Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

Are there any other towers in progress besides the one at 83 and palo blanco st?

It only shows that one but keep an eye out on the towers. There's one here in Corpus that's not on the "in progress" map but they're upgrading the equipment

It only shows that one but keep an eye out on the towers. There's one here in Corpus that's not on the "in progress" map but they're upgrading the equipment

Most of our In Progress sites on the maps come from member reports. To report a site In Progress, go to this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3369-report-in-progress-sites-here/

Thanks!

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Powercycle, remove battery. Update PRLs..sorry that's what comes to mind :)

Seems to be a problem with the 4G rollout. Haven't received a call or txt in 2 days. I live and work on the fringes of the "active" 4G towers according to Sensorly. I parked near the tower for 10 minutes today and was able to send and receive calls with a solid 4G signal. Sprint says they have no information on the 4G upgrade. It's not the phone that's for sure. Thanks for the response. Tried everything already. (##7#)

Seems to be a problem with the 4G rollout. Haven't received a call or txt in 2 days. I live and work on the fringes of the "active" 4G towers according to Sensorly. I parked near the tower for 10 minutes today and was able to send and receive calls with a solid 4G signal. Sprint says they have no information on the 4G upgrade. It's not the phone that's for sure. Thanks for the response. Tried everything already. (##7#)

Sorry i couldn't help you any more than that. At least you don't need to buy a new phone.

so I had a question that maybe you all can help with. Of course I am following the 4g updates in my area. It looks like it's edging towards my area. (weber/saratoga) . So I look at the coverage map. are the towers showing all the sprint towers in my area, or just the ones that have had recent update? if It's just the ones with the updates, then why arent they updating the others, and if it's only those in my area, then hopefully 4g should come on soon, cuz as you see..there aren't many towers.

https://network.sprint.com/search/78413/

so I had a question that maybe you all can help with. Of course I am following the 4g updates in my area. It looks like it's edging towards my area. (weber/saratoga) . So I look at the coverage map. are the towers showing all the sprint towers in my area, or just the ones that have had recent update? if It's just the ones with the updates, then why arent they updating the others, and if it's only those in my area, then hopefully 4g should come on soon, cuz as you see..there aren't many towers.

https://network.spri...m/search/78413/

The maps at network.sprint only show towers that have received updates, either regular maintenance or NV, in the last 6 months.

There are still legacy updates going on even though NV is rolling through. This is to help keep the legacy sites operating until they can fully move the network over to NV. It is very hard to distinguish these regular updates from NV upgrades on that map. Some of them are NV, but a lot of them at this point are not.

Every site will be upgraded, it just takes time. There's lots of planning, paper work, permits, equipment tracking, scheduling crews, fighting the weather, fighting for permits when the NIMBY's strike .... that makes it very hard to move forward with a project on this large of a scale.

The maps at network.sprint only show towers that have received updates, either regular maintenance or NV, in the last 6 months.

There are still legacy updates going on even though NV is rolling through. This is to help keep the legacy sites operating until they can fully move the network over to NV. It is very hard to distinguish these regular updates from NV upgrades on that map. Some of them are NV, but a lot of them at this point are not.

Every site will be upgraded, it just takes time. There's lots of planning, paper work, permits, equipment tracking, scheduling crews, fighting the weather, fighting for permits when the NIMBY's strike .... that makes it very hard to move forward with a project on this large of a scale.

I currently am getting a 1x singnal in my apt (inside) do you think the nv will help with the penetration to provide at least a 3g inside. I think the penetration of the singnal is suppose to be better if I am correct. You know, I just thought, not really sure why I care about 4 in my area..I am mostly on wifi inside...lol. I guess it would be good at the local pool hall :)

I currently am getting a 1x singnal in my apt (inside) do you think the nv will help with the penetration to provide at least a 3g inside.

It's possible, but not likely. The real increase in coverage will come with the addition of 800 CDMA, which is 1x only. When 800 LTE comes along, you may get that in your apartment But as you said, you have WiFi so it doesn't really matter all that much where you live. It's where you spend the rest of the day that it matters.

It's possible, but not likely. The real increase in coverage will come with the addition of 800 CDMA, which is 1x only. When 800 LTE comes along, you may get that in your apartment But as you said, you have WiFi so it doesn't really matter all that much where you live. It's where you spend the rest of the day that it matters.

work. lol

Yeah i heard that south laredo is getting great LTE reception

Isn't South Laredo in Mexico? :hee:

• Like 1

LOL

There are parts of the city that are along the river bank, not IN Mexico

Yep, but I couldn't resist the obvious joke. ;)

• Like 1

Can anyone in Laredo track down the tower and get a shot of it? Curious to see how Ericsson does their set-ups that don't have 800 on them.

I'll try to get a shot, but i'll be off from work at night...plus it will be an iphone 5 pic

Is anyone else having signal issues today? I have not been able to recieve or send txts or calls all day. It seemed to begin this am at work. I was getting a 4G signal at NAS Corpus Christi. Then after that, signal would alternate from 3G with signal, to roaming and eventually circle with line through it. Still like that now at home. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing issues. Could be 4G related. Sorry if this is not the correct venue to ask.

Anyone else have any ideas? Going on a week. No calls or text unless I'm in 4G. Tried everything... ##DATA#, ##S#. I'll only get text and calls while at the intersection of Rodd Field and Saratoga. HELP!!