room on the servers now after the upgrade.

I don't blame the dev for not doing a jailbreak one as it would be way too much to support. Plus it would be bending over for Apple. No thanks. They don't want Sensorly so those that do get rid of or don't buy an iPhone. Simple. Apple's loss Android's gain. From the stats in the past few years apples market share is becoming less and less for issues such as this one.

Sent from my little Note2

Plenty of room on the servers now after the upgrade.

I don't blame the dev for not doing a jailbreak one as it would be way too much to support. Plus it would be bending over for Apple. No thanks. They don't want Sensorly so those that do get rid of or don't buy an iPhone. Simple. Apple's loss Android's gain. From the stats in the past few years apples market share is becoming less and less for issues such as this one.

Sent from my little Note2

I know, just trying to put my 2¢ in

No area has been forgotten. Things must not be ready for them to start there yet.

I'm sorry, I realized i asked wrong. I meant that i haven't seen any updates lately about McAllen on this thread. It was the 1st area announced in the South Texas Market.