Galaxy S23

dkyeager

• 4 weeks later...

I should have made it clear a few weeks ago that the above models are for Korea.  US variant still does not list n70 (1695-1710Mhz).

US Variants:

https://fccid.io/A3LSMS911U   

https://fccid.io/A3LSMS916U

https://fccid.io/A3LSMS918U  

Factory unlocked is included in above (U1)

credit u/WF71 for finding the US variant 18 days ago.

• 1 month later...

Surprised this thread hasnt been more lively.  Anyone else get this phone?  I preordered the ultra with the great tmobile deal for it.  I am hoping it is as amazing as my S20+ is.  The S20 was probably the best phone I have ever had.and its specs still seem to hold up against most other phones even in the last 3 years.

10 hours ago, swintec said:

I preordered the ultra with the great tmobile deal for it.  I am hoping it is as amazing as my S20+ is.

I preordered the S23 Ultra. T-Mobile didn't give me squat for deals. Apparently since I'm not on a Max plan, there were no discounts and they wouldn't even let me trade in my phone. Went through Best Buy with a $400 trade in for my S21 Ultra. Thought the trade in would be better, but whatever. Had $200 in BB credits I used too. Can't wait to pick it up next Friday. My S21 Ultra has been fantastic, have absolutely loved the camera on it, but starting to feel the battery life. Especially under 25%, it just crashes super fast.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I preordered the S23 Ultra. T-Mobile didn't give me squat for deals. Apparently since I'm not on a Max plan, there were no discounts and they wouldn't even let me trade in my phone. Went through Best Buy with a $400 trade in for my S21 Ultra. Thought the trade in would be better, but whatever. Had $200 in BB credits I used too. Can't wait to pick it up next Friday. My S21 Ultra has been fantastic, have absolutely loved the camera on it, but starting to feel the battery life. Especially under 25%, it just crashes super fast.

weird.  I am on Advantage Premium (what became of SERO) they gave me $1000 for my S20+.  that brings the ultra down to $8 and change per month.  i could have gotten the + for free but i was in a tough spot.  the + is a bit smaller than the S20+ and the ultra is a bit bigger (and heavier). i hope i dont regret the decision as I really did not want to end up in phablet territory but here i am.

Actually, looks like it has shipped and it will be here monday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, swintec said:

I am on Advantage Premium (what became of SERO) they gave me $1000 for my S20+.  that brings the ultra down to $8 and change per month.

I see the "up to $1,000 off" deal when I log into my account, but it says on "eligible Sprint Max plans." When I click it, all I get is the full price phone and no option to trade in my device. Really annoying. Oh well. Paid in full at BB so won't have a monthly payment to deal with. Just no early shipping for me as BB would only allow me to do store pickup for some reason.

I believe it's pretty much the same size as the S21 Ultra, which after a week stopped feeling so huge. I think you'll like the pone once you get it!

• Like 1

my preorder shipped. fedex says expected delivery on monday. im trading in my s21u for the s23u though samsung and i got the unlocked.
although the carrier deals are enticing, they are giving it through 2 year credits. I dont like to be tied down to the phone like that.

my other lines are waiting until after the phone release for better trade in value for their s22u s.
thats how we never pay full retail price of the phone but that means each person have to use money every year to get a new phone. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rickie546 said:

Got mine today and online, sa n25 enabled, Signalcheck pro not working yet.

is something new broken with Signal check on the S23 or just the already known about android 13 stuff?

my phone came in today but the case wont be here until tomorrow and i dont want to run it without one so i have to wait. lol

1 hour ago, Rickie546 said:

Got mine today and online, sa n25 enabled, Signalcheck pro not working yet.

I biggest issue I have noticed with earlier phones is the permissions sometimes need to be manually set for Signalcheck Pro before it will work.  Is that your problem or something more serious? (What is the SCP issue you are having?)

8 hours ago, clbowens said:

I just pre-ordered the S23 today thru the MySprint app, trading in my paid off S21 (says I will get $400 off).

Anyone get theirs yet?  Impressions?

And just got shipped email.  Says will be here Wednesday 

1 hour ago, gr8nuguy said:

Impressions so far?

So, got my regular S23 yesterday.  So far, so good.  No issues activating in Sprint billing.  It's speedy.  But overall, I upgraded from S21 for the SA 5G carrier aggregation ( should be able to do 4x now). 

As always, I love the design of the phone.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:33 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

Ordered day 1`from Best Buy but can't pick up til tomorrow. Setting my alarm haha

Only took over two hours at the store but finally got the phone. Their system wouldn't accept the trade in and kept trying to cancel the order. Ended up cancelling and processing the phone and trade in separately and then thankfully matched the pre-order deal. Activation was as simple as it's ever been, just popped in the sim and it transferred over. 

Still getting used to the sharp corners, and I have no idea what to do with the pen, but otherwise first impressions are pretty good! Nice to see SA n25, though it's still not available here. 

• Like 1

My phone has been rebooting randomly all day. I'm on my 10th or 12th restart now. It's doing it all on its own, not seeing any crash messages or anything like that. Is it trying to install something or do I have a bad device? Very confused as to what is happening.

9 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

My phone has been rebooting randomly all day. I'm on my 10th or 12th restart now. It's doing it all on its own, not seeing any crash messages or anything like that. Is it trying to install something or do I have a bad device? Very confused as to what is happening.

Does it still reboot when in safe mode?

Power on your device in Safe mode:
  1. Power off your device.
  2. Power on your device.
  3. When the Samsung logo appears by itself, press and hold the Volume down key.
  4. The device will switch on in Safe mode. "Safe mode" will be displayed on the bottom left of the screen.