Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

You'll either see people on the tower...

37588220.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

Ok just to be clear..Sprint's NV sites will have 2 or more RRUs attached to a single panel, plus 6 cables connected to the front of the panel blocking the tilting motors in the back?

Ok just to be clear..Sprint's NV sites will have 2 or more RRUs attached to a single panel, plus 6 cables connected to the front of the panel blocking the tilting motors in the back?

In your market they will have 3-4 RRUs attached behind or near the panel with the 6 cables.

Thanks for clarification! :)

Actually, I may have to backtrack. In your region, Sprint will not be depoying 800 SMR 1x. I believe that one of the RRUs installed behind the panels is for 800 1x. In your area, they may not be installing this RRU, or using the 800 SMR section of the panel.

We have not seen an example of this in an Ericsson market, but it's possible that Sprint setups in your area may only have 2 RRUs, with only 4 cables attached. Be on the lookout for new equipment, and snap some pictures so we can see what setup they are using there.

Actually, I may have to backtrack. In your region, Sprint will not be depoying 800 SMR 1x. I believe that one of the RRUs installed behind the panels is for 800 1x. In your area, they may not be installing this RRU, or using the 800 SMR section of the panel.

We have not seen an example of this in an Ericsson market, but it's possible that Sprint setups in your area may only have 2 RRUs, with only 4 cables attached. Be on the lookout for new equipment, and snap some pictures so we can see what setup they are using there.

The nerd in me wants to understand..so we will have fewer RRUs, but still have LTE. Will it create a backhaul problem? Also, does this have anything to do with the number of towers we have in the city? (15 total i believe)

The nerd in me wants to understand..so we will have fewer RRUs, but still have LTE. Will it create a backhaul problem?

Yes, you will have LTE. Not sure how that would cause a backhaul problem. Every site is getting new backhaul that meets NV standards.

Also, does this have anything to do with the number of towers we have in the city? (15 total i believe)

I don't know what you're asking here either. The number of towers does not affect anything. All towers are getting the same treatment.

Yes, you will have LTE. Not sure how that would cause a backhaul problem. Every site is getting new backhaul that meets NV standards.

I don't know what you're asking here either. The number of towers does not affect anything. All towers are getting the same treatment.

My bad. My question is, any insight as to why Sprint would use fewer RRUs here than in other markets? Also, what's the difference in 800 SMR 1x vs 800 1x?

My bad. My question is, any insight as to why Sprint would use fewer RRUs here than in other markets?

One of those RRUs is for 800. No 800 in your market due to proximity to the Mexican border. No 800, no 800 RRU.

Also, what's the difference in 800 SMR 1x vs 800 1x?

Same thing.

Is anyone else having signal issues today? I have not been able to recieve or send txts or calls all day. It seemed to begin this am at work. I was getting a 4G signal at NAS Corpus Christi. Then after that, signal would alternate from 3G with signal, to roaming and eventually circle with line through it. Still like that now at home. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing issues. Could be 4G related. Sorry if this is not the correct venue to ask.

Not sure if this helps identify what RRUs are being used

Thank you for the picture, but Corpus Christi is not actually in the IBEZ, so I would expect to see the usual 3-4 RRUs on those sites.

Here is the IBEZ:

img_mbrmap.jpg

Is anyone else having signal issues today? I have not been able to recieve or send txts or calls all day. It seemed to begin this am at work. I was getting a 4G signal at NAS Corpus Christi. Then after that, signal would alternate from 3G with signal, to roaming and eventually circle with line through it. Still like that now at home. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing issues. Could be 4G related. Sorry if this is not the correct venue to ask.

Powercycle, remove battery. Update PRLs..sorry that's what comes to mind :)

Thank you for the picture, but Corpus Christi is not actually in the IBEZ, so I would expect to see the usual 3-4 RRUs on those sites.

Here is the IBEZ:

img_mbrmap.jpg

what is IBEZ?

what is IBEZ?

International Boundary Exclusion Zone.

Areas where sprint cannot deploy SMR 800 service due to interference issues with foreign government / private entities. Canadian border will be all PCS 1900 for the foreseeable future due to their safety band being on SMR and they're getting PCS only panels in response. The southern border is being worked out but it'll still be years before they can deploy down there.

well, it doesn't look like we are in that zone. so hopefully that means more bands we can get (if that's the proper term for it) someone said that they were setting up in corpus on everheart and spid.. so hopefully they are headed my way,,ugh so close, but around me. I feel someone at sprint knows me and they are messing with me. lol. but hey, at least they are moving...wooo

I am in corpus.. the lte looked headed towards my streets, but then headed in another direction. it looks to be headed from the south up towards me. So reading the site, they might be working on a lot of diffect places all (in the south market.) they just arent telling us.. then when it's on it's on. (im near weber/ saratoga). so who knows. maybe they are working on laredo and cc as we speak. who knows..maybe tomorrow we'll wake up and BAM!

BAM! :D

post-10823-13680129625881_thumb.jpg