LG V60 News & Rumors

PythonFanPA

5 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Is the LG G9 just gone? I haven't seen anything new since MWC was canceled. 

Believe I read somewhere that they're flipping the releases between the two lines from previous years, so the V60 comes first, then the G9 later in the year.

17 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Believe I read somewhere that they're flipping the releases between the two lines from previous years, so the V60 comes first, then the G9 later in the year.

Hmm. I hope so. The V line is just a little over the top in terms of size and price for me, at least it has been in the past.

Any thoughts on the included dual-screen? Doesn't seem like something I'd use, would be nice to have an option where it's not included, maybe for a slightly lower price. 

Battery size is nice! LG lagged a little behind on the battery for the G series for a while.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hands-on-lg-v60-thinq-5g-with-8k-video-and-dual-screen/

It seems really big to me, but I have to admit I'm considering it.  The dual screen thing seems moderately interesting.  I'd be interested in trying it out. 

EDIT:  But Best Buy has the G8X on sale right now at a very sensible price.  It's comparable in size to my G6, versus the V60 which, having looked at the dimensions, seems enormous by comparison.  My G6 is already at the very top end of what would fit in my hand.  If I got the V60, it'd be solely for the ability to use 5G, which I don't really need other than for tracking purposes--and right now, I think it's pretty safe to assume that a site with 600 MHz LTE on T-Mobile or a Massive MIMO antenna on Sprint is running 5G without having to prove it that way.

- Trip

Edited by Trip
  • Like 1

I'm not big into LG phones but this seems like a really nice phone overall. I'm especially loving the blue-gold color scheme. I wish more OEMs would try cool color combos like that. It's also a pretty nicely designed phone, even if it's still very much in LG's comfort zone.

I'm hoping that they try something new with the screen though on the G9. The notch is beginning to look dated to me. Especially because manufacturers like Samsung and Huawei are putting punch-hole cameras on their mid-rangers at this point. I'd also like to see LG try to make that bottom bezel a tad bit smaller to get in line with the Galaxy S20 and iPhone 11 Pro. Right now their bezels are more like the standard iPhone 11.

4 hours ago, Trip said:

EDIT:  But Best Buy has the G8X on sale right now at a very sensible price.

- Trip

Trip:  How much?  I'd been looking into getting a used regular G8 or V50 possibly to update with before and pass my G7 to my wife (who's still on a G5), but if its reasonable enough I might look into the G8X.

3 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

Trip:  How much?  I'd been looking into getting a used regular G8 or V50 possibly to update with before and pass my G7 to my wife (who's still on a G5), but if its reasonable enough I might look into the G8X.

It is showing as $6.26/mo after bill credits (that's $150 total).

- Trip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's okay, since Sprint's coming to T-Mobile. [emoji16]

I predict another solid phone from LG that sells poorly because for whatever reason LG is viewed negatively of their phones aren't head and shoulders ahead of Samsung's. Just makes me scratch my head. Though their handling of Android upgrades in the past has me almost frustrated enough to switch. I am hoping Sony keeps making phones long enough for me to get one down the road once the merger is completed.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, Grabber5.0 said:

That's okay, since Sprint's coming to T-Mobile. emoji16.png

I predict another solid phone from LG that sells poorly because for whatever reason LG is viewed negatively of their phones aren't head and shoulders ahead of Samsung's. Just makes me scratch my head. Though their handling of Android upgrades in the past has me almost frustrated enough to switch. I am hoping Sony keeps making phones long enough for me to get one down the road once the merger is completed.

Thats because even with their "2 year warranty" on the G6, they have kind of been crap, and a butt to deal with if there are problems..

Loved my V20, when I upgraded I went Note 8 (after a v10 on tmo, g4 etc.. LOVED THE BUTTONS ON THE BACK) when they started dumping those I went back to sammy.

Bought a bunch of G6s for people on my account (smoking deal) out of 8, 4 of them had issues, camera, acting wonky etc.  PITA working through the warranty dept...

Next round most of us went S9, 2 stayed with the V40.. 1 has a camera issue within 6 months... I have chose not to send it in due to past experience (they make you feel like its your fault its broke AND take up to 6 weeks to fix) 

Anyway, no issues with the note 8.. zero issues with any of the S9s

And now NO buttons on the back, meh..

anyway my 2 bits

On 2/29/2020 at 6:32 PM, nowerlater said:

V60 not coming to Sprint

Yeah, thats a bummer, but I guess the reasoning is because Sprint is merging into T-Mobile. Hopefully T-Mobile turns on the Sprint access soon. So far my T-Mobile OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren 5G isn't that great compared to my Samsung Note 10+ on 4G. I was going to go for the G8 ThinkQ because I love that second screen case. Didn't get it even with the excellent Best Buy discount since one has to wait over 6 weeks for the cover. But once that V60 ThinkQ  comes out, I think I may go for that one instead. Especially since they are including the additional screen cover. In the meantime I'll pay off the Mclaren and use that as a trade in for the V60.

• Like 1

So according to 9to5google, the Phone will be available from T-Mobile at $799.99 without the dual-screen accessory and at $899 with it. Link

Just need one phone? T-Mobile customers can get the LG V60 ThinQ 5G with 128GB storage in Classy White or Classy Blue for $33.34/month ($0 down, FRP: $799.99). Customers interested in picking up the new device plus the dual screen can get the T-Mobile exclusive bundle in Classy Blue together for $37.50/month ($0 down, FRP: $899.99)

TS out

I hate when folks lie. T-Mobile site shows the phone in stock at the main store, so I go and they said they had 2 and were already sold. Funny since they open at 10AM and I was the third in line. The two people in front of me only went to pay their bill. So I ordered it. Another 2-3 days of Heinz Ketchup anticipation. lol

btw, am I the only one getting this phone in this thread. :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread is starting to look like a me only blog. lol
Anyway, 2 weeks with the phone (with dual-case on T-Mobile) and all I can say is wow. Just wow. Better camera than the Note 10+ (even on auto mode), in manual mode, holy cow. The dual screen is really cool especially when doing work stuff. Haven't tried the games yet.
Signal wise, the first week I admit the signal sucked on T-Mobile 5G unless you go back down to 4G and even then, Sprints 4G and 5G are really really good on my Note 10+. But in the second week, they must have done something that I'm getting very good 4G and actually not bad (but still not as great as Sprint) 5G. The battery life on this thing is a wet dream. lasts so long it's not funny. Now with the dual case I say it cuts it down but battery still lasts longer than the Note 10+. After discovering the stylus capability and getting my stylus, I can finally say that I have a suitable Note replacement.
I even made a side by side table of the stylus functions for both the Note 10+ and V60 here.

large.mywallpaper.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I only update phone every few years. How has the telephoto aspect improved since the v20 days? For example, a cell site? Thanks