Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

I checked the updates on the sprint map and it's showing only 3 that are less than 6 months. If I overlay the sensorly map, these 3 are located in areas where LTE is live right now. Could it be safe to assume that these updates are 4G?

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

At work (corn product), standing up got 4G a bar or half as soon as i sat down went back to 3g. So close.

I know the tower on Hunter & Bearden St (near IH37) which is the closest tower to Corn Products has the panels and RRUs installed but it wasn't broadcasting LTE on Friday when I passed it. I've seen two others that I've visually seen with the updated panels and RRUs but again not broadcasting LTE and one is documented as completed on the completed sites list. 

I know the tower on Hunter & Bearden St (near IH37) which is the closest tower to Corn Products has the panels and RRUs installed but it wasn't broadcasting LTE on Friday when I passed it. I've seen two others that I've visually seen with the updated panels and RRUs but again not broadcasting LTE and one is documented as completed on the completed sites list. 

Where is this site list you speak of?

If you become a sponsor to the site you'll have access to the list of sites.

oh i see, may be you can tell me if there is anything near violet and 37. ;)

The closest tower to that location is off Callicoatte & 37 which is not in progress but keep an eye out for work on the tower. They would be installing new panels and RRUs. I passed by that tower on Friday and didn't see the panels up yet.

Last week, I was in the 3200 block of Morgan and was picking up a 4G signal but it was too weak to do anything with (data, etc.) Today I was at work (Leopard off of Corn Products road) and noticed 4G was lit up, well I turned on the speedtest app and data was actually working! But not 30 seconds after I ran the test, the 4G went off and went back to 3G.

Screenshot_2013-05-22-12-25-10_zps149a6dScreenshot_2013-05-22-12-29-23_zps61a3e5

I get 12mbps at the whataburger on Jacaman RD near Loop 20. Here's the funny part, you only get it when you're between the first and second drive thru windows. As soon you move foward to the second window to pick up your food, it's back to 3G. LoL

My last post made me crave whataburger, LoL. Got these results while sitting at the drive thru. I've seen faster results here, but not bad for this part of North Laredo I guess. And its only like 2 blocks away from my house too. So close, yet so far...

post-17732-0-74200800-1369337972_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mgar4x4

My last post made me crave whataburger, LoL. Got these results while sitting at the drive thru. I've seen faster results here, but not bad for this part of North Laredo I guess. And its only like 2 blocks away from my house too. So close, yet so far...

Wherabouts?

Wherabouts?

At the whataburger drive thru. The whataburger that's on Jacaman RD near Loop 20 and the LEA. But like I said previously, you only get LTE Between the first and second drive thru windows haha. Once you move to the second window it's back to 3G. I only live 2 block away in Lakeside, which frustrates me to see it so close to my house. Hope it spreads fast

Wherabouts?

At the whataburger drive thru. The whataburger that's on Jacaman RD near Loop 20 and the LEA. But like I said previously, you only get LTE Between the first and second drive thru windows haha. Once you move to the second window it's back to 3G. I only live 2 block away in Lakeside, which frustrates me to see it so close to my house. Hope it spreads fast

I live on summerwind..only get LTE in south laredo (walmart at clark st yields 16mbps) and around mcph and calle del norte

I live on summerwind..only get LTE in south laredo (walmart at clark st yields 16mbps) and around mcph and calle del norte

Ahh well then you're just as close then, just down the road actually. Next time you visit that what-a-burger run a speed test, I've gotten up to 12 Mbps. While at the drive thru, Quickly turn airplane mode On then Off again if its stubborn to connect to LTE. But yea, seeing it this close to home sucks. I want it now. My wifi is only 6 Mbps haha