Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

Any word about LTE in McAllen/Mission area?

The entire South Texas market is under deployment. Including the McAllen area. We don't know the date when the first site will be accepted in your area, because sites are rarely accepted on the first inspection. The Contractors usually have to fix a "punch list" of items. And the number and severity varies for each site.

I'd guess your area would have it's first site in less than 30 days. But if there are installation problems, it could be longer. However, the South Texas market will remain being deployed steadily until every tower is converted to Network Vision.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

it sounds like it starting to light up. that's great. I have been with sprint for a while since 2005. can't say I havent been tempted to leave due to the crappy speeds around here. I have always had hope thier network would come around. If the speeds are what I think, then the wait may finally pay off.

Now If I can just figure out how to have them raise a tower a little closer to my apt I would be completely content. but hey. I'll take LTE. maybe the new updates will actually give me a signal worth while where I live :) But I am really glad to hear these are popping up in cc. I am hoping within the month I should have it.

It appears the Flour Bluff tower is getting updated. Possibly the tower on Rodd Field and Saratoga too. I mapped SPID from Ennis Joslin out to the Island and Rodd Field using Sensorly.

No..No..that's further from me!! lol. Is there a way to tell which towers are being worked on? do they have trucks there or some way to know. that way when I pass a site maybe I can tell

Whether it's 24mb or 8mb download speeds, they're a welcome sight after many months of frustrating 3g speeds. I too contemplated to jump ship but today's news and this site has me sticking around for good.

Whether it's 24mb or 8mb download speeds, they're a welcome sight after many months of frustrating 3g speeds. I too contemplated to jump ship but today's news and this site has me sticking around for good.

yes speeds are horrible here Weber/saratoga ...let me just ask this...is it noticeable..are you like...wow..finally? and is there any icrease to your 3g?

Definitely noticeable on LTE. Unfortunately when I left the LTE area, I didn't notice the speeds on 3g since I was driving but I'm gonna do some speed tests tomorrow.

Definitely noticeable on LTE. Unfortunately when I left the LTE area, I didn't notice the speeds on 3g since I was driving but I'm gonna do some speed tests tomorrow.

Sweet. Hope we get at&t like speeds. but you are right.ANYTHING is better

Sweet. Hope we get at&t like speeds. but you are right.ANYTHING is better

Sprint's LTE speeds are slower, all things being equal. However, if you are very close to a Sprint LTE site, and the AT&T site is well burdened, then Sprint's would be faster.

Sprint's LTE is advertised at 6-8Mbps. If you are on an unburdened sector with a strong signal it can be 20-35Mbps. The absolute max speed possible is 37.5Mbps.

On a smartphone, 99% of what people do, you cannot tell the difference between 6Mbps and 60Mbps. Basically, only downloading large files. And people don't download large files on AT&T because of data limits. They wait until they are on WiFi.

Here are some speeds from the area. It appears the LTE signal may be coming from C....C367 although it doesn't show this site as in progress. The map does show S....C314 (Flour Bluff) in progress which is over 4 miles from C....C367

Again, the attachment will show LTE in the Saratoga Blvd/Rodd Field area. The Weber/Saratoga area is 3g speed

LTE.pdf

I downloaded sensorly and used it to go to a 4g spot. I think I was just in the fringe of it though as it went from 4g to 3g and back. I did a quick, since I was just passing through. a page pulled up instantly and loaded the whole page at one. now I just gotta wait for 4g to get to my area..can't wait. long needed.

Here are some speeds from the area. It appears the LTE signal may be coming from C....C367 although it doesn't show this site as in progress. The map does show S....C314 (Flour Bluff) in progress which is over 4 miles from C....C367

Again, the attachment will show LTE in the Saratoga Blvd/Rodd Field area. The Weber/Saratoga area is 3g speed

noitice any change with the penetration of the singnal?

I was on 4G at the intersection of Rodd Field and Saratoga. Full signal all the way North toward SPID. Was blazing fast streaming Pandora. Hopefully we can get the entire metro area on 4G soon...

That awkward moment when you see purple in your city only to zoom in and realize it's your airport...fml x|

lol@juant I heard it takes 3 weeks to complete a tower..so hopefully in a month we'll be covered.

I am in corpus.. the lte looked headed towards my streets, but then headed in another direction. it looks to be headed from the south up towards me. So reading the site, they might be working on a lot of diffect places all (in the south market.) they just arent telling us.. then when it's on it's on. (im near weber/ saratoga). so who knows. maybe they are working on laredo and cc as we speak. who knows..maybe tomorrow we'll wake up and BAM!

I am in corpus.. the lte looked headed towards my streets, but then headed in another direction. it looks to be headed from the south up towards me. So reading the site, they might be working on a lot of diffect places all (in the south market.) they just arent telling us.. then when it's on it's on. (im near weber/ saratoga). so who knows. maybe they are working on laredo and cc as we speak. who knows..maybe tomorrow we'll wake up and BAM!

lol such an optimist, but yeah i agree it would be awesome waking up one morning and BAM! LTE next to Sprint

Any word when Kingsville will be getting some LTE love...

this was on page 3 :)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

snapback.pngbigalb, on 24 February 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

is there any work being done in the Kingsville area?

Thanks

They should be beginning soon, if they haven't already started.